• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

show us your airport!

Started by jaronamo70, December 21, 2006, 09:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pagenotfound

Now thats an awesome airport! &apls
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

allan_kuan1992

Hey... where did the traffic lights come from? =O

- Allan Kuan

Swesim

I suppose You´ll have to find the aircraft prop You want to use and put it on the runway/taxiway lot of Your choice.
To do that the runway/taxiway lot can´t be an airport lot however, so You´ll have to convert it to a landmark or park before You begin Your work.
There are some tutorials hanging around in the forums I believe...

allan_kuan1992

did you upload to an image hosting site?

Linking images to your own computer doesn't work unless it acts as a web server as well.

- Allan Kuan

rootbears

sorry for spamming, i can't get the damn thing to work. just one of those days lol!  :D

top view away from city on airport

depot outside

747 gates

a small terminal

whaddya think,?? if they didnt come up can sum1 tell me how to upload please?
Woe betide the day theres a game without mods
Woe betide the day my game crashes
Woe betide the day any of the above happen ;D ;D

rootbears

yay i did it, i know what i did wrong now  $%Grinno$%

allan_kuan1992

Umm...

the runway's too short. In fact it's very short to the point that no large planes can land on them.

Also, there is a button to delete your previous posts (with the image errors). Consider using the edit button next time as well.

- Allan Kuan

jpj_starfleet

Here are some pics from the first terminal I have built so far for my future CJ New Dublin, This is the United Airlines Terminal also known as T1 at New Dublin International Airport.

The first pic is a United 747 inbound from Tokyo and an outbound Star Alliance partner Lufthansa 747 for Frankfort, ANA also uses this terminal for departures.

This is the Tokyo flight again with a 767 from Seattle.

Most inbound flights are connecting with the LH flight to Frankfort or this UA 777 for London, there is a 757 from San Francisco at the double end gate.

Here is a A320 in from Chicago going to the gate.

This is the commuter end of the terminal, mostly flights by Mesa.

Lastly a view of the terminal and the A concourse.

The original terminal was designed by Dannyboi888 as one big lot, I extended the building, changed it here and there and split the lot so the concourses are separate so I can change the planes whenever I want.

Thank you and....    You are now free to fly about the country  :P

feliwi

wow, fantastic airport. I love the all the textures you're using! It comes along very realistic. But I would say the terminal building itself (not the concourse) could be a bit larger! Anyway, fantastic!

RustyXL

Nice airport, where did you get the UA 777?

jpj_starfleet

RustyXl..

I got the 777's from Tabi's site, they are on a development page not on the main DL page, here is the link...
http://homepage2.nifty.com/tabinohito/newpage2.html

The lots on the left are Tabi's original and the right ones are mine redone to fit better with my airport.

I have taken all of his planes and other developers and put them on Taxiway lots so I can pick and choose for my airport, this pic is a very small example of what is available and this is not counting planes attached to air-gates!

Thank you.

TheTeaCat

Can anybody help with the pack name that contains the Aer Lingus livery as seen in lower portion of this pic. ;D

Thank you
:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

rootbears

hi theteacat, i believe you are refering to the packs by ace_bovenopdeberg .acb-vlt terminals and jets vol 1 and 2. search under airports on the simtropolis stex. they contain planes such as virgin atlantic and of course aer lingus. im not sure what a livery is so im guessing it's the  jet  :D i noticed you used my pic   ()stsfd()

-rootbears

rootbears

how did you get the on- airport roadand the curvy yellow lines (see below)

-rootbears

TheTeaCat

Quote from: rootbears on March 17, 2009, 02:00:41 PM
hi theteacat, i believe you are referring to the packs by ace_bovenopdeberg .acb-vlt terminals and jets vol 1 and 2. search under airports on the simtropolis stex. they contain planes such as Virgin Atlantic and of course Aer Lingus. I'm not sure what a livery is so I'm guessing it's the  jet  :D i noticed you used my pic   ()stsfd()-rootbears

A Livery is the paint job of the leasing/owning companies Logo/Colours the aircraft is done in. ;)

Thanks for the prompt answer :thumbsup:

TTC

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Voltaire

Neat layout... and nice re-lotting work jpj_starfleet  :thumbsup:

Anyone who likes making their own gates, can get ACAircraft in prop-packs, here on the LEX... for people interested in the aircraft BATs, but not the entire ACB-VLT Series 1 airport set.

More Aer Lingus coming soon TTC... on my airbus project starting next month  :thumbsup:

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs

WC_EEND

Quote from: rootbears on March 17, 2009, 02:08:17 PM
how did you get the on- airport roadand the curvy yellow lines (see below)

-rootbears

custom textures would be my guess
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

jpj_starfleet

Rootbears...

The curvy yellow lines are from (I Think) Ace_bovenopdeberg's "ACB VLT Terminals & Jets Series" http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?page=1&Keyword=ace%5Fbovenopdeberg&view=all
I took the tarmac roadway and just layered it on top of the 747 entrance lines (curvy lines) both are overlay textures.

Sorry for the delayed answer I just got back form Phoenix where I saw 2 pre-season baseball games and a NHL game!!  :thumbsup:

rootbears

nerdly_dood

Quote from: TheTeaCat on March 17, 2009, 02:21:57 PM
A Livery is the paint job of the leasing/owning companies Logo/Colours the aircraft is done in. ;)

Thanks for the prompt answer :thumbsup:

TTC

It was my impression that the word 'livery' is a broader term meaning the unique design or paint job that a government agency, company, etc. has on any moving vehicle, watercraft or aircraft that they operate - which could range from police cars to airliners to utility trucks to coast guard boats and pretty much everything in between.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!