• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

show us your airport!

Started by jaronamo70, December 21, 2006, 09:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tag_one

^^ Nice small airport NASCAR_Guy! Small tip: hit the "g" key before taking a picture ;)

bat

Really nice pictures of your airports there, @ all! Great work!

Une_ame

Quotehit the "g" key before taking a picture

What is the result of that ?
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

CasperVg

It makes the SimCity 4 grid dissappear  ;)
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

RustyXL

Here's a preview of an airport I've been working on recently, I'll have more pics of it tomorrow.

Une_ame

Thanks Casper for quick answer ;)!
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

j-dub

The parking lots help, but the curves/diagonal taxi ways do the trick.

pilotdaryl

RustyXL: PLANEZ!!!  Where did you get those planez?

RustyXL

pilotdaryl: I converted those planes from Flight Sim models.

Here's the rest of my airport, I hope you guys like it.

An overview of the airport:

There's a small terminal for regional airlines and private planes. Here are some close ups of the planes at that terminal:

A private 737 (BBJ) and a Fokker F28:

A Fokker 100 and a Cessna 208:

Most of the region's freight is transported by air:

There is a terminal for international flights, mostly to Europe and Asia:

And then there's the domestic terminal, with flights to most major US airports:

pilotdaryl

Converted? I see.  I do that too sometimes!
Awesome airport btw!  Very realistic!

bat

Really nice airport there, RustyXL! Great work on it.

CraigKingOfIreland

Here is Leah International Airport, from my CJ Paranor Island

Here also is a diagram of the terminal layout

bat

That's a beautiful airport there with a nice map of it! Wonderful work on it, CraigKingOfIreland! :thumbsup:

feliwi

@RustyXL: Do you know a tutorial of how to make the flight simulator files into sim city files? Or otherwise can you PM me how to do? Would be very nice!
@all:Nice airports in here!

So for now, here's an airport of mine:

Bang Thep International Airport:

So now my airport. I'll showcase some parts of Bang Thep International. I'm sorry, but I don't have an overview shot yet, so here come just some shots:

Entering the airport via highway. While driving the planes land and start over you. As well you can see some bus gates (LTU A330, Iberia A340, British Airway 767) and concourse C of terminal 2 on the pic. The plane on the runway is Emirates (A 330) waiting for take-off:

Next I'll show you the latest addition of the airport, the brand new terminal 1 with concourse A (it can handle 10 wide-bodies), used by Star Alliance and in future also by Kaibesian Airways:

Here you can see terminal 2 (handling all airlines except Star Alliance). On the right you can see concourse C, mainly used by smaller aircrafts (until a size of B 757). On the left hand you can see concourse B, especially made for wide-bodies with also one A380 gate:

Closer view to concourse B. The last two gates at the end of the concourse are handling flights with higher security, such as USA flights. That's the reason why you find United (B747) here and not at concourse A. Planes to see. Down side of concourse. A380, China Airlines (B747), JAL (B747), United (B747). Upper side: Thai Airways, Korean Air, Qatar Airways, Asiana, Phillipines, Etihad (all A330):

Shot of the left runway, showing a landing B767 of Air France and on the taxiway KLM MD-11 waiting for take-off:

Now we take a look at the other facilities of the airport:
Cargo City1 during sunset. You can see KLM Cargo (B 747F, Kaibesia Air Force (DC-10 Cargo), NCA (B 747F) and UPS (A 300) taxiing:

Cargo City 2 with DHL (A 300), Atlas Air (B 747F) and TNT (A 300):

Some airlines also have to use bus gates, such as these (ANA B747, Hainan A330 and on taxiway EVA Air A330):

The second control tower of the airport is part of the security center. There is a tunnel connecting the main teminal and entrance to the airport with the Cargo City and the General Aviation Terminal. As well you can see here the refilling unit:

Finally a hangar:

And the general aviation area (The Scheich of Bahrain visited Kaibesia using a Gulf Air A 340, as well you can see a former TWA B 767, which is used for business charter flights today:

Hope you like it!

bat

Your airport is also looking beautiful, feliwi!
Great work on it!!! :thumbsup:

gobo77

Sorry for my bad english....

tankmank

amazing airports when i get round to making mine-soon hopefully- it should be as good as yours

BMM994

I love airports!!!!

I would like to put my own airport, I'm a beginner in this game and I barley know where I can Find a good airports pack!!! ()what()

the terminal looks great, feliwi!!!  :thumbsup: &apls