• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

show us your airport!

Started by jaronamo70, December 21, 2006, 09:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fairlane500

Here's an airport from a bit of a project I'm in the middle of, it's name is Clarkston Regional Airport.

Alfred.Jones

Those are some very nice terminal pieces! Where did you get them?

Sim City 4 Devotion

bat

That Clarkston Regional Airport is looking very nice so far!!

sebes

Very nice indeed Fairline500 :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

ElPhantasmo69

The newest arrival at Princess Karina International Airport...

DJSun1981

I will show my first airport:

This is the international airport Dragonhart:

airport south:

airport middle:

airport west:

Pat

looking real good there those airports everyone!!!  &apls

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

fatboy88

How do you make those floting airplanes and how can they get on the taxiways and runways?

bradford789

ok this is just a test airport but i would like to Know what im doing right and what im doing wrong im trying to figure out what all the airport pieces do and where they go 

ok there is all the pics that i have right now the first few have signs with questions about some of the things that i have and am not sure about thank you in advance for your advice and comments

frdrcklim

Holiday Islands International Airport. (ICAO code: UHMA)

Caters to international and domestic travelers. The main airport to the nation of the United Islands of Holiday (UIH).
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

Une_ame

babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

krbe

Quote from: bradford789 on May 15, 2008, 02:11:47 PM[STUFF]

The lightpoles cannot be so close to the runway (and no other structures too); remember that they need some space to either side in case they skid off the runway (EU regulation says 300 m to each end (extra runway) and 75 m to each side, if I recall correctly). Other than that, I would have used another terminal; the SWAP ones uses automata which moves helplessly about, and it's not looking too good. If you're replacing the terminal, remember that the planes need enough room to turn when pushed out and space to the wings!

Anyway, enough with these monsters... Why not a cosy little local airport?

A 20x480 m rwy, with room for 6 aircrafts (or 17 if you really stuff it). The "terminal" holds all functions such as control, maintenance, airport office, etc.

thomil

@krbe:

LOVE that little airfield   :thumbsup:

The others are great as well.

Here's two new airports of mine, first one is actually a military facility.

Overview of Camp McKellen, formely Jelenia Intl. Airport, and built as RAF Jelenia in 1943.

Here we have a closeup of the Base Operations building and the Control Tower. The Ops Building dates from the original airfield, while the Tower was built in 1965 during the USAF tenure of the Field. The B-25 is one of the aircraft that flew from here in 1944 on anti-shipping strikes.

A close up of the flight line with USMC Ospreys and British attack helicopters. The field is now a UN facility and host to aircraft and crew of a multinational peacekeeping force.

Here comes the second one, Cape Landfall International:

First of, an overview of the Airport, with both terminals and the maintenance area clearly visible

Here we have a close up of the maintenance area. The bunker-like office building on the right side is the airport administration building.

This is the original terminal. Built in 1974, it served the airport until the opening of the new facility in 2008. Nowadays it handles Low cost airlines and charter flights.

And last but not least the new terminal, completed in 2007 and opened one year later. It is designed to handle up to 7 million passengers per year, and is equipped with customs and immigrations facilities for International flights.

pilotdaryl

Thomil, I like that new terminal!  Looks like one of those terminals at smaller airports in the USA with one concourse and a bunch of regional jets.  Both airports look great! ;D

frdrcklim

thomil, may I ask where you got those chawks.

Yep, I still got it.

thomil

@ frdrcklim (Hope I didn't miss any letters  ;) )

They're part of one of the coast guard stations available over on the STEX. I'll try to dig out the link once i find it and ST is online again.

canuck3360

actually the Coast Guard Hawks are available here on the LEX
SNM Coast Guard Rescue Station
SNM Coast Guard Cutter Station

I think the Choppers are included with them

as for the Black Choppers they're from the SS Sepsis Patrol Boat Lot

and the Osprey's are from Casper over at ST

mightygoose

thomil your setup in the first airfield really reminds me of duxford airforce base....

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

frdrcklim

Thank you. Gonna make myself an cozy air base or sumthin ;D.

Yep, I still got it.

thomil

@mightygoose

Well, I had a RAF WW2-era airfield in mind when i designed it, so its a tribute to these kinds of airfields, especially as they are quite common around the UK. And Duxford started its life as a RAF station. Speaking of which, are there any major UK airports that are NOT based on that design?  ;)

@canuck

Thanks for helping me out. I'm slowly beginning to lose track of my downloads.