• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

show us your airport!

Started by jaronamo70, December 21, 2006, 09:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwatterud

God I hate that bug.  Though I've found that if you take a raw, fullscreen pic, and make it smaller (forum size) in an image editing program, the lines become less distinct, even to the point of almost disappearing.  Unfortunately, this only works in really big changes in size. 

You can also try different filters to remove the lines. 

derwilly

first time I post in the SC4 forum!

this is the main terminal of an airport I never got to finish  :'(

Indonesia: land of smiles, home of chaos, nation of disorder. My favorite place on Earth!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66788325@N00/collections/72157600071762388/

blade2k5

Now that's a terminal!  Nice work derwilly :thumbsup:  Why couldn't you finish it?

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

derwilly

thanks! I never finished that airport and that city because I embarked in other city project I had in mind. And also because this little ugly thing called "job" that takes too much of my time...
Indonesia: land of smiles, home of chaos, nation of disorder. My favorite place on Earth!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66788325@N00/collections/72157600071762388/

bat

Welcome! And great work there on that wonderful terminal, derwilly! ;)

simsmart

First post. It's a WIP.

Airlines Serviced: SAS, Aircanada, United, Delta, Westjet, UPS, DHL, Jazz, Aeromexico, American, Fedex
Future Airlines: Airfrance, british, Virgin, Swiss
Hubs: Westjet, Air Canada, Fedex
Terminals: Terminal A (main), TerminalB (charter), TerminalC (westjet), Dreamland (Airforce), TerminalD (GA)
Landmarks: Largest transit hub (HSRP, Rail, EL Rail/people-mover, Subway). Complex underground (16 tunnels and counting)

mightygoose

welcome to sc4d, great star but if you are planning on using the entire tile for the airport maybe consider have two pairs of runways instead of a three and a standalone.... but great work...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Heblem

i like how you did that "satellital" look, inspires me in doing the same for my cities  ;)

Welcome to SC4D :thumbsup:

simsmart

Quote from: Heblem on March 28, 2008, 10:08:42 AM
i like how you did that "satellital" look, inspires me in doing the same for my cities  ;)

Welcome to SC4D :thumbsup:
It was the SFBT power plant. Something or other.

Pat

Looking real good simsmart on that satelite view, but I would recomend that you get the SMP yellow pause thingy remover from the stex as it would make that pic 100 times better..

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

Welcome to sc4d, simsmart!

And you have there a wonderful airport! :thumbsup:

suplado!

pilotdaryl

Still liking it, suplado! ;D
Historical pictures?  Historical airplanes?  This is the first!!! :P

krbe

Now, that's a lot of dishes to be 1954... $%Grinno$%

Anyway, what about NPA?

Northport International Airport, though not quite finished yet...

Since many SC sites were down yesterday, i figured it was a good time to start playing a bit again, and since I wouldn't be able to get a lot of custom content, I decided to build an airport ...not remembering that it was the airports I left out during the last download spree!

So, I began planning instead—and here are the first results:

The domestic terminal at the extreme left, with five gates directly connected. After that the Terminal link follows, with seven narrowbody mixed use gates (both domestic and international). The 14 remote gates can of course be used for both.

This is the international terminal with the three piers, from left to right: A for low cost carriers, with 24 narrow body gates (20 with airbridge), B with 23 narrowbody gates (18 with airbridge) soley for Bristol's "flag carrier" and partners (Bristol; the state which Northport is the capital of), C with 10 narrowbody gates for "other" carriers (8 with airbridge), and 6 widebody gates for all carriers and D with 5 narrowbody gates for flights to areas with passport control. Finally there are 10 remote narrowbody gates. All in all there are 80 gates, plus 24 remote gates, with a grand total of 104 gates.

An overview of the planned airport. The avenues are taxiways, and the double roads are runways.

The map of the airport. Blue denotes runway, green taxiway, red plane stands and light red apron/ramp. The runways are, from left to right, 3200 m, 2560 m, 2200 m (crosswind).

Still missing from the airport are the hangars, maintenance, fuel farms, fire stations, cargo area and the tower.

figui

woow krbe :o that's huge!

nice airports everyone :thumbsup:

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

bat

A fantastic airport there, suplado!!

Like that historical picture of that air plane, pilotdaryl!

Very good start there, krbe! :)

krbe

At last NPA got finished--or at least ready for operation. It's still some things that are missing, like parking, finishing the trian and motorway infrastructure and getting more companies to the airport of course:P

This is were you most likely arrive, if you don't want to pay those high parking fees: Regional rail and Metro shuttles pasengers to the airport every few minutes.

If you're continueing on a domestic flight you proceed to the domestic terminal; where the flag carrier Lufthansa (founded in the infancy of commerical aviation to tie the German speaking communites togheter) or Continental, which focuses mainly on business routes with its all-Boeing 737 fleet.

The "mixed use"-gate area, here a busy morning with international flights only, carried out by SAS, Delta and Atlasjet. The mixed use area is generally used for domestic flights.

The low cost carrier pier, with WestJet's Boeing 737s. Or if you're goeing to the smaller communities, both home and abroad, you might be bussed to the Avro RJ85s operated by SAS (Stanford Air Service). SAS focuses on smaller cities and shor haul regional routes with its fleet of 30 Avro RJ85s and 15 Boeing MD-90s.

International passengers travelling with full fare airlines, will use Pier A or B, where B is for the sole use of flag carrier Lufthansa and its partners (here shown with Lufthansa only). Other companies plus long haul routes are conducted from Pier A.

Lufthansa has one daily domestic wide-body departure, to the island of San Augustin.

The government of Bristol has their air base here, which consists of 8 planes in all: Two large jets (Bombardier Global Express), two small bizjets, one small bizjet used by police for surveillance, two Avro RJ85s used for surveillance by the border police and an Avro RJ85 used as a shuttle plane (passenger interior as opposed to bizjet interior).

Overview.

blade2k5

Fantastic airport suplado!  Good job :thumbsup:

And yours is very detailed krbe ;)  and big too :D  Nice work :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

bat

Very nice result there, krbe! Great work on it! :thumbsup:

sebes

Wow Krbe, what an airport, phenomenal  &apls
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN