• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - Welcome and Manual + Download

Started by RippleJet, July 31, 2007, 03:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RippleJet

Welcome to the Colossus Addon Mod (CAM)!

The CAM manual is attached to this post.
It is also included in the CAM 1.0 available at BSC LEX:

Note that you have to register separately at the BSC LEX before you can access the downloads.

Whenever minor additions and/or corrections are made, they will be updated here first, so that you can redownload the manual without having to reinstall the CAM.

For our Japanese players, MAS71 has the complete manual and much more available online:
  http://wiki.livedoor.jp/masahiromirai/d/Colossus%20Addon%20Mod%20%28CAM%29

For our Spanish speaking players, Heblem has a compiled a thorough explanation of the CAM in Capital Simcity:
  http://foro.capitalsim.net/viewtopic.php?p=151412#151412

Everything is not covered in the manual, but please read it first, before asking. ::)
If you have questions after reading it, then please do so in the CAM - General Discussions thread. 
We will do our best to give further explanations... &idea

Edit: Here is a link to the fix for the CAM workforce duplication bug

RippleJet

The CAM download includes a short Installation Readme, which is available in four languages:

GermanCAM 1.0 ReadMe-1031.htm
EnglishCAM 1.0 ReadMe-1033.htm
Japanese  CAM 1.0 ReadMe-1041.htm
SwedishCAM 1.0 ReadMe-1053.htm

Those were the only languages we managed to get translated in time for the release.

For those wanting an introduction in another language, take a look at the following posts:

FinnishThe whole Installation Readme
FrenchThe whole Installation Readme
Spanish    A short introduction

Andreas

And if you're wondering about those strange numbers in the filenames: Those are language codes, that will be used by the installer script to place a link to the proper language file into the start menu if you have a German, Japanese etc. version of Windows. :)
Andreas

SiR_VaIlHoR

I cant download the CAM, there no link to download it on your page...the http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1008 does absolutly nothing...where i can DL it please.

RippleJet

You need to register at the BSC LEX before you can access any files in there.

Go to this page in order to register.

SiR_VaIlHoR

gmavignier

I could translate the manual to Portuguese (Brazil) if there was a need for it.

RippleJet

Quote from: gmavignier on August 08, 2007, 08:21:06 AM
I could translate the manual to Portuguese (Brazil) if there was a need for it.

That would be highly appreciated, gmavignier! :thumbsup:

Romaq

Reading over the manual, page 7:

"E.g. in the example above you could have border crossings between A and B, as well as between C and D, but not between B and C nor between D and A in those cases."

1) It sounds as if ferry transit would be subject to this problem as well, and even more that you can't direct ferry traffic north/south only as opposedd to east-west without denying adjacent ferries in that direction a ferry terminal.

2) Would 'freight only' transit tiles be sufficent to allow the APPEARANCE of cities A, B, C and D without Eternal Commuters?

My apologies if this info is to be found elsewhere, and you are invited to move my message if it is not appropriate here. I wasn't sure where to ask the questions. When I started this post I was going to ask for a pattern that works on a larger scale, but then I felt 'transit only' bars could be placed to break circles, and the only real pattern you need is 'don't make circles'. Ferries and 'no non-freight' puzzle pieces might be mentioned in the manual as offering solutions that save the appearance without the Eternal Commuter effect.

High5Tower

Last December when I finally took the plunge and started using custom content I set up freeway circles at all the four corner junctions of the cities. My goal was since this region is my testing area to try getting these eternal commuters at least out of my way while I am having fun with the new buildings and such. All the cities have developed well and I have no significant red transportation lines. Its true though these sim love to go in circles if you let them. When I start my Cam region I am thinking about doing the same thing just to see how sims respond with very large population numbers. To try and keep all car and bus traffic totally away from all corners for an enitire region is a lot of work, I know because I have tried it.

RippleJet

Quote from: Romaq on August 11, 2007, 11:14:07 PM
1) It sounds as if ferry transit would be subject to this problem as well, and even more that you can't direct ferry traffic north/south only as opposedd to east-west without denying adjacent ferries in that direction a ferry terminal.

That's a very interesting note. In other words, you would want to avoid having ferrry terminals close to the corners of a map. ;)

Quote from: Romaq on August 11, 2007, 11:14:07 PM
2) Would 'freight only' transit tiles be sufficent to allow the APPEARANCE of cities A, B, C and D without Eternal Commuters?

Yes, that is exactly the way I lay out my cities, having freight rails crossing close to the corners.
Freight only moves up to the border crossing, it won't appear as incoming traffic in the neighbouring city.

Heblem

i have made a small explanation about CAM in spanish site of CSC:

http://foro.capitalsim.net/viewtopic.php?p=151412#151412
hope this useful  ;)

edit: correct me if im wrong in that site  ;D

RippleJet

That's not just small, Heblem! &apls
I'll add the link to your excellent explanation to the others on top. :)

Heblem

Many thanks also I have added a special thanks to you  ;) and the incompatible mods...  ;D

RippleJet

Quote from: Heblem on August 23, 2007, 12:09:33 AM
and the incompatible mods...  ;D

:)

The pictures from LEX are not available from CSC, since the LEX cannot check that you're logged in when accessing the pics.
You might want to host these pics somewhere else ;)

hasbit3

I can't download the file because either my login is invalid, my login is invalid or my login is invalid.

RippleJet

hasbit3

RippleJet

Did you see this part in my first post: ()what()

Note that you have to register separately at the BSC LEX before you can access the downloads.

You need to register separately for the BSC LEX. It's not the same as the SC4Devotion Forums.

hasbit3

I registered, but when I clicked on the activation link, it said an error message.