• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - Welcome and Manual + Download

Started by RippleJet, July 31, 2007, 03:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vortext

As far as I know there isn't an official patch for the double workforce bug yet, like Jim alluded to. However, if you follow the steps described here the bug will be fixed!
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

H2Odk

Quote from: vortext on February 06, 2013, 05:07:17 AM
As far as I know there isn't an official patch for the double workforce bug yet, like Jim alluded to. However, if you follow the steps described here the bug will be fixed!

Thanks... I really don't understand why that isn't pinned or linked in the first post.. it is somewhat essential for a install.

Diggis

Quote from: H2Odk on February 06, 2013, 06:11:44 AM
Quote from: vortext on February 06, 2013, 05:07:17 AM

Thanks... I really don't understand why that isn't pinned or linked in the first post.. it is somewhat essential for a install.

I agree. Stickied and I'll add a link in the opening post.

eumenides

Hi !

Thanks for the great mod - however I've got a problem, I downloaded your recomended .lot pack + the grafik packs but I still get alot of brown boxes ... am I doing anything wrong?
I just used the installer and the default path ...

edit : I checked the brown box files but the lot (for example the NVIDIA one, is not there)

Sol.Invictus.7k

Hey everyone, i'm glad to be a part of this awesome site, i love sc4 and i wish to add a little more life to it, i've already installed the NAM mod, and now i wanted to install the CAM, but there seems to be a problem, or maybe i missed something, as you can see i logged in successfully and was able to leave this reply, but when i go to download the CAM windows installer the site doesn't recognize my username and password.
Is the download mirror a third-party website where i got to make an account as well?
I'm sorry to ask such a dumb question, but i seriously can't seem to understand why the site won't let me download the file.

Best regards to all.

Edit : I read the Lex carefully and created an account, already downloaded. ;)

Themistokles

Glad you found a solution, Sol.Invictus.7k, and welcome to the site! :) I'm also relatively new to the site and there is just so much to find and explore with mods.
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

instilation00

I really need some help here. Ever since I installed CAM, as well as many building mods, there is one thing that never happens...The Commercial Zone NEVER builds anything!!! It might build one or two building, and that is it, nothing more. Also, I have the BSC No Maxic mod as well. Please help!!!

HappyDays

As you blocked the Maxis buildings from growing, you probably lack for buildings to fill stages 1-8 and you haven't reached the population limits where skyscrapers grow like weeds.

instilation00

HappyDays

The quickest way would be to remove the Maxis blocker :P. However, the LEX contains most everything you need or want, you'll just be doing a lot of downloading. Just start going after the different categories: Residential, commercial, industrial and you'll begin forming an idea of what you want out of this.

instilation00

Any links you could give me? I have been modding the game for the last 3 days and this is the last thing I need.

joshua43214

Quote from: instilation00 on February 03, 2015, 02:29:14 PM
Any links you could give me? I have been modding the game for the last 3 days and this is the last thing I need.

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_search_00.php

Just go to the LEX, select Power Search from the Search drop down. In the LEX category field, select the type of CAM buildings you want and start downloading.

Be very careful and meticulous. Make sure you use the Cleanitol files, and make sure you read the Readmes to make sure there are not additional steps after the installer.

I concur the best thing is to get rid of the Maxis blocker. There are some very nice Maxis buildings, and once you have enough other bats installed it is not too much hassle to bulldoze the bad ones when they pop up.

HappyDays

A bit unrelated, but I really like most Maxis buildings/lots. The majority of models are highly detailed, scaling is close enough to not be noticeable most of the time, and to this day there are a few occupant groups that would have no/few lots for certain sizes without including the Maxis ones.

I'd say the biggest problem, with CAM, is the way Maxis did stage 8. You have some buildings in stage 8 that should be much higher, others that should be stage 7. While RippleJet and others did alter these stages, they did so without severing the small buildings from the group so it can turn into a bit of a mess.

Rady

Well, not sure if this thread is still alive? But it ssems to be the official CAM thread. I just downloaded CAM and tried to install the "CAM standard". However when it comes to the point where "SimCity_1" should be DatPacked, I just receive an error ("Errors occured - see ".../SC4DatPacker.exe.log for details"), and this logfile states:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "datPacker.py", line 1, in ?
  File "datPackerApp.pyo", line 1, in ?
  File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ?
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
  File "wx\_core_.pyo", line 12, in ?
  File "wx\_core_.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "datPacker.py", line 1, in ?
  File "datPackerApp.pyo", line 1, in ?
  File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ?
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
  File "wx\_core_.pyo", line 12, in ?
  File "wx\_core_.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.

I'm running Win10 ..

Thanks

If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

xxdita

I take it you're trying to install CAM 2,1? Try installing the dll dependencies for DatPacker, then run the installer again.

The dependencies for DatPacker are available via link by clicking the Dependency button on that download page.

Rady

Well, yes, indeed, the first problem was the dll thing of the Datpacker itself. Shame on me.  :facepalm:

However, even though the DatPacker now runs fine when started independently, it cannot be called by the CAM installer, I receive the same error message. To come around this, I maually packed the resulting SimCity_1 directory.

But now, after finishing the install, the installer tells me: "Installatoin finished. Uninstalling" - and then moves on and uses the Cleanitol to remove some filed from the plugins directory.

So I've deleted all CAM directories in the plugins folder and started over. At the point of the failed call of the DatPacker, I have the following files in my plugin folder:

/SimCity_1/SimCity_1.dat
/SimCity_1/z_CAM_2.1.0_Stand_Permanent Merge.dat

For these, I do the manual DatPacking, which gives me the following within the Plugins folder:

Plugins_Compressed/SimCity_1.dat
/SimCity_1/SimCity_1.dat
/SimCity_1/z_CAM_2.1.0_Stand_Permanent Merge.dat
/a_CAM

The installer tells me to not forget to merge the files .. well, done that already. Now here comes the weird message box: "CAM has been installed. Uninstalling."  ()what() ()what()

Now it starts the Cleanitol and whoops there goes my compressed SimCity_1.dat.

FInal message is: "You have sucessfully installed CAM 2.0". Well, kind of ...  :D

However, my final question is: are the compressed SimCity_1.dat and the a_CAM the only files necessary for CAM to work? In that case ican just copy it back and remove the uncompressed ones.

Thanks
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

xxdita

If you're manually installing, then you should leave the installer alone. Exit out of it, if you have to.

I didn't follow the directions precisely for my own install of CAM 2.1, as I have extra stuff datpacked into SC1.dat. But if you're doing a manual install, then I would recommend downloading the MAC version, so that you have all the different playstyles to choose from, as you please.

But yes, you should only need the DatPacked SimCity_1.dat and at least one playstyle in your a_CAM folder. In that a_CAM folder, you should have 2 subfolders: a_Core, with the CAM Main Controller and the playstyle you choose, and Core Maxis Buildings, which will have in it CAM_2.1.0_Buildings.dat.

xxdita

You should be able to find any files removed by Cleanitol in your Documents\SimCity 4\BSC_Cleanitol folder, in a subfolder with the proper date.

If you see anything in that folder that you'd like to use with CAM, then I can take a look at it to see what sort of compatibility issues there may be.