• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Is this possible?

Started by Will12, January 24, 2012, 09:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will12

Can a double decked OWR puzzle piece be made? Obviously the paths will be opposite ways. Could a L0 and L2 piece be made in

• Straight
  • bottom (on ground deck) curve 90 top deck straight
  • top deck curve 90 bottom straight
Obviously to connect the top deck to ground you use the el OWR ramp. These would be particularly useful for building airport terminals. L0 could be arrivals and L2 could be departures.
I would be happy to help as these are model based. I don't know but would it just be as easy as getting the 1x1 texture straight and curve textures for OWR and simply putting the el OWR model ontop?
Thanks Will12(Billy)

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Will12 on January 24, 2012, 09:25:32 PM
Can a double decked OWR puzzle piece be made? Obviously the paths will be opposite ways.

Simply put, no.

- You would need to find a network that has twice the capacity as OWR to maintain its capacity, and no such network exists.
- You're requesting a piece that essentially has very limited usage, both in-game and in real-life.
- You still would need to modify the pillar models anyway, on top of copying an existing model.
- And no, not even the DIPs (pathing trick that increases network capacity) would be enough.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Will12

Main problem capacity right?
What about making the paths and textures OWR-1 each deck? Will a OWR be good for capacity.
With models if I can make one myself or get one could this work?

GDO29Anagram

The thing is that it's not impossible; You could make the piece and have it fail in functionality and capacity and essentially be useless, but you'd have it.

The thing is that it's not worth making when there are other things that are higher priority. If it isn't practical, usable, realistic, or possible, it's never gonna be added.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Will12

Thanks GDO29Anagram for your time. Moderators can now lock this thread.