• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

T-RAM

Started by Chrisim, November 23, 2008, 01:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metarvo

I always suspected that the Tram-on-Road might be our first taste of the MAVE-4.  Of course, the Tram-on-Road only has four lanes visually, but it is still a step in the right direction.  I have started playing around with the new NAM pieces, and I really do like the work that has been done so far.  They look like they would work very well for dense downtown areas.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Tarkus

Well, what I actually have pictured there is not the MAVE-4, but rather, something called an NMAVE.  (NMAVE=Narrow Medianless Avenue)  It's actually 1 tile wide, just like the Tram-in-Road pieces, made by popular demand.  The plain MAVE-4 is still planned as well.  The RULs, fortunately, copy over nicely from the other NWM networks in most situations.

Enough of that off-topic diversion, though . . . I don't want to hijack Chris' thread. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

j-dub

The Tram-On-Road introduces us into alot more concepts. The 4 lanes may be visual for the tram on road, but cars Will use the lanes down the middle that the tram shares. The route query will show you cars hoping into the lanes based off which side the lot is. All I know is cars and trams will share the center in my game.

remanh

I don't know much about the inner workings of SC4, but is there any way to rewrite a file to determine capacity by lane, instead of by tile?
EDIT: Swamper, thanks for noticing the error.

Swamper77

Quote from: remanh on January 22, 2009, 06:16:23 PM
I don't know much about the inner workings of SC4, but is there any way to rewrite a file to determine capacity by lane, instead of by tile?

To do so would require modifying the EXE, which is illegal according to EA's EULA. Sorry, but we have to work with what we have unless EA grants us permission to modify the EXE.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

dgidge

HI everybody ! EXcuse me to ask that (maybe someone ask that before), but is it possible to have a tutorial to retexturing the nam pieces (GLR in avenue) with sandstone or an other texture (if it's possible, of course)...

I don't know if I posted on the good place, thank you to tell me if I'm wrong (I don't speak very well english)

j-dub

Well, in this case it sounds like you want to redo the textures under the T-RAM with the sandstone variation? You could ask Chrisim how to do it.

Chrisim

Quote from: dgidge on January 30, 2009, 03:23:15 AM
HI everybody ! EXcuse me to ask that (maybe someone ask that before), but is it possible to have a tutorial to retexturing the nam pieces (GLR in avenue) with sandstone or an other texture (if it's possible, of course)...

I don't know if I posted on the good place, thank you to tell me if I'm wrong (I don't speak very well english)
Since you are from Switzerland, maybe you speak German and can use the Simforum - tutorial  [NAM] Kurzanleitungen zum Testen selbst neuerstellter Verkehrstexturen im Spiel ?

dgidge

YA, Ich spreche ein bischen Deutch  ;D Ich Wohne in Genf. I will see his post, thank you a lot.

edit : ICh habe Vista, not XP :'(

I'm working for new pieces for the tram,
it possible to see my work here ( in french) http://www.toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=526119&page=9

JoeST

dgidge: those pieces are really looking very nice, thanks :)
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

dgidge

Thank you ! But I have some problems with the automatas (they move right on, don't turn (because it is not possible to do a 90° withe the el train inside the lot). So they "die" on the end of the lot, front of where they entered, and they "plane" 8 metres out the lot (because el train, again.)

I'm sorry for my english... ::)

JoeST

hey dgidge, Jonathan (Warior) has offered to custom path them, but he needs to know the depth of the pieces.

Joe

EDIT: infact, it would probably be better if you could pass him the gmax models so he can path the correct curve too, and with your permission be converted for other networks for use by FLUP's, that would be great :)
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

dgidge

Yes, thank you, again.

I wrote him 2 min. ago.  ;)

I can't do something still this evening (sunday, switzerland) because I'm not at home.

j-dub

QuoteMoreover, please remember that connections to neighbour cities cannot be made with puzzle pieces, only with draggable networks. As a result, Tram in Avenue, Tram in Road and Tram on Road cannot be used to make direct connections to neighbour cities. The only solution to this problem is separating the tram tracks from the road/avenue and dragging the connections individually.
At least I got Tram in Road can do neighbor connections.

This is modded so well, that whomever made it didn't know this is actually possible. This is all from the current T-RAM, puzzle piece neighbor connection!
How? You drag an El-Rail to the edge of your city tile, and then you plop the T-RAM pieces over the El-Rail, right under the arrow too, and the paths get overridden that a connection stabilizes to allow car, and all that other traffic pictured to move on to the next tile. (it worked for me anyway, but you probably wanted to do it initially)

(now I know there are no vehicles in this picture, but I had to pause traffic so the proof could be obvious)

SimNation

I hate to say it....but I like T-Ram more then GLR  :P ...even though T-Ram is just GLR in road  ;D Great job J-Dub showing that you  can have neighborhood connections with it. Did you try this with the avenue pieces as well? Once stations come out for T-Ram my cities can be full of T-Ram  without me having to worry about any extra space being taken up. Which is the reason I like T-Ram over GLR  ;)

TEG24601

I was curious if we could get GLR-in-Road crossing a Railroad.  It is a pain to pull the GLR out to cross the rail.

TEG

Jonathan

TEG, yes that's possible, just textures need to be made.

You could use the rail over GLR-in-road(as shown in j-dub's picture) sure it will not look right but it will save you pulling the GLR out. And it would be funtional.

Jonathan

j-dub

SimNation, for the Avenue in GLR I would try drawing two parallel El-Rail lines to the edge of your city, and after they have connecting arrows, put a avenue in glr piece over them.

dgidge

I tried by myself in my city few weeks ago, but, with glr in avenue puzzle pieces, I'm not sure that it's working  with cars, buses and trucks... I didn't see any trafic arrows (exept GLR) trought the cities

Schleicher68

Quote from: j-dub on February 11, 2009, 10:34:54 PM
SimNation, for the Avenue in GLR I would try drawing two parallel El-Rail lines to the edge of your city, and after they have connecting arrows, put a avenue in glr piece over them.

You can't build an connection with GLR in avenue pieces. Also not, if you put on a avenue connection to neighbour. This is modify one-way. One-way don't have neighbour connection.  $%Grinno$%
Tram-in-road or tram-on-road put on GLR connection is a way to neighbour. I mean you are able to do with road connection and put on these pieces. It's modify road. I haven't test with road.
GLR connection modulate in tram-in-road connection I have a functionally connection also to.  ;)
I will see to make a movie in the future to give some information's the user to build neighbour connections with tram-in/on-road.

@dgidge

Deine Rampen sehen sehr gut aus. Soll die Tram im Untergrund als U-Bahn weitergeführt werden oder wird es ähnlich wie bei den FLUP's Untergrundtramteile bzw. ähnlich der U-Eisenbahn?
Leider konnte ich den französischen Text nicht verstehen! Ansonsten super Arbeit!  :thumbsup: Die Ansätze sind gut. Weiter so!  ;)

Our next enterprises

preview