• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Rest in peace Geoff!

Started by RippleJet, November 06, 2018, 02:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RippleJet

I haven't posted for quite a while, and it's not with a delightful post I'm returning today.
Geoff Hawksworth (commonly known as our Texture Guru Geoffhaw) passed away this Saturday at his home in Coventry.
Since he lived alone, for now, they can only suspect that he had a massive heart attack.

Even if neither him nor me have been active with SC4 lately, I've kept on seeing him at least 2-3 times every year.
We shared the birthday, he was exactly two years older than me, and the last time I saw him was in August this year, shortly before our birthday, when he visited Åland for the umptieth time. We also spent 2 weeks together this summer travelling by car through Europe, from Riga to Amsterdam.

Only last week we were still planning where to go and what to see in the UK early next summer.
I will dearly miss him and will never really understand that he's gone.

Missing you, Geoff!  :'(

/Tage

b22rian

Tage man :(

this is such sad and tragic news that you must share with us...

My heart goes out to you with the loss of such a good friend of yours

And the entire community will mourn Geoff's loss...

My most heart felt thoughts go out to both you and Geoff's entire family...

Sincerely , Brian

Andreas

This is very sad alright, R. I. P. Geoff! I've been wondering about his absence lately, as he's been always around for handing out new texture ranges, even though is active time on this site was a thing of the past already since quite a while. My sincerest condolences go out to his family and friends!
Andreas

mrbisonm

This is very very sad to hear, another one of us SC4 Veterans has left. I didn't really have much of a private contact with him, but I always enjoyed his posts and works for Simcity4. Does anyone know how old he was? I think that he was younger than me (1952), and that's too early to cross the line....
All my sympathies to the family and friends.
Rest in Peace ol' SC Buddy.

:(

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

mattb325

I'm so sorry to hear this news, Tage. This is very sad and my heartfelt condolences to his family and his friends. RIP Geoff.

art128

Very sad news. My condolences to his family.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

metarvo

I will miss Geoff for sure.  It felt like he was always there; I was amazed at how quickly he always responded when someone requested a range.  I wish for only the best for his family and friends.  RIP Geoff!

:(
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

vester

Sad to hear that Geoff not longer with us. My condolences to his family and friends.

Tarkus

Geoff was really one of the cornerstones of this community.  I always had a tremendous amount of admiration for his incredible dedication to keeping the texture index going, uninterrupted and all by himself, for 13 years.  He was one of us "lifers" in the SC4 world, and his presence here at SC4D and the broader SC4 community will be truly missed.  My deepest sympathies to his family and friends (and particularly to you, Tage, since I know you were quite close).

-Alex

Simmer2

I never met Geoff, in any capacity but I have heard of his accomplishments for the community.

Its always sad to hear about someone passing, especially when it is someone that was very well known within a circle of friends.

My sincere condolences to the family and friends.

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

paddy0174

RIP Geoff, and my condolences to his family and his friends, like you Tage!

Reminds me, I'm not getting younger. I find it hard to believe, that people go that soon...
Back to the game after nine years - and everyday I find something totally new! :)

catty

very sorry to hear this sad news   :(
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Odainsaker

Tragic news and my condolences to all his loved ones, family, and friends.
Rest in peace, Geoff.

AsimPika3172

I loves Sim City forever!

Haljackey

Tragic news about Geoff.. :(

While this is terrible news, I really do appreciate you stopping by and sharing it with the community. You take care Tage, know we are here to grieve alongside you.

Tyberius06

Sad news indeed. I joined to the community relatively late, after most of the "legends" active time, so I've never met with him, but his nanem is familiar from here and there.
Rest in peace! :(

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

fantozzi

My condolences.

I guess, as long as this community exists, Geoff will exist. He will exist in between the lines and posts, the pictures and arguments. In our memories, in the remaining blithesomeness and friendlyness amongst us. I guess, death has to take all of us before he can be really shure to have taken one of us.

Rest in peace, here too, with your tired head in the bosom of the community.

JP Schriefer

Very sad news, may he rest in peace.