• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Adjusting transit textures for use in BATs

Started by vester, January 14, 2016, 07:23:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vester

Was wondering if anyone could help me on how to adjust transit texture, if you need to in coperate them into bats ?

Been trying a quite a few google search to find this.

noahclem

Willy's method from here in the private board is what I always use. I always forget it too so I keep having to go back :D  This is the process for converting a model-based texture to a texture-based regular one:

(note: this for the GIMP ~Willy)

gamma ("levels"): 1.20
saturation: +15
contrast: +10

Too take a transit texture to model coloring you'd do the reverse of the steps in the reverse order.

contrast: -10
saturation: -15
gamma ("levels"): 0.80

I've wondered if the gamma should be 0.83 to be the same percent difference though I think the difference is hard to see. I have a number of minor but noticeable irregularities in my texture project caused by doing the reverse of the steps but not reversing the order which I will definitely avoid doing in the future.

Hope this works well for you :)

Swordmaster

Some more info: lot textures have different group IDs than transit textures. 0x0986135e for lots, 0x1abe787d for transit textures.

Cheers
Willy

mgb204

To adjust between Lot and Transit textures, there are a few methods you can use. I have curves for Gimp or Photoshop I could send you? Additionally GoFSH has the option to batch-change textures though a built-in utility (you'll need one of the pre-release versions, but Ron (Rivit) could provide you with access.

However, if you are intending to apply the textures onto a BATed model, then you are going to need completely different settings. I don't have any, I wing it mostly. Girafe knows how to do this for 3DS max, perhaps you could try asking him?

I would be remiss if I didn't ask you to try not to included BATed textures into models. It's much better when it can be avoided, otherwise content is impossible to update should these textures be modified in future or when users install mods that change them.

vester

Its not so much over ground, but as part of the foundation. Its an attempt to make a warehouse a bit slope friendly connection to some rails.

mgb204

I know for some jobs it's necessary/significantly less work. I won't hold it against you :)