• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tarkusian Cities (Update 107-08/23/2020-West Chemeketa Reconfig, Part 1)

Started by Tarkus, June 17, 2007, 08:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unassigned

Great that you show the construction sites, let us follow the process in that reconfiguration project.

Oh, and "Wakeman" is surely not named for an element but for teh keyboard virtuoso.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Quesh

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

threestooges

Alex,
Spiffy little redesign you've done there. If you have the time, I'd like to see a finsihed pic of the area (when it's finished of course). Also, where'd the police station get relocated to? Great maps, and great work Armadilloman.
-Matt

thundercrack83

Congratulations on making it to the Classics, Alex!

Finally, your work is where it belongs!

Dustin

dedgren

I've been sitting here since shortly after Joan posted to see who would wind up with the 500th comment on TC- congrats to Unassigned, who will now leave some poor Sim residing on "Unassigned Drive," or some such.

Tarkusian Cities never fails to amaze us, Alex, with your imaginative and quite realistic account of various suburban road and highway improvements.  You've made great use of those few "under construction" lots and props that are out there- despite the fact that I know that, I never get a sense of "I've seen this before."  RL Transportation improvement projects always get my attention- they are way too few and far between these days.  The ones in TC help fill that space.

Nice way to move out of a month of OSITM- into the Classics, and who knows where to after that.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

EDGE4194

&apls another great update alex- your contruction projects are always fascinating to follow. can't wait to see what TDOT will improve next.

bakerton

Alex, You may have inspired me on some projects of my own. What a great job with everything. Keep it coming amigo. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

thundercrack83

Alex, You may have inspired me on some projects of my own.

I could not agree with this statement more. Every time I come here, I am inspired to not only play the game, but to think about how to play the game and to me, that is a great thing!

As I said earlier, your MD has not found it's home where the work inside always should have been, my friend! You've got something special here, Alex!

Take care,

Dustin

paroch

Welcome to the Classics Tarkus.  I know I'm not a regular poster here, but now we're on the same page I'll be popping in more often (the older I get the more stuck in my habits I become ::) )

Great last update there.  It's interesting to see your thought process with regards that new road there.

allan_kuan1992

Quote from: dedgren on August 01, 2008, 02:02:23 PM
...congrats to Unassigned, who will now leave some poor Sim residing on "Unassigned Drive," or some such.

lol... reminds me of SA's joke when he had the Savannah MD at Simtropolis:

Quote from: Shadow Assassin
Narrator: The next stage of Odgen Veremunde's journey is in Nowhere. A town with just under 30,000 people, the town is an ideal place to stay for a few days - in fact, much of the population is made up of people who fell for the charm of the region's only lake - Nowhere's primary claim to fame, despite much confusion when people ask where the lake in question is. For example:
- Tourist: Do you know where the lake is?
- Local: Nowhere.
- Tourist: Where?
- Local: It's in Nowhere, damnit!
- Tourist: And where's Nowhere?
- Local: Follow the signs.
- Tourist: But I might end up in a dead end or something. It leads nowhere, for God's sake!
- Local: GAH! YOU DIE! *stab stab*
(*DISCLAIMER: This situation is merely hypothetical. It is not meant to be tried out at home. However, if you wish to, it would be recommended to use a plastic knife.)

:D :P

Anyway, tarkus... I'm still worried that your citizens are getting pushed around a lot. $%Grinno$% Nice work though. :thumbsup:

- Allan Kuan

Tarkus

Hi everyone-

Tarkusian Cities is finally back with a brand-new region, which will, as you can probably guess, has some construction projects under way.  We'll get back to Argentum and the Highway 261 project in a little bit.

LOS ENDOS: An Overview

Current Population: 36,000

Map

Aerial image, facing north

Downtown Los Endos, at the corner of 0th Street and Unassigned Way, with a glimpse of the parking lot for Delos Community College. (facing north)
(You may have seen this one if you were following the Pic Competition)

[img]http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/1348/losendos08142008vk2.jpg[/img]

0th Street is the main north-south arterial through downtown. 

The cardinal directions attached to the street names indicate whether a street is East or West of 0th. 

The north-south routes east of 0th are further numbered streets (1st Street, 2nd Street, etc.) while those west begin with letter names (A Street, B Street, etc.) . . . until they run out of letters (which hasn't happened yet).  East-west streets are just named. 

There also was a somewhat humorous attempt by a couple of city council members to get TDOT to assign highway status to Unassigned and part of 0th, as Highway 404.  TDOT, being the no nonsense folks that they are, though, rebuffed the idea, largely on the ground that the route didn't really add anything significant to the state route system.  This decision was met with little enthusiasm by the citizenry.

The south edge of town is dominated largely by agricultural uses. This is along E Gallatin Road.  (facing north)

The high-tech area and community library, at the corner of E 15th (Highway 33) Milvedo Drive. (facing west)

This is along Los Endos Boulevard, near 8th Street, by the Wal-Mart and power substation. (facing west)

Residential area just north of Unassigned Drive (facing north)

And now a few shots along Highway 33 in its various guises.

This is the intersection of 11th and Los Endos, currently one of the busiest intersections in town (facing west)

Here is where 11th curves over and turns into Essex Drive (facing west)

The second sharp curve, off Essex onto 15th Street, by the water tower agglomeration and the elementary school (facing west).  As you can probably guess, this isn't exactly the safest roadway . . . the speed limit here only ranges between a paltry 25-30mph (40-50 km/h, for you metric folks)

Highway 33/15th Street actually intersects Highway 94 (the Desert Lakes Highway) with an at-grade intersection. (facing north) 94's intersections are all at-grade at the moment, though that may potentially be changing.  33 becomes the Crater Highway on the other side, and provides access to Hephaestus National Park.

As you could probably tell in the overview and the map, there were two things going on: Highway 33 currently has a rather circuitous, unsafe route through Los Endos, and TDOT has started work on a realignment.  We'll be seeing the work on that re-alignment next time--and replies, too. I can't thank you all enough for all of your support here--I'm absolutely honored and overwhelmed to be here in the Classics section.

-Alex

deathtopumpkins

Wow, a new region!

Nice shots of the TLA-3 and new 2x2 smooth curves in action, and are those t21'd stop signs I see at the highway intersection?

I'm sure 33 won't stay that circuitous for very long though, with TDOT working on it.

Anyway, can't wait to see how you set up the construction projects, and welcome to the Classics! (Don't believe I said it yet being #498 last time...)
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Simpson

Hey Tarkus,
Your new update is very good I love it, your city is looking very very good  &apls
The fields are very réalistic lol and your RHW is incredible
I'm looking forward to the next update my friend  :)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

MandelSoft

First updat after three weeks... And it's worth waiting! I see some unreleased stuff there (A RHW bridge, Smaller smooth curves, TLA-3). Can't wait to get those  ;D. Beside that, I like your city layout. Keep it up!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

allan_kuan1992

Ah... there's Unassigned Way...  :D

Great work so far, except I fear I see two inevitable demolitions and maybe some more with the new highway 33 alignment... even though the city is already new... $%Grinno$%

- Allan Kuan

Haljackey

A new Tarkusian City? Wow, I'm impressed!   :thumbsup:

Excellent use of all the new NAM "goodies"!  The way you have place them has resulted in a very creative layout for Los Endos.  I also like your extensive use of the 3-laned road (TLA, right?). 

Anyways great work as always and I will be back for more!

Best,
-Haljackey

Jmouse

Very enjoyable update, Alex! It's a pleasure to take a nice tour of Los Endos before construction begins. My favorites are the Ag areas and neighborhoods. I got my fill of big-city life after 45 years in Houston, so give me fresh air and wide-open spaces! Just wondering what an at-grade intersection is, though. Guess I need to start visiting the NAM thread more often!

Anyway, it all looks good but I find myself kind of anxious to see what changes the DOT has in store for us!

Later...
Joan

BigSlark

Alex,

Its been awhile since I've posted, but great work as I've come to expect from you! I love your use of all those neat new network toys that you've been working on.

Keep up the great work.

Cheers,
Kevin

CasperVg

I'm away for two weeks and you show off another beautiful city. It's always fun to see the new developments for the NAM, some wonderful teaser (and do I see T21'ed stop signs on the road-RHW at-grade intersection...?)  ::)
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube