• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Devotion bugs and technical issues...

Started by jeronij, November 05, 2006, 05:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LE0

OK Well I am having problems where I am logged in on the forums, but on the main page (not the forums main page, the main main page), it says Welcome guest, but I show up in the users online at the bottom. And now that guests cant see much, I cant see all the latest replies? ()what()

Can someone please help?
Leoland coming Spring 2009

deathtopumpkins

What browser are you using? It was like that for me on IE7, and then I switched to Firefox 3 and that stopped happening.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

LE0

Leoland coming Spring 2009

JoeST

it doesnt work because the main page is at www. but the forum only lets you log into the site without www. and the cookies dont map over
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Jonathan

So that's why I've been logged out on the forum board index, when I click on one icon and not the other, thanks Joe  :thumbsup:
Can that be changed by any chance?

Jonathan

JoeST

yeah, if Jeroni could add a .htaccess file to the homepage (and maybe the LEX) that force redirects to the www-less page, as the forum probably has it quite "embedded" in the settings files.

Joe

preckie

i'm also using Firefox. I can't download the NAM because of the login problems with the www.

Duncan Belfast

The image should represent the cycle of problems I keep experiencing.
Basically, I register on the exchange hoping to download the LEX. I fill out the form and wait for the e-mail. Compared  to the wait time for the forum activation e-mail, the wait seemed a bit long. Thinking I may have done something wrong, I fill out the form again with a different name (same address) and wait for the e-mail. I check my inbox in the morning to find my 2 e-mails. I click on the activation link (for the exchange). I don't remember if it acknowledged my activation the first time, but here's where the chart comes in.

I click to log into the exchange, and I get an error message saying my account isn't active and to check my e-mail (see the left part of the diagram). I open my e-mail and click on the link (see top), only to get the error message that "user already active" (see right) (does this mean it's already logged in?). So I figure I can finally log into the exchange. When I try, I get the error saying my account isn't active, check your e-mail ???

I have the exact same cyclic problem with the other account I tried. (I'm using Safari by the way.)

On the verge of rioting, I need help!

jeronij

the link starts in "http:" and ends in "eab21"  . Pls, copy and paste it in your browser's address field, instead clicling on it. It should work that way  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Duncan Belfast

Half the link was missing, no wonder it wasn't working :-[
The arrow's even pointing to the part I missed...

Working fine now. Thank you very much ;D

JoeST

It is due to the fact that categories can not be hidden.

Splime

Is it just me, or are the text and images smaller? It doesn't happen on any other sites for me, though it doesn't happen on IE, only Firefox 3. Anyone have an idea of what the issue is?

Pat

Quote from: Jonathan on May 06, 2009, 08:55:50 AM
I now get a blue category bar at the top of the forum called SC4D Admin although there are no boards in it?

Jonathan

OK I thought I was nuts as I am seeing that now across all three Browers I use...  BTW IE 7, Opera, & FF....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

MAS71

Hello all. :)
Thank you always your Administration and Management of SC4D. ;)
I have a question and a request about a Forum and PrivateMessage-service. "$Deal"$

Q. I'm using well recentry the InternetExplorer7 with WindowsXP sp3. (screen size is 1024x768)
A large pics in thread are could not display normaly, and does not displaying a scroll-bar at bottom of browser too....

Does anyone know a way to solved it about IE7 ?? ()what()

and

Request about a service "PrivateMessage".
Can you add a function "Export" my messages ? (Inbox and Outbox)
I'v seen this function in other site which used same system of board.

Thank you for reading. ;)
-Mas'71

sithlrd98

That is odd , Mas san
I decided to switch over to IE7 when I saw your post , but do not seem to have the same issue. ()what()

Jayson

MAS71

@Sithlrd98 san
Thanks for reply and your report. ;)

Oh really ? ()what()
Huummm.....I finding out an option of IE7, but I can't yet see big picture normaly.... &mmm

ok, I'll continue find a way to that more little.
Thank you. ;)

Pat

Mas-san if its any comfort to you before I switched to my new computer last night I was having the same problems with IE7 and that is why I never used it here on Devotions... I used Opera or FireFox honestly...  My only new problem is trying to adjust my new monitor so everything aint soooooo stretched out lol...  I know it would have to do with the screen resolution on your monitor if its lower then the recommended 1024*768... Hope that helps out a wee bit - patrick

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

JoeST

a quick solution (that you probably know) is to, on any offending picture:
*drag it into a new tab
*right click and "open in new tab"
*right click and copy location, paste into new tab.
*etc....

hope that helps until the problem is resolved

Joe