• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Devotion bugs and technical issues...

Started by jeronij, November 05, 2006, 05:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

I haven't seen what HalJackey has, but the Karma stats buttons on people profiles, and at the bottom of the forums have dissapeared, yet I can give karma, and as Joe says it seems odd. Anyway why can't anyone see why someone has got some karma?

Jonathan

bob56

for some reason i'm not able to post pics today. WHere its always been (add. options, attachments) is gone. I would like to make a post with an in-game issue, and i'm not able to post a pic of the issue. PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

Pat

Unlike Jonathon I cant give Karma at all but I too cant see why someone hasnt had there Karma changed or the stats at the bottom of the page.... The only Karma stats I can see is my own...

Bob56,

Is that what you been having problems with? Or are you talking about adding a pic at the end of post in the Additional Options?  If that is the case its always better to use imageshack or photobucket to host your images and then use the code it gives to post directly to forums and then use this code,

[img][/img]

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

JoeST

Pat: I used to beable to see all karma... I remember it well, in those days gone by *daydreams*
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

bob56

Pat,

i mean just adding a pic in "additional options"

Thanks for the help!
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

Pat

Hey Bob no problem there and a tutorial that might help you out further here

@ Joe lol OK so I am not only halucinating here OK wheew lol

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

threestooges

As for the ability to view the Karma Log, to my knowledge there is some experimentation going on with its features. At the present time, it is intentional that it cannot be viewed. There may be changes in the future, but thanks for bringing it to our attention just in case.

Jonathan

Well I think it's a shame that it cant be viewed, as I used to see "oh that person has another karma point", then click to take me to why the karma point was given and more often than not say "wow thats amazing, why didn't I see that before"
Anyway what harm can be done by viewing the log?

Jonathan

jeronij

As threestooges said, there is some experimentation with the karma currently going on. We'll inform about this as soon as we have replied our questions  ;D  ;)

Regarding the attachments, again some restrictions have been implemented due to a maintenance reasons. Again once everything is fixed, the issues will be gone  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

jeronij

Your favourite site is always trying to improve technically and to find the best balance between the features we can offer and the usual stability and security measures. ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

deathtopumpkins

Nice to hear something's being done about the karma...

Now not much of an issue so much as a question: Why does the forum censor P e g (without the spaces ;)) as "PropPox"? I posted some questions recently on some tech support threads here regarding something of his recently, and just went back to look and got rather confused, before doing a test and determining that it is censored... is he something that is not to be mentioned here then, though I think that sounds a little harsh...?
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

RippleJet

I've removed PropPox, at least for now. ;)
Remains to be seen where Jeroni props me when he wakes up... ::)

deathtopumpkins

NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

callagrafx

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on February 26, 2009, 05:20:31 PM
Nice to hear something's being done about the karma...

Now not much of an issue so much as a question: Why does the forum censor P e g (without the spaces ;)) as "PropPox"? I posted some questions recently on some tech support threads here regarding something of his recently, and just went back to look and got rather confused, before doing a test and determining that it is censored... is he something that is not to be mentioned here then, though I think that sounds a little harsh...?

Just a bit of positive reinforcement  :thumbsup:  :D :D  I'm sure JRJ wasn't planning on leaving it in place, just having some fun
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

jeronij

Sorry for the confussion. The "bug" has been fixed. It was just a placeholder.

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Rayden

Quote from: jeronij on February 27, 2009, 02:07:58 PM
Sorry for the confussion. The "bug" has been fixed. It was just a placeholder.

More like a duplicated TGI :P

callagrafx

Quote from: Rayden on February 27, 2009, 04:59:18 PM
More like a duplicated TGI :P

No, definitely not...nothing to do with those whatsoever, that's pure conjecture.   It must have been something else, but as only one person mentioned it, it can be put down to being an anomaly and can safely be ignored  :thumbsup:
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Rayden

Quote from: callagrafx on February 27, 2009, 05:08:23 PM
No, definitely not...nothing to do with those whatsoever, that's pure conjecture.   It must have been something else, but as only one person mentioned it, it can be put down to being an anomaly and can safely be ignored  :thumbsup:
:D :D :D :D

sim-al2

()what()

???

&Thk/(

:-\

I must have missed something somewhere... $%Grinno$%
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")