• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Devotion bugs and technical issues...

Started by jeronij, November 05, 2006, 05:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeST

Yeah, I seem to remember that there used to be a "more like normal post" thing for that. maybe the thing that did it doesnt work with the new version of the forum software or something?

joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

RippleJet

Quote from: homefryes on November 24, 2008, 12:10:45 PM
I was able to add text, but that was just to test it out. Any help is appreciated!

The signature accepts all BBCodes that you can use in normal posts.

Thus, design your signature in a quick reply window, e.g. to this post.
Click Preview and edit it till you're satisfied.

Then copy the content from the Quick Reply window to your signature.
Just don't post your Quick Reply... $%Grinno$%

homefryes

Thanks, RippleJet. With that in mind, where do I post any signature image file (since the rules state it is to be housed here rather than externally)? Should I upload it in my profile near where my avatar is located? Thanks again!

Regards,
Don
Utility Poles Project [linkie]
Ashtabula (the MD) is not dead; it's just on a really long hiatus!
Check out Homefryes' BATatorium

nerdly_dood

You can register at www.photobucket.com and it is very easy and convenient to upload and link images from that site. Once an image is uploaded, hover your cursor over it, and a series of code thingys will drop down from it. Click on the rectangle next to the text "IMG code" (the gray text in that box should become highlighted in light blue) and if a yellow "Copied" message DOES NOT appear, press ctrl + C to copy the text. To post it in the SC4D forum, just press ctrl + V to paste the text and the image will show up where you pasted the code. Just make sure to follow the rules on posting pictures: None larger than 1024x768 pixels, but a max of 800 x 600 is preferred. Also, try to keep the images from being too brightly colored.

Those rules may seem strict but they're actually pretty easy to follow. (unless you make a mistake when getting images from Google - i found that out the hard way ;))

This applies to signature images, too. To add an image to your signature, first make sure it is no larger than 50x300 pix, then copy the IMG code like I said above, and paste it where you want in your signature editing box. Animated GIFs are allowed, if you know how to make them.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

homefryes

Thanks, nerdly_dood. I'm cool with images being hosted off-site and all, and how to use them in posts. My concern stems from the site rules which state, "First and foremost, we host your sig image here at SC4D." I'm happy to host it off-site, but was just being sure I wasn't breaking any rules first.
Utility Poles Project [linkie]
Ashtabula (the MD) is not dead; it's just on a really long hiatus!
Check out Homefryes' BATatorium

Herdervriend

I got a small problem that I really want to be solved.

I can't post new topics anymore or edit my profile page.
Did nothing wrong, I posted the same as other users.
So it's not a warning thing, but what is it then?

So yeah, wanna post a city journal, got 1 million people in my region...Wanna share that so...

Can I pls post topics again:(?
(Re-designing)

sim-al2

I have a topic by yours truely that seems to be permantly locked, as I had locked it earlier. I actually want to get rid of both of my threads in the Lot Editor Projects and start anew, but I can't get rid of the old ones. ()what()
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

onionofdeath

I'm trying to download the RHW 2.0 mod, but nowhere in the window that pops up is there an actual download link. I have clicked every link on the page, but to no avail. Is it just me, or is it locked or something?

Browsers Used:
IE 7.0.5730.13
Firefox 3.05

OSes Used:
Windows XP MCE 2005
Windows Vista SP2
OS X (10.5.3)

Pat

Hey Onion I was wondering are you registered on the LEX? That may be the problem why you are not able to download it...  I hope that is all the problem is!!!

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

onionofdeath

That solved the issue, Thanks Pat!  ;D

sometimes the solution is right in front of my face ???

sedimenjerry

I just tried to download the latest NAM and RHW but there are no links for me to download. I did however just download successfully the latest NAM dependecies

Jonathan

You need to be logged in on the LEX, else the there won't be a download link, note you have to register seperatly from the forums.

Jonathan

sedimenjerry

Thats the weird thing. I was logged in and I was able to download another file.
It works now though. I guess I just needed to close the window.

Pat

LoL Onion I am glad you gotten it solved there!!!

sedimenjerry I've done the same thing myself where one download worked and then I went to download something else and the evil gorilla told me couldn't do that...  For some reason or another multiply windows open on the LEX doesn't like it too well???

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Herdervriend

Quote from: Herdervriend on January 11, 2009, 12:56:15 PM
I got a small problem that I really want to be solved.

I can't post new topics anymore or edit my profile page.
Did nothing wrong, I posted the same as other users.
So it's not a warning thing, but what is it then?

So yeah, wanna post a city journal, got 1 million people in my region...Wanna share that so...

Can I pls post topics again:(?

Someone?
(Re-designing)

JoeST

you should PM jeroni or one of the other staff :)

Jonathan

What's up with the site it seems to have gotten worse, like every hour it just doesn't work, and the wiki says something about can't do something in Users.php.
looking something up "quickly" takes quite a bit longer than it did.

Jonathan

JoeST

yeah I keep getting database type errors...

JoeST

Why cant I post images with width atributes?

[img width="100"]http://images.freshmeat.net/editorials/r_intro/images/line-graph-1.jpg[/img]

I always used to beable to...

infact all tags have gone funny:

[table border="1"]
thingin
atable

Haljackey

Quote from: JoeST on January 25, 2009, 11:02:40 PM
Why cant I post images with width atributes?

[img width="100"]http://images.freshmeat.net/editorials/r_intro/images/line-graph-1.jpg[/img]

You can.  Take the quotations out that you have around "100" and the image will show up no problem!   :thumbsup:

I'm running into a problem whenever I want to check unread topics:

This is happening more and more often to me and I don't know why. When I click the link to view all unread topics it then shows the unread topics.  It seems like a unnecessary step.

Best,
-Haljackey