• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Lot editor

Started by Agathorn, July 27, 2013, 10:51:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agathorn

Hello,

I have a question about the LE. I've made a texture to complete the seawall of our dikes here in the Netherlands. I've did give the texture a IID number, opend a lot, deleted everything on it and replaced the base texture.
When i try to save it i get the announcement that the lot needs a building in order to save it.

How do i solve this so i can save the lot only with the texture so i can use it in-game?

Agathorn

Swordmaster

Strange, how were you able to delete the building in LE? Normally you can only use the replace function on it, if I'm right.

Anyway, every lot needs a "building". Many custom lots you'll find have blank buildings for situations like this. If you replace the building with a blank one from another lot, and you use "save as", you should be safe.

Even better would be to use PIMX to make a new blank building and put that on your lot. If you make a building of the "eyecandy" type, you're certain the properties are correct.

Cheers
Willy

Agathorn

Hello Willy,

Thanks for youre responce, and yeah, youre wright about removing the building it can not be done. What i ment was deleting the props on that lot. And i placed a blank building and saving was easy as that.

Agathorn

belfastsocrates

Firstly my apologies for posting in a thread that has not had a reply for a considerable period but I didn't wish to create a duplicate thread.

I have an issue with Lot Editor. I'm trying to edit and 'save as' a building which does not have a 'save as' option. I recall someone saying you can amend a lot's properties to allow for an entirely new lot to be created but I can't recall how...

Can anyone assist? The lot is YDR's Kennedy Centre
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

mgb204

Is it a reward lot per-chance? If it has the property Conditional Building in the buildings exemplar, you need to change this to False (using Reader) before you can make a copy. Don't forget to set this back to True when you've finished editing the lot.

belfastsocrates

Yes I think it is a reward. I'll have a look and try that. Thank you Robin :)
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde