• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW Interchange Guide - Moved To A New Home! (See the Child Board Above)

Started by Haljackey, January 23, 2009, 10:33:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you found this guide useful?

Yes- very useful
256 (82.3%)
Yes- somewhat useful
44 (14.1%)
No- too simplistic
4 (1.3%)
No- too confusing
7 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 311

EsoEs

Hey guys, loving the RHW mod so far, my only complaint is that I now spend all my civ 4 time constructing cool looking highways, leaving me no time to actually build a city :P  Anyway, I was looking for a 4 way highway interchange that also provided access to city streets and I didn't see anything I really liked, so here is something I came up with. 

The traffic flow to and out of the roundabouts isn't ideal but I preferred to save the space.  It looks pretty cool, and allows us to zone inside of the interchange.  Im hoping to get to the actual zoning phase soon so Ill post some more screens once it develops a bit.  Let me know what you think, comments suggestions critiques all welcome! :)

DAB_City

Quote from: EsoEs on November 19, 2011, 11:49:43 PM
Hey guys, loving the RHW mod so far, my only complaint is that I now spend all my civ 4 time constructing cool looking highways, leaving me no time to actually build a city :P  Anyway, I was looking for a 4 way highway interchange that also provided access to city streets and I didn't see anything I really liked, so here is something I came up with.

The traffic flow to and out of the roundabouts isn't ideal but I preferred to save the space.  It looks pretty cool, and allows us to zone inside of the interchange.  Im hoping to get to the actual zoning phase soon so Ill post some more screens once it develops a bit.  Let me know what you think, comments suggestions critiques all welcome! :)

Looks great, I'll be watching this closely. If I were doing this, I would probably have made it even tighter, as in my typical style, and kept the roundabout connecting roads/avenues consistent, especially if there is to be zoning inside. I will post an image of my own variation here, but keep it up!  :thumbsup:   &apls

This would only belong here if there was a tutorial included... I may try making one sometime, but for now, I'll be posting my version on the Show Us Your... Intersections thread: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=252.msg404446#msg404446
Hello SimCity Devotees! If you want to find out more about me, why not visit my profile? Free drinks and biscuits, if that would tempt anyone ;)

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/user/360022-dab-city/

mike3775

Quote from: DAB_City on November 20, 2011, 01:05:46 AM
Quote from: EsoEs on November 19, 2011, 11:49:43 PM

Looks great, I'll be watching this closely. If I were doing this, I would probably have made it even tighter, as in my typical style, and kept the roundabout connecting roads/avenues consistent, especially if there is to be zoning inside. I will post an image of my own variation here, but keep it up!  :thumbsup:   &apls

Same here, I would have moved the roundy's a bit closer to the RHW-6, and probably used the A version of exit ramps so I could immediately do the MIS to RHW transition

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: DAB_City on November 21, 2011, 12:27:46 PM
Here's my version of the junction. Took me an hour or so, but it messed up my Timbuktu region in the process! Oh well, time to move on...  :-[

I wouldn't call it efficient, but I would call two of the RA's redundant.

Also, this isn't the ideal thread to post this. This is: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=252.0

This thread is for tutorials, not for showing off your interchanges, unless you're showing how to make something you made.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

DAB_City

Yeah, sorry about that. I don't know how I'm going to explain that as a tutorial!  :o
It's here now instead: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=252.msg404446#msg404446
Hello SimCity Devotees! If you want to find out more about me, why not visit my profile? Free drinks and biscuits, if that would tempt anyone ;)

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/user/360022-dab-city/

Haljackey

Hey everyone, I wanted to let you know that the new RealHighway Interchange Guide child board in the NAM How-Tos and Tutorials section has now been set up!

RealHighway Interchange Guide

Feel free to let me know what you think or post tutorials of your own!

Link here: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=419.0

This thread will remain until all the content has been moved over to the new section. It will also be edited, expanded and reorganized. That way you will still be able to find everything you're looking for here as the transition takes place.

-Ryan (Haljackey)

Casper3141

Are Diagonally angled interchanges impossible with RHW? im trying to create two interchanges with no success, the First interchange would be Interstate 5 and the 14 freeway in Los Angeles California, for the I-5 im using RHW10 and for the 14 RHW6, samething for the I-5, 210 interchange in Los Angeles, except for the 210 im using the 4 lane RHW has anyone been able to recreate anything like these while keeping that same diagonal angle?

jdenm8

At present, Diagonal interchanges can only be built with RHW-4, as it's the only network that has the necessary puzzle pieces. RHW-6C will have a Ramp Interface (Diag RHW-6C Type B1) that will offer similar functionality in the next RHW.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Casper3141

Hmm, I guess this will involve some creative thinking on my part

Haljackey

Just a quick announcement: at last, all the tutorials from the this interchange guide thread have been brought over to the new board. Each guide has been indexed by type, and organized in a way that it is easily accessible from the table of contents.

If anyone spots an error or a bad link, feel free to let me know. If you have any suggestions as to how to improve this guide, feel free to let me know as well! :)

Again, the new board can be found here: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=419.0

This thread is now locked. It may soon be moved to the NAM Inactive threads board. Please direct all questions and comments to the respective threads in the new board. Thanks again to everyone who has supported and contributed to this project!

All the best,
-Ryan (Haljackey)