• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RAM Request Thread

Started by CasperVg, February 10, 2008, 12:49:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metarvo

This has made my day!  I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.  ;)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Girafe

Good addition superhands  &apls
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

killerclone

Oh wow! The phrase "tip of the iceberg" has me excited. Can we expect anything close to noahclems list of requests on the previous page?

superhands

probably not. The proposed list is basically a run down of drag-gable networks, with respective puzzle pieces for Str and Dtr (double track).

And some Fractional Rail: 

threestooges

Well that's interesting. Something seems a bit off about the angle of that track there. Part of it may just be that it's running across the corners of a lot instead of across the sides, but the dimensions seem off somehow. Can't quite put my finger on it. However, what I do know is that that looks really interesting.
-Matt

sim-al2

It's probably because it's a 2x2 piece of rail and not the 3x4(?) normal puzzle piece.
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

metarvo

My guess is that it's the FARR-2 or HDRR (as opposed to FARR-3 or standard FARR), which runs at an approximate 26.565 angle.  It seems like I remember reading in 3RR [linkie] once about the proposed development of HDR (Half Diagonal Roads), which were to be 2x2 puzzle pieces instead of the standard 3x2 that is used for most fractional angle networks.  The FARR I see in that pic seems to be related to this concept somehow.  Then again, the rail I see in that pic on the right might not even be a puzzle piece, judging by the blue rail segments to the left.  ;D
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

sim-al2

It's a draggable puzzle piece... ???

:D

But you're right, it's at a different angle. Looks very good and useful! :thumbsup:
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

Colonel_killgore

Hey, I have a request, unless I'm a total fool and failed to see it anywhere in the current releases.

It would be nice to have a more gentle transition from one track to another parallel one - at the moment we can have one line transition to another parallel one, but that first line can't continue, which means you have to use the standard maxis junction which is well, short and stubby and looks silly when trains go over it.

I hope that's vaguely clear - what I mean is, if you have two parallel tracks like this:
==========
==========
It would be cool to be able to gently transition from one to the other whilst both continue on:

=======/======
======/=======   (where the slash represents a junction)

I think as it currently stands you can use a RAM piece to transition to FARR and then to another parallel line but you need a gap of one tile between those lines.

RickD

Oh yes, such a piece would be so helpful!   :)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

k808j

Hopefully you all handle STR request as well. Are there any STR stations available?

L i s t e n  T o  O u r  F a m o u s  T h e m e
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=PVfnXk">We Are Borg

ScottFTL

Quote from: k808j on July 21, 2010, 02:16:00 PM
Hopefully you all handle STR request as well. Are there any STR stations available?

There is Beverly Station available on the LEX.

There are a few more on BriPizza's site, but this is a Japanese site.  I couldn't find a way to link to the files directly, but the site uses enough English that you should be able to find your way.  From the home page, click on BAT at the top then Transport on the next page.  The stations are clearly marked as STR in the list.

k808j

L i s t e n  T o  O u r  F a m o u s  T h e m e
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=PVfnXk">We Are Borg

darraghf

Hi Guys,
I'm not sure if this has been requested before, but are there any plans to create Road/Avenue over STR? Currently, I'm building a st railway and that is an essential puzzle piece.
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

darraghf

Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg