• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 32 Pre-Release -- Discussion, Support, and Bug Report Thread

Started by The NAM Team, December 18, 2013, 06:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wasso38

Quote from: memo on January 11, 2014, 12:48:50 AM
Quote from: wasso38 on January 11, 2014, 12:47:01 AM
i got problems in the NAM radius curves. here's the photo: you can see. it's not working. when i was installed the NAM 31.2. and SFBT Euro Textures Mod. it's working. but it's not working in NAM 32 PR1.  &mmm

What do you mean exactly that is not working?
the sidewalks. check the photo.  ;)

Tarkus

You were already given instructions on how to do this by numerous people elsewhere.  It needs to load after everything in the NAM.  Additionally, third-party sidewalk mods are not NAM Team products, and thus, we have no obligation to provide support for them.

-Alex

Geometry123

And also, the SFBT Euro Textures mod was succeeded by the Euro Cosmetic Re-Texture Mod included in the NAM, so may I suggest you to discard the ancient still good, but out of date SFBT Euro textures (:D) and use the more recent one from the NAM? ::)
You will never know when will the next NAM be released. Only time teasing will tell. :P

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game"
                                                 -Ocean Quigley

z

Quote from: Geometry123 on January 11, 2014, 06:57:12 AM
And also, the SFBT Euro Textures mod was succeeded by the Euro Cosmetic Re-Texture Mod included in the NAM, so may I suggest you to discard the ancient still good, but out of date SFBT Euro textures (:D) and use the more recent one from the NAM? ::)

The NAM installer does this automatically, since this is a common situation.

memo

Quote from: Kuewr665 on January 09, 2014, 06:58:54 PM
I think the existing rail viaduct diagonal on-slope transition works for both orthogonal and diagonal slopes too.

That's rather cool! I didn't know that. By the way, I tried to modify the models of the diagonal road on-slopes, but it turned out it would require some more elaborate model editing to make it work...

tvrcars

I have the older version of nam 31.2 [Not the pre-release] but i came across this, cosmetic puzzle pieces the arrows are facing the wrong way for uk style. just wondering if i missed something in the nam 31.2 installer?  sorry if i posted this in the wrong section.

I downloaded the Pre-release nam and the arrows are pointing the correct way,  :thumbsup:

Tarkus

Quote from: tvrcars on January 12, 2014, 10:45:21 AM
I downloaded the Pre-release nam and the arrows are pointing the correct way,  :thumbsup:

By and large, we managed to fix a lot of the issues present in NAM 31.2 with the pre-release--I'd actually say NAM 32-PR1 is, in many ways, more stable than NAM 31.2, and most of the issues present in the pre-release are with newer items, and that tag was primarily as a precaution.  We didn't want a repeat of what happened with the initial 31.

-Alex

fefenc

Another bug for you guys:

The Draggable Flex Road L1 is allowing buildings to be constructed in front of it.

MandelSoft

That's not a bug. It's a game limitation we can't prevent.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Tarkus

In light of the fact that it's a game issue over which we have no control, the solution to that is simply to not build zones that face it, and demolish existing zones.

-Alex

APSMS

Yup, I'm kinda surprised that this even came up. I can do this for with all elevated networks in the game, (that support zoning) so only listing one seems kind of an incomplete "bug" report.

This is due to the fact that the in game networks are two dimensional, so the elevatedness is more of a cosmetic thing than anything else.

(Haven't had a chance to try out the Pre-release yet. Will hopefully do so soon and report back! It looks nice from what I've seen so far)
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

fefenc

I've found another bug, but this time, it's a pathfinding bug:

FAR RHW-8S Ramp Type C1 exit ramp

The pathfinding arrows are inverted and this network doesn't work .-.

fefenc

When ave 2, TLA 2, NRD 4 and ARD 3 make a crossing between road and street, the center of the crossing is reverted to maxis road crossing.

MandelSoft

That's because we don't support these odd types of crossings yet.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

fefenc

Quote from: MandelSoft on January 14, 2014, 11:25:53 AM
That's because we don't support these odd types of crossings yet.

Yet, hehehehe :B Anyways, thank you guys for keeping SC4 alive :D :d :d

spot

Missing diagonal MIS path under Lv.1 RHW-6S. Possibly other networks/heights too.

Tarkus

Reported as Issue #211.  I've already fixed it.

The thread is now locked.  A huge thanks to everyone who downloaded the NAM 32 Pre-Release and reported their findings, helping us to ensure a solid final release for NAM 32, which  is . . . shall we say . . . imminent.

-Alex