• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms - The End; A New Revolution

Started by marsh, May 12, 2010, 04:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canyonjumper

Great update marshy! I like the way you've used the beach texture. Keep it up!

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Tomas Neto

Very nice update, fantastic!!!  :thumbsup:

marsh

Quote from: RickD on May 17, 2010, 03:12:48 AM
Good to see you back, Marsh! I like the setting of your new MD.

Thanks man. I do too.  ::)

Quote from: canyonjumperGreat update marshy! I like the way you've used the beach texture. Keep it up!

Thanks man. Although I will also have some sandy beaches.  ;)

Quote from: Tomas Neto on May 17, 2010, 07:40:51 PM
Very nice update, fantastic!!!  :thumbsup:

Thanks man. Glad you enjoyed it.  :)

The rainy season is still coming down strong in Zukuraai. The citizens of the city voted for the option's, and the docks were built. Rain slowed the construction, But during some of the few sunny day's, the dock was slowly built during those days.

The docks serve as a small trading center for random merchants, and also fishermen. No commercial fishing currently exists, but once the rainy seson is over some may be atracted to the town.

A new highschool was recently built also. The litercy rate in The Royal Constitutional Republic of The Gansbaai Kingdoms is the highest in Africa, at 90.5%.  Its at 95th worldwide, but it is climbing fast. The second highest is Equatorial Guinea at 87%. There are curently no universities in The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms. This does not effect the education much, as many citizens go to college in either Morocco or Algeria. A university is not even in the planning stages yet, but it may be soon.

Many of the old gravel streets in Zukuraai are being paved over. Cars are becoming more frequently common, and an infustructure made entirely of unpaved roads is not very good. Another thing being done is a market being built. A large dirt clearing recently destroyed much of a farm to make room for it.

The Basila Mosque is the only Mosque in Zukuraai. Islam is The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms official religion. It is dominate in almost every other cities in the nation. Zukuraai is the only city with predominate Catholic influence. Many muslims are not happy with the giant Coca-Cola bilbord behind it...   &mmm

The newest structure built is a a goverment building... the Zukuraai Hall is were many goverment officials of the contry live. Zukuraai is one of the fastest growing cities in The Royal Constitutional Republic of The Gansbaai Kingdoms. The country currently has no capitol. It was formed only last year, (1995), so the country is still trying to get it's feet planted in the world.

The rainy season is ending and the sun is shining. Mabey construction can actualy happen now.

Thats all for today!!
Until Next Time!!!

kelis

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

canyonjumper

Great update marshy! Hopefully now that the rain has stopped, more stuff can be built! I love the dock, btw!

I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

marsh

Quote from: kalvar on May 18, 2010, 09:35:43 PM
Wonderful, this region is starting to like me.

::)

Quote from: kelis on May 19, 2010, 04:34:09 AM
WOW, I Like this City  &apls

I do too  :P

Quote from: canyonjumper on May 19, 2010, 04:40:58 PM
Great update marshy! Hopefully now that the rain has stopped, more stuff can be built! I love the dock, btw!

Yes, infact it already has  ;)

New Borders

After much negotiating and treaty...ing, It was decided that the "Disputed Land" in the Sahara was to be givin completly to The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms. This sparked some unrest in Morocco and Algeria, but nothing major happened. Just some bricks through U.N. Embassy windows. The land was under dispute for a while now and U.N. peacekeepers decided that The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms needed the land the most. Why so much trouble for some sand? Well under that sand is oil. And infact as soon as Gansbaai  gained control, a refinery was literly under construction the next day.

Old Borders

New Borders

You may have also noticed another border change. This decision was made by the Made by the Mauritanian Goverment after some civil unrest sprang up in those area's. The Goverment decided it was best to hand over the land, to avoid unessicary conflict. Gansbaai was not involved in any way.

Royal Constitutional Republic of The Gansbaai Kingdoms Statistics

*wr means "World Rank"

General

Official Name: Royal Constitutional Republic of The Gansbaai Kingdoms Statistics

Short Name: The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms

Demonym: Gansbaaian

Capitol: *No official capitol*

Largest City: Al Aium

Currency: Moroccan Dirham (MAD) 1$ = 11MAD

Languages: Arabic-93.65%
                Spanish-3.21%
                Other-3.14%

Religions: Islam-86.56%
             Christian-6.4%
             Athiest-1.22%
             Other- 5.84%

People

Total Population: 551,000 *wr-167

(all based on # per 1,000)

Growth Rate: 2.15 *wr-15

Birth Rate: 39.54 *wr-15

Death Rate: 11.49 *wr-41

Migration Rate: 1.34 *wr-39

Life Expectancy: 75 years *wr-78

Litercy Rate: 90.5%

Economy

GDP: $900,000,000 *wr-203

Most Exported Good: Not Avalible

Most Imported Good: Not Avalible

Current Acount Balance: $1,000,000 *wr-58

Reserves of foriegn exchange and gold: $21,540,000,000 *wr-40

Communication

Phone Lines in use (land): 2,991,000 *wr-51

Phone Lines in use (wireless): 22,816,000 *wr-35

Internet Users: 10,300,000 *wr-31

Transportation

International Airports: 1

Kilometer's of Railroad: 0

Kilometer's of Road: 33,400

ecoba

Interesting statistics here, my friend. I'll be stopping by more often! :)

Ethan

marsh

Quote from: ecoba on May 20, 2010, 05:39:58 AM
Interesting statistics here, my friend. I'll be stopping by more often! :)

Ethan

Thanks. Glad SOMBODY liked it.  ::)

:P I know that was a half-assed update, so ive made this one a half-assed update also. So combined, they make one full-assed update.  :)

Click the picture.... BEEG SURPRISE!

*EDIT* The Thumbnail is'nt working... so click this>>>http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/8504/megamosaic.jpg

And just for the hell of it, a quik photoshopped pic

art128

Wow, this is for sure a very interesting MD, Marsh !
I love how you developed your city, with the parks, churches (even St Basil fits in well ! ). That use of the paved SAM street is just perfect and gives a nice atmosphere to your city. Also nice work with the docks and that awesome panorama !
It's funny, your city reminds me of Qumma by Nedalezz.

Can't wait til' the next update !

-Arthur. :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

ecoba

Really nice picture my friend, however one suggestion I have would be to not use the brick streets in the town, and use the regular concrete streets, I personally feel that they are a little bit too fancy. :)

Ethan

marsh

Quote from: art128 on May 21, 2010, 03:50:21 AM
Wow, this is for sure a very interesting MD, Marsh !
I love how you developed your city, with the parks, churches (even St Basil fits in well ! ). That use of the paved SAM street is just perfect and gives a nice atmosphere to your city. Also nice work with the docks and that awesome panorama !
It's funny, your city reminds me of Qumma by Nedalezz.

Can't wait til' the next update !

Thanks man. I apreciate your comment.  ()stsfd() Qumma inspired me ALOT for this journal.More parks and also surprises are to come.  ;) I remembered it from about 2 years ago and it inspired me to make this. I relized that I copied a litle bit off it, for example the location, but I think it it is different enough. I hope you become a frequent viewer of my journal throut my future updates!  :)

Quote from: ecoba on May 21, 2010, 09:44:08 AM
Really nice picture my friend, however one suggestion I have would be to not use the brick streets in the town, and use the regular concrete streets, I personally feel that they are a little bit too fancy. :)

Ethan

Thanks for the sugjestion. If you notice in my large panorama, some of the streets in the further out area of town are regular maxis streets. The red ones are ment to be the "older" streets of the city, (and they kinda match with the buildings  :P) The newer streets are all getting paved, so no wories.  :thumbsup:

500 miles inland in The Royal Constitutional Republic of The Gansbaai Kingdoms  newly aquired desert, oil drilling, refining, and shipping, has already been constructed in less then half a year. Over 5,000 oil wells have already been constructed, 3 refinerys and two ports.

The largest refinery is the Fushan Quss refinery. (was actualy placed on a map... see in last update) The two others were built in the area formily ocupied by Mauritania. The Fushan Quss refinery has 8 holding tanks for the crude-oil, the largest of any other in Africa.

The main operations building was the last thing to be constructed near the refinery. The parking lot is still even underconstruction, but workers came even when it was'nt built.

A pipeline for the oil was built across the western Sahara to transport the oil safly. A rail line was thought about, but it was desided that a pipeline was better.

The pipeline goes all the way to the coast at the Fushan Quss Port.

The oil is then again stored in holding tanks untill a tanker comes to ship it around the world. A large pump is located here. This helps get the oil though the pipeline from the refinery to the port. It is the largest in the world, which is requiered to get the oil up a large nearby hill.

On a main road in the port, resteraunts where recently built to acomidate workers needs. on the second floor a gym was even built.

The entire port is built on a small piece of artificial land. The main operation of the port is for oil export, but two cargo terminals were also built for imports mostly, like food and other suplies.

The port has created a huge energy demand for Zukuraai, as it is now using half the power that he city produces. A new power plant is being constructed to acomidate the need.

kwakelaar

Things certainly move fast here, quite a chunk of land Gansbaai acquired from its neighbours.
Great looking style of buildings and the images are nice to look at.
Your statistics seem a little inconsistent; with a population of 500.000 you have 10.000.000 internet users. I am curious how that can be.

Lowkee33

Nice work on the oil production.  Is there a region view we could look at?

Tomas Neto

Wow... Awesome, really awesome update my friend!!! Great!!!  &apls &apls

art128

Nice port there my friend ! Also great work with the petrol installations. I like that big pipeline running in the warm desert.

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

i_love_lamp

Now this place is startin to feel more and more Middle East! Lets pray that the oil doesnt explode and pour into the water, then not get solved for weeks on end

marsh

Quote from: kwakelaar on May 22, 2010, 01:36:23 AM
Things certainly move fast here, quite a chunk of land Gansbaai acquired from its neighbours.
Great looking style of buildings and the images are nice to look at.
Your statistics seem a little inconsistent; with a population of 500.000 you have 10.000.000 internet users. I am curious how that can be.

Umm....  &mmm thanks for that catch... lol  ::)
Yes it has aqiered alot of land. the U.N. Decided that Gansbaai could use it the most.

Quote from: Lowkee33 on May 22, 2010, 10:38:20 AM
Nice work on the oil production.  Is there a region view we could look at?

Thank you. There is, but I do not want to show it yet. Things are a little messy right now, (ex: an airport is half finished and has random runways everywere). Don't worry. In time Ill realese one. At the moment though, if you look at the "Swazi Wadi River Valley" update, that overview ov the river shows Zukuraai in the bottom left.  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Tomas Neto on May 23, 2010, 03:35:21 AM
Wow... Awesome, really awesome update my friend!!! Great!!!  &apls &apls

Thank you for you kind comment.  :thumbsup:

Quote from: i_love_lamp on May 24, 2010, 06:07:58 PM
Now this place is startin to feel more and more Middle East! Lets pray that the oil doesnt explode and pour into the water, then not get solved for weeks on end

Yes. It is about to get even more like it.  ;)

And be asured, enviormental Sftey is the top priority in The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms, so be assured, our contry will not have completly idiotic ideas on how to solv an oil spill  :P

It looks as Zukuraai is going to soon hit a building boom. Many buildings are being planned, and alot are already under construction. The main thing that that contributed to this was the Fushan Quss Oil Co. Generating billions of dollars in revenue for the country. The company created over 10,000 jobs for the city of Zukuraai. However... there are not even 8,000 people in Zukuraai. The company now needs to outsource for jobs.

Another oil company has also come to The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms. Fairview Petroleum Has bought drilling rights for over 14,000 square kilometers of land and sea within the borders of The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms, for over $1,400,000 american dollars. Currently they only have a very small headquarters building. Fairview Petroleum's wells have already provoked a bill for the expansion of the Fushan Port.

A thing that also provoked much growth is Zukuraai road. This road travles from Fushan Port, to Zukuraai. The road is still under construction, and is to go all the way from Nouadhibou, through Zukuraai, to Al Aaium. This is only to serve as a temporary road to bring in suplies and construction equipment, while the 6-lane NH-2 and NH1, (National Highway 1 & 2), which when completed will be renamed to a single name.

A (very) large project that started is the Al Adjidaai Strip. This road will lead to the, (currently in-planning), Zukuraai International Airport. Along the road hundreds of properties have already been bought, and will be a haven of 5-star hotels and Multi-million dollar corporations from around the world.

The SFR condos are a new development that started near the base of the Al Adjidaai Strip. Phase one will house over 1,000 residents. Mostly outsourced workers who are comming to work for the Fushan Quss & Fairview Oil Corporations.

Another obvious sign of growth is the fact that now the new Zukuraai Parliment is no longer out of town. Many residents have moved here and built up the area.

Perhaps the most prestigeious thing built is the Caphli Jiidaai (CJ) Meuseum. It is the most elegent meuseum in the world. (Aside from Europe)

The meuseum has two of the most famous works of art in the world Including....

[i]The Jumper of Grand Depths[/i]

and....

Wheeeeeee!!!

This entire area has seen much growth recently, and it will see more.

***The mosaic will not show completly on some sites.****
If this is the case, please use link below vvv

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/918/mainroadmosaic.jpg

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/918/mainroadmosaic.jpg

And finaly, Fushan Quss Oil Co. Is constructing its International Headquarters in Zukuraai. The company curently only has refineries in Africa at the moment, (half in The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms), but it will serve as the headquarters for as lnog as possible.

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/908/constructionmosaic.jpg

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/908/constructionmosaic.jpg

RickD

Great updates, Marsh! Things get more and more interesting with all the new construction going on.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

io_bg

Fantastic job on the last update! &apls The construction pics are really great! :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November