• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tarkusian Cities (Update 107-08/23/2020-West Chemeketa Reconfig, Part 1)

Started by Tarkus, June 17, 2007, 08:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathtopumpkins

Really nice construction Alex, it looks like plenty of traffic is using the newly widened road.
And do show us that residential development when it's completed.  ;)

Oh, and there's that word "imminent" again :P
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

metarvo

It looks like some of the widening is taking place in the areas that I remember from the video, in particular the stretch of Los Endos Blvd. just east of 71st. Ct.  It looks more residential development might be imminent, since more blocks have been built in the neighborhood.  Actually, I have seen road construction at night before IRL, mainly in big cities or other areas that have high traffic in the daytime, so it is quite realistic.  Nice update, Alex!

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

sebes

Quote from: Tarkus on May 15, 2009, 07:04:34 PM
--there are an awful lot of lurkers on this MD, and it would be kind of nice to hear from them.  (Note to lurkers: I don't bite. :D

True! I can confirm he does not bite. (just stay away when he is shuffling arround piles of sand again...)

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Nexis4Jersey

what another Wonderful , update from Tarkus , you always seem to be constructing something!

bakerton

Alex, I do like on how you "constructed" this update. Looking forward to the next update which as you put it, 'imment'. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

Jmouse

Alex, I've seen plenty of bottlenecks like the one you started out with on SE Los Endos. Sometimes they're not bothersome at all, but if traffic starts getting a little heavier, they're a nightmare to navigate. At least you stay ahead of the game, unlike some DOTs which wait until they're forced to take action of some kind! :)

The 75th St. extension was certainly needed and will provide access to residents of the new neighborhood. The wider curve South of Jan Haskins Pkwy. looks great, but I'm curious about the utility towers on stilts. Don't recall seeing anything like that before, but wondering where you found them.

Always looking forward to another update...
Joan

superhands

great update alex.
like that SE 75th Street junction the most :)

dave

art128

Great developments there Alex, It's always wonderful to see the city step by step..
Looking forward to more.

Take care,
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

KoV Liberty

Hey Tarkus,
   I am new here but I really like this CJ! Also that Avenue-Road transition... Will that be part of the NWM?

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Battlecat

I've missed a couple good updates!  Congratulations on 50 updates, that's quite the accomplishment!  The video you posted is really cool!  The latest update looks great, I really do just love how much though you give to how the construction projects would have to be accomplished in real life, particularly giving though to how to keep the existing traffic moving. 

Looking forward to seeing what's coming next!

j-dub

What the?! Oh no, not the 75th Street junction, I can't drive down there anymore, as they made the speed limit at that intersection 35 mph during construction, causing major bottlenecks as it has to be narrowed down for construction and the bridge is really not stable in my opinion, its all rusted and old. I also can't cross my bike there anymore either, as there is dirt everywhere, and I noticed wildlife running into neighborhoods to get far away from the giant dirt mess as possible. Oh, I'm sorry, am I getting too carried away. No, the truth is I am talking about how finally this has reached my reality. 75th Street in my RL is being widened from 5 lanes to 9 lanes. Now that is nothing compared to this, 30 years ago, this was the case. This is torture knowing the fact in SC4, all it takes is a simple click, versus the years I have to wait for it to be completed in real life.

Now speaking of wait, and sci-fi lines, I know that feeling of torture of having no idea, no video or news of when the next "Episode" is going to be finished, but at least here, we don't have to wait real years for construction to complete in SC4. However, I bet it will take years for all of those crossroad buildings to grow, before covering this area all finished is possible.

And  Jmouse, so Tarkus doesn't have to answer, those are utility poles Fukuda did to replace the red and white colors. So the very least, look up that name on the exchange site(s).

allan_kuan1992

I hate to point out that this hasn't been updated in over a month contrary to MD rules... :-[

- Allan Kuan

TmiguelT

Quote from: allan_kuan1992 on June 21, 2009, 02:01:44 AM
I hate to point out that this hasn't been updated in over a month contrary to MD rules... :-[

- Allan Kuan

Don't worry maybe he has been working hard on the next update. construction sites usually take over a year to be finish  ;)

thundercrack83

Quote from: allan_kuan1992 on June 21, 2009, 02:01:44 AM

- Allan Kuan

The rule is actually 45 days, not a month. Don't worry, Alex--you've got a few more days, my friend!

Dustin

Tarkus

Hi everyone-

Tarkusian Cities still lives, and I'm finally back with a new update.  This time, we'll be looking at a somewhat innovative TDOT/City of Los Endos project to aid traffic movement in Los Endos' rapidly growing downtown.

First, I'll begin with a map--this is the area before construction and much of the development downtown.  The main area that will get developed is shown in the clearly marked gray box.

Here's an overview of downtown and vicinity before construction really gets going (facing north):

Here's a closer-in pic showing some of the new structures that have been built in the downtown area.

There's two things worth noting in those pics:
1) D Street and 0th Street still have at-grade intersections with Highway 94.
2) There's no real heavy-duty north-south arterial connecting Highway 94 to downtown.

The Los Endos Central Corridor project, which, as mentioned earlier, is a joint TDOT/Los Endos project, will fix both of these problems.  Here is what the project will accomplish:

1) The existing Highway 94/D Street at-grade crossing will be upgraded to a Diamond Interchange.
2) D Street will be re-aligned and re-named C Street.
3) The new, realigned C Street will be widened from 2 travel lanes to a Multi-Way Boulevard.

You may be wondering--what is a Multi-Way Boulevard?  Well, it's TDOT brochure time.

So, that's that.  Now back to construction:

Work on the Multi-Way Boulevard near NW Waverly and NW Tipton Streets, facing south.

And at the Los Endos Blvd/Paramount Street One-Way Couplet, facing south.

And some work on the new interchange.  Here, you can see the old D Street at-grade intersection next to the new 4-lane overpass that will carry C Street across Highway 94. (facing south)

The ramps to Highway 94 Eastbound, and from Highway 94 Westbound have been constructed.  The curve connecting the new C Street alignment to NW Hammerhead Lake Road has not yet been built.

And a couple of pics of the newly-completed Multi-Way Boulevard.

This is facing north at the Los Endos/Paramount couplet.

This is facing west near the intersection with SW Mill Street.

And, as an added bonus, here's that missing EB Entrance ramp from the Ardent Road/31st Street interchange (facing west).

And finally, a map of the current state of Downtown Los Endos.  You may notice that Highway 94 is shown as Highway 60 on this map . . . more on that later.

And that does it for this update of Tarkusian Cities.  It's good to be back! :)  Thanks for all the great comments as well--I'll have replies in the next 24 hours or so.

-Alex

thundercrack83

It's great to see things up and running here again, Alex! Wonderful stuff! I love the multi-way boulevard explanation and application, especially--I'm going to be playing around with things like this for sure! And of course, your maps are always outstanding, as well!

Can't wait to see what's next, my friend!

Dustin

art128

Hey Alex, great to see a new update my friend ! The general shot of Los Endos is very realistic looking and all these suburbs are looking good my friend. Also, the newest development with the 4 way avenue is great too ! I really move the picture "This is facing west near the intersection with SW Mill Street." It looks sooo realistic !
Take care,
-Arthur. :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

metarvo

When I saw the plans for the renamed C. St. and Hwy. 60, it made me curious as to why this would be done.  I've never seen TDot do anything without a reason, though.  Perhaps the "0" ending indicates that Hwy. 94/Hwy. 60 has become a more important east-west route.  That would be my guess.;)

Nice update, Alex!  :thumbsup:  I really like the multi-way boulevard.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

bakerton

Woderful update Alex. I do like the Multi lane Blvd. as we here in Wisconsin has something simular to that but involving streets, roads, and avenues and the side lanes (local lanes) are right next to the main road. Looking out for more Alex. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

deathtopumpkins

Very nice update, Alex! Didn't expect that large of a downtown though.  ;)

And that brochure is pretty neat as well... looks exactly like a page of something I'd pick up in a rest area lobby. And that multi-way boulevard turned out great, but have you thought about grade-separating part of the center lanes?
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores