• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How's the weather today (where you live)

Started by Vario80, June 09, 2007, 02:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

John that is not fair at all..... Here in Northern Wis its currently 15 and Snowing heavly...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Kitsune

Here in Toronto, I want to go hide under a rock!!

There calling for 10-15cm of snow (4-6 inches) tonight and into the morning, followed by 15mm of freezing rain (just over half an inch) and then 25mm of rain (1 inch). The issue here is the rain will be falling with temps around 1C/34F, meaning the city could be in for a monster of an ice storm if that Temp drops a little. Not pleasant at all!
~ NAM Team Member

metasmurf

Umeå, Sweden

Webcam image captured a few minutes ago

-3 celcius, heavy snow-fall

BigSlark

It was a warm and sunny 68 F or 20 C in Jackson, MS, USA today.

It felt like springtime, not the week before Christmas...

Cheers,
Kevin

Shadow Assassin

It's colder than usual here. About 15C right now, will be 23 tomorrow (average is normally up in the high 20s - 27, 28)

It's odd. It's supposed to be summer, yet this is the first time ever that we've had a December average that's actually lower than the October and November averages.

Then again, the Antarctic regions are experiencing record levels of ice growth...
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Vario80

-2.8°C (27°F) at the moment and partly cloudy.
The temperature is forecasted to drop until about -6°C tonight.
That would be the coldest temperature in this winter season (so far it hasn't dropped below -4.5°C).
If the sky clears up completely then we could reach the -6, so we will see.
Avatar: Atlantic Hotel Sail City- The new landmark of Bremerhaven

A200

Today is a fine Sunday morning in inner Brisbane. It is Autumn here, but it hasn't got cold yet, it is still quite warm  ??? and it stays warm until May (normally) when one day the temperature normally drops by like 12 degrees C from 28 to 16 or 15.

&idea  then winters here.

But it is the day of equal hours (12hr dark, 12hr night) which is I think during the week sometime. Its sort of funny, it gets dark earlier and earlier but you never notice until its like 6:20PM and its already dark (in summer, it can be light as 7pm or later) and then in winter it gets dark at like 5pm or 5:30!  $%Grinno$%

We don't have DST here, so its the same time all year round. But I like it in summer where it gets light at like 4AM and you can do stuff at early hours in the morning.  ???  I remember a few times waking up at 3am (still dark) and deciding to get up and do stuff. Of course, thats pretty bad for the biological clock!

:-\  My least favourite thing about the approaching winter is when I have after school events to attend (some end at 5pm) and it usually takes me till 6pm to get home, so in winter on quite a few occasions I hop off the bus im complete darkness and trot down our streets in the shadows like a prowling cat  :satisfied:

O well, winter is unavoidable. Mayse well brace it for all its glory...

Vario80

It snowed a bit here yesterday and last night, first snow cover since February 2007!
As a winternut, i'm loving it.  :) :satisfied:

N1_2888

Source: http://teletext.orf.at/

Hohe Warte:
   Vienna, 19th district, domicile of the "Zentralanstalt für Meteorologie und Geodynamik" (ZAMG)
   (Central Institute for Meteorology and Geodynamics)
Innere Stadt:
   City centre, 1st district
Flughafen:
   Vienna International Airport (actually outside of Vienna near the town Schwechat)

heiter - fair
stark bewölkt - mostly cloudy

Übelkeit nach Osterfeiern? - Sickness after Easter? :D

Meine Region E Pluribus Unum

CasperVg

Snow! (2 cms...). It hasn't snowed during winter, and now its spring and it snowed...  %wrd
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

sebes

Quote from: caspervg on March 24, 2008, 10:44:47 PM
Snow! (2 cms...). It hasn't snowed during winter, and now its spring and it snowed...  %wrd
And of course the entire nation came to complete standstill again... what is this ?
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

blade2k5

Snowing :bomb: again :angrymore:  I think Mother Nature has her seasons screwed up...calendar says it's spring, but feels more like the dead of winter :(  Man I hate winter.....

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

pagenotfound

19º F (-7.22 Cº) under fair skies

yesterday at this time it was 50º F (10 Cº)

then tomorrow its going to be 45º F (7.22 Cº)
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

Meastro444

Quote from: sebes on March 25, 2008, 01:04:57 PM
And of course the entire nation came to complete standstill again... what is this ?
typical aint it Sebes? 2 years ago on 25 novembre it was heavy snowfall too! it was my mothers birthday, yet some people couldnt come.

right now its shiny 20 degrees!
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

Vario80

Very warm yesterday with a high of 25°C, also the water temperature of some places on the Northsea Coast have reached a bathable level.:) 
No rain forecasted here at least til Friday next week though... &mmm this will become a very dry May,
so far only 6 mm have fallen this month...

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Shadow Assassin

And I'll do what Pat did. Here's the forecast for my area:

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
See my uploads on the LEX!

paroch

It's hot here - hotter than the BBC forecast suggests!

Off to football this afternoon - glad I'm watching and not playing in this weather.

penguin007

Even hotter where I am Paroch!! Feel quite smug the UK being hotter than australia

sunny weather all week apparently with highs of 26 celsius today

but why does the good weather have to come when you have exams? Why?