• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: El-Rail over Avenue

Started by memo, March 08, 2013, 09:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

memo

Some progress on the T21 files. These networks now blend in with the surroundings perfectly. So far, this requires 582 individual T21 files.

droric

Quote from: memo on October 16, 2013, 10:43:20 AM

Looking awesome.  Guess I need to step up my game with getting my station finished ;)

PC Specs: i2700k @ 4.9 Ghz, 16 GB @ 1600-8-9-8-16, 2X GTX 580 SLI, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3R, 120 GB Vertex 3 SDD, 3 TB RAID1, 1200W SilentGold, Antec P180B case, Win 8 x64 Pro

Meastro444

Awesome. I hope it was largely copy and paste. 582 files is a lot.
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

gn_leugim

Gugu3

Swordmaster

I'm gonna make that five by saying: awesome! Great work Markus.

If the next poster doesn't use the word "awesome", that would be awful.

Cheers
Willy

samerton

Simcoug

Indiana Joe

sunv123

Amazi Awesome work! :thumbsup:

Those curves :o
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

APSMS

It looks even more awesome when it's functional (Willy you just had to say something, didn't you?).

582 sounds like a lot, but I have little (actually none) reference to go by. How does the ELRoAVE determine the median T21? Or is it baked in? I think I see two different planter boxes, but I could be wrong.

With this I might actually start using EL-Rail over Road now, too!
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

droric

Well I have a small station update to add.  My station seems to be coming along nicely and I am finally happy with the exterior since I have changed it to more accurately reflect the stainless over glass look that Morgan-Lake actually has.

I think since the model is offset the lighting is a bit off on the side view.  Or perhaps that's what stainless is supposed to look like under similar lighting conditions.

PC Specs: i2700k @ 4.9 Ghz, 16 GB @ 1600-8-9-8-16, 2X GTX 580 SLI, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3R, 120 GB Vertex 3 SDD, 3 TB RAID1, 1200W SilentGold, Antec P180B case, Win 8 x64 Pro

memo

If I may say so, that definitely looks awesome! It's a great improvement of the overall look. :thumbsup:

Quote from: droric on October 16, 2013, 10:51:02 AM
Guess I need to step up my game with getting my station finished ;)

No need to hurry though. There's always something left to do. ;)

Quote from: Meastro444 on October 16, 2013, 11:37:04 AM
Awesome. I hope it was largely copy and paste. 582 files is a lot.

Well, kind of. Positioning the supports at intersections was a lot of manual work, but concerning the medians and sidewalks, once I found the initial configuration, it was indeed copy and paste. Fortunately, I am able to automate this nowadays.

Quote from: APSMS on October 16, 2013, 06:52:50 PM
582 sounds like a lot, but I have little (actually none) reference to go by. How does the ELRoAVE determine the median T21? Or is it baked in? I think I see two different planter boxes, but I could be wrong.

The number of T21 files soon multiplies, if a uniform distribution of props is intended. Even more so, if one mixes different configurations, for example, the street lights are uniformly placed at every other tile, but you should be able to place the supports independently of this. Maxis did the same thing and has shipped quite a number of T21 files.

I tried to accomplish a look similar to the Maxis Avenues. However, those make use of 35 different median props and quite a lot of T21 variety, so I decided to use a subset. For example, I left out the industrial medians. So, the median props are chosen based on wealth type ($,$$,$$$) and zoning density (none vs. low vs. medium/high). Moreover, there are about one to four different median props that are randomly chosen for each configuration. You can see all three different wealth types in the pictures.

Kuewr665

Bipin

Great work with that station!  &apls

vortext

Quote from: Bipin on October 18, 2013, 04:24:51 AM
Great Awesome work with that station!  &apls

Fixed that for you!  ;D

Seriously, awesome job!
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Indiana Joe

You killed it Bipin.   $%Grinno$%

The glass textures look awesome Droric.  From looking at pictures and satellite imagery, the walls seem a little lighter or more transparent than what you have.  But that's just me.  Depends on the angle of course.

Bipin

Yeah, awesome work there droric!

Quote from: Indiana Joe on October 18, 2013, 06:22:38 PM
You killed it Bipin.   $%Grinno$%

It's dead, Jim! :P

Meeston

i think i'm vote on the El-Rail over Avenue. also. Manila and other cities also having El-Rail over Avenue. the El-Rail over RD-4 is not possible in the real world. so. i'm vote on El-Rail over Avenue.

check this photo. this is the Manila MRT Blue Line. created in the middle of a avenue.
this is Meeston. the best SimCity gamer.

Kuewr665

I thought both would be done.

Also, I do not think an avenue is under that railroad; maybe a creek. That reminds me of a few parts of Line 2 in Seoul.