• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Umm... help?

Started by Comeon225, December 18, 2011, 04:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Comeon225

Can someone tell me what's happening?
(I actually checked with Cleanitol. It said that there's no dependecies missing.)

jmyers2043

Quote from: Comeon225 on December 18, 2011, 04:57:28 PM
.... It said that there's no dependecies missing ...

Well I beg to differ. I can tell because you have no buildings which are probably props and the runway has the visual glitch which means you also do not have the texture files either.

By any chance when you ran cleanitall - did you run it after loading the AC files or before? Cleanitall can be used for two different purposes. One to check for missing dependencies and the other to remove files. Either operation should be done before installation of the main files. The good news is that Cleanitall doesn't delete files. It simply moves them to a different folder. And in that folder there is a  batch file that will put things back.

Your options are to either download the dependencies again or run the batch file.

Good Luck

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Comeon225

I did use the Cleanitol_ACAirports_2.1---1.GetDependencies.txt file.
Also, this problem also occur for Maxis parks, too.

Voltaire

This Lot (a stage 1 Prefab) only uses MAXIS ground textures which shipped with the game, specifically inside SimCity_2.dat. If you can't see basic MAXIS textures, it means there's something more serious going on besides missing dependencies.

I'm also concerned that none of the flora props (trees & bushes) are showing -- because they're all from SimCity_1.dat, another file which shipped with the game.

The only reasons not to see these textures/props are:
1) vanilla SC4 is installed (as opposed to Deluxe or Rush Hour)
2) damaged main game files

To determine where to go from here, we need to see exactly which kind of SimCity you're playing. Also, please go into the Options panel and turn up City Detail to the highest setting, and retake the photo. Low city detail settings can hide many props... if the trees come back with the higher setting, it's one less problem to worry about.

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs

Comeon225

OK - I've think I've fixed it:
I reinstalled SC4 Deluxe (That's my version, and I bought it on Steam) with my 13+ GB's worth of plugins. No luck.
Then I removed the plugins and then the graphics worked! :o
Maybe it was a conflict or something? Because this thing only happened AFTER I installed the functional airport.
....and I can't BELIEVE that I'm typing to Voltaire, the AIRPORT WHIZ HIMSELF!!! (SQEE)