• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Beaujolais Valley - Country of The Ten Villages

Started by Steamrobin, July 24, 2009, 05:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steamrobin

Welcome to my first ever City Journal focused on a rural country I will create with the help of Purple, my lover in real life. She is passionate by wine (but not alcoholic !) and I am passionate by SC4 (and surely addict...). Our goals for this country and CJ are multiples: talking about one of the best French wine country (beyond the "Beaujolais Nouveau"); creating a French inspired rural country; showing and testing some of my Bat and Lots (like my Ruralset)... Enjoy !

Note : I have started this CJ in Simtropolis but I wanted to share it with SC4D community as my first try to participate on this site. Till now, I didn't dare to participate here... But at this moment, after 3 months spent to read forums and to try to bat/Lot ( Steamrobin Ruralset ) I feel ok to make a try here.
Thanks for your indulgence ^^

Visit my CJ : Beaujolais Valley - Country of The Ten Villages
(A cooperative Rural Country made with the Help of Purple)

Visit my Ruralset Projects
(showcases and discussion about my Bat/lots)

rooker1

Steamrobin,
Welcome to SC4D.  Not too sure why you would never dare to participatet til now, we are all very friendly here and really enjoy seeing new MDs.
I look forward to seeing what you have for us.  If you need anything just drop me a PM!

Hope to see you around a lot more.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Steamrobin

Thank for your welcome rooker1.
In fact, this site appears quite elitist as the contents are so marvelous and well done.
No matter, I have finally dared to enter here !

Steamrobin

Next entries in this journal will show the steps of the Beaujolais Valley country map creation, each of the main villages creation, showcases of the SC4 custom contents I will use (some made by myself), infos about wines and wine growing...

I must thank Purple for the help she accepts to provide to me to try to make this Journal the best it could !

For a first glance at the real Beaujolais country, visit :
www.home-attitudes.com/beaujolais_content.html

Now, Ladies and Gentleman, please, let me show you one screen I made to give you an idea of the spirit of the work we will do here :
(Comments and feedbacks are very welcome here, about all the subjects covered by our CJ).

Vineyards and rural items (except of the rural trails) are part of my Ruralset (Steamrobin Ruralset on the Stex), some are in touch for a next release (Vineyards and Rural Cabins).

Below, a map I made that show the Ten Villages we will focused on and the SC4 country map border I will create :

Keep in touch !

Steamrobin

At this early step, I am switching between google map, google earth and some sources I already have about wines.
Hard to fix what will be exactly the limits of this region, but I can show you this map that is surely the good one as all the villages and some other scenic places are presents (Belleville Highway and harbor for example).
Your feedbacks are welcome to improve or correct this step.

As you can see, it will be a small country map of 6 big cities (approx. 4 km width).

Splime

Wow, this looks great! I'm also a fan of your rural set, so I'll have to keep a close eye on this MD!

kwakelaar

Welcome to SC4D from me as well, and what a great start you have prepared for us. The image with the vineyards looks terrific and I really like the header that you are using. Looking forward to more.

Ennedi

That's a really great presentation of the region, and you first ingame picture looks very promisive! :thumbsup:

I had a close contact with Beaujolais  :D (not in the region you present, but on the Atlantic Coast near Biarritz) and these are very nice memories for me  :)

Welcome at SC4D and good luck in the MD section!

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Battlecat

Beautiful first shot there, it looks great!  Great work on that map as well.  I'm looking forward to seeing what you've got coming next.

Now then, I believe I'm going to pop over to the STEX to snag your rural set, looks like you've created some fantastic items to work with!

dizflip

Please visit my MD! Also, come over to the League of Nations and be a part of it! We'd love to see you there!

djvandrake

Your vineyards are beautiful!  Very well done.  &apls

beutelschlurf

moin Steamrobin,

wow, what a teaser_pic! looks really promising ...  :thumbsup:
... i'm curious what the rest of the region looks like!

b_schlurf

Bobbi

@Steamrobin,
I think this MD will be interesting.

------------------------
Votre "Rural set" est très beau. :D (Sorry for my poor words and bad grammar :'( )

Bobbi :thumbsup:

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

danielcote

looks beautiful and I look forward to seeing more custom content.

Glowbal

Tomas Neto

Steamrobin

@ Splime : Thank a lot. Keep in touch for next release of my Ruralset ^^

@ kwakelaar : Thank a lot.  worked hard for the header...

@ Ennedi : Specially for you : "à ta santé" ! ;o))

@ Battlecat : Many thanks. Let me know what you think about my set...

@ : dizflip : Thank a lot. It was really was my goal to try something very realistic...

@ : djvandrake : Thank you, djvandrake, even if I know some glitch I have yet to correct on them...

@ beutelschlurf : Many thanks. Hope to not disappoint you !

@ Bobbi : Merci beaucoup ! Your french is not so bad. Better than my english I think ! ^^

@ danielcote : Many thanks. Even if I d prefer time than luck to continue my project ^^

Tomas Neto : Many "wow" thanks ^^

And thanks to all the visitors...

Steamrobin

Pffff...
I worked really hard the last days (almost one week) to create my SC4 map for the Beaujolais Valley.
Often, I thought to give it up since it was sometime so difficult and discouraging.
But now, after many many search in google to find a contour map of the Beaujolais country and many many tries to create one, I have made one that I find pretty good for my need !

I have prepared a poster to show it to you and some give you some explanations about my process and my difficulties.

More to come...

PS : if someone, now, tell me that the map I was searching exists and is free, I ll surely die... ;o))

rooker1

Steamrobin.....interesting name to along with a very interesting start to an MD.  I wonder how you came up with that name. 
I'm glad you didn't give up on the map, although I do have to agree with you about terraforming, I find it very difficult at the best of times.  Anyways, I think you did a fantastic job.
One last little point....please put your replies and your new post together in one post as advancement through the different MD sections is based on post count.  Thanks in advance. ;)

I look forward to seeing more from you,
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Albus of Garaway

Everything's looking great! Putting that map together clearly looks like it too a lot of work, so I commend you for that. I love the picture you provided of the vineyard. It looks very nice.