• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Beaujolais Valley - Country of The Ten Villages

Started by Steamrobin, July 24, 2009, 05:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steamrobin

@ Nardo69 : What is "that fort" you are talking about ?

@ Bernhard  : Thanks my friend ^^

Now, place to this new update, focused on the south french buildings improvement.
I hope you will like it.
Thank for your comments !

Visit my CJ : Beaujolais Valley - Country of The Ten Villages
(A cooperative Rural Country made with the Help of Purple)

Visit my Ruralset Projects
(showcases and discussion about my Bat/lots)

art128

First of all, my apologize for not commenting before, I've read this MD, but never commented.  &mmm
The last update is outstanding, your south french houses are magnificent, the ads painted on the wall are a fantastic details that make the update very interesting. It's also a great dedication to Hergé and it's awesome work on the comics. Bon travail !
take care,
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Battlecat

Steamrobin

@ art128  : thanks a lot. i saw your CJ and I m sure I'll return often ^^

@ Battlecat  : Many thanks for you enthusiastic comment !

Just a little update to bring some lights about these painted walls.
As all pictures are inspired by "Les aventures de Tintin", the comics by Hergé.
Who know why there is a Nougat called "Tchouk Tchouk" ?
;D

calibanX

Well this is just fantastic. You have a great artistic skill. I'm going to watch this MD very closely. I'm glad you came over from .....that other site.

Take care.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

djvandrake

&apls  That looks great!  The care you're putting into your buildings is evident and it looks great.

I also like your flower garden in the shape of a "B".  :P  The mosaic/collage presentation is very pleasing as well.

danielcote

Nice signs! And do you want to make orange or white versions of those Bats? It would look less repetative.

Steamrobin

@ calibanX : Thanks a lot even if I don't find myself the half of what you said.  I saw so many great talents here. It gives great humility...  &mmm

@ calibanX : Many thanks ! I did this "B Garden" some time before. I wanted to create a sort of "ABC-book" gardens. As the city name of Belleville start with the B letter, I decided to use it since it was one of the first "ABC-Garden" I did. I wanted to finish this collection and put it on the stex (or Lex if ever I have the honor to upload stuffs on it...). But time is lacking...

@ danielcote : I am happy you found nice these signs. They gave me big trouble while trying to create them. As I wanted to make them individual props instead of putting them on some buildings I had many tries to do before deciding to put them on transparency box. First time I work with Alpha layers on GMax... About other variations on details, yes, I plan to create one or two different walls and roof textures. I even plan to create some props, like chimney top and doors, to put them on the originals models and to randomize them by the alternative prop family method. Not sure to do this now as I am really impatient to go further in the map creation of Belleville. I will surely do such improvements for the release of this set. 

PS : I am a big fan of your Monument Valley, Geoff. I think you deserve much more compliments than me ^^

Sciurus

Just excellent, I love that. But on the sign, what's this village? I the midi i suppose $%Grinno$%
Beautiful, the real french country &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

WC_EEND

When I look at your MD, it feels like I'm looking at the real city &apls

PS: as a Belgian, I must say I like this Belgian touch :D I grew up with Tintin comic books, so I get you referecnce completely :P
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Bobbi

Salut,
Les signes sont excellents et intéressants. :o Et je n'ai pas vu ces vues du village en France.  :o &apls

QuoteAnd best than my Chinese...
Apprends-tu le chinois?  ()what()

------------------------
QuotePS : longe is the word for a horse furniture, longue is the word you wanted to say I presume
I have many things to learn, especially vocabularies. And there's a long way to go. :-[ (At least, I think my French has a bit of progress this time. :D )

Bobbi :thumbsup:

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Bluemoose

I love this CJ
Very beautiful BATs, and nice towns

Steamrobin

Some thanks :

@ Sciurus : Merci Guillaume. Je n'ai pas encore ouvert tes panneaux électoraux,, ce sera pour la prochaine mise à jour. Merci de les partager...

@ WC_EEND : Thanks a lot ! I hope you feel it even more realistic in this new update !

@ Bobbi : Merci encore Bobbi ! Hélas, je n'apprends pas le chinois. Mais j'aimerai que ma fille l'apprenne car c'est une belle langue, riche de culture et de promesses pour l'avenir.

@ Bluemoose : Thanks a lot Bluemose. I hope to please you more with the future updates. At the moment, this country and these cities are at their very early moments...

Now, the update !

Since I am (almost) happy with my typicals south French Buildings I started to build the small town of Belleville.
The result at this step is quite pleasing enough to show you some views.
hope you would like it even if many works is still necessary to improve all this.
Please, don't pay attention to the many details that are wrong or laking...
And forgive me for my english ^^

Your feedbacks are very welcome !

Steamrobin Beaujolais ValleySteamrobin Beaujolais ValleySteamrobin Beaujolais ValleySteamrobin Beaujolais ValleySteamrobin Beaujolais Valley

Steamrobin

To end this new entry, let me publish here 2 sceneries I like. Not really finished, but pretty good for my eyes...

Steamrobin Beaujolais ValleySteamrobin Beaujolais Valley

Steamrobin Beaujolais ValleySteamrobin Beaujolais Valley

Sciurus

Magnificent!!! And where did you find the walls next to the railway on the second image please? And is the highway the A7? :thumbsup:

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Bobbi

Très beau. Quoique il y a un peu de détails. &apls
-----------------------
Very beautiful. Although there're a few details. &apls

Bobbi :thumbsup:

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Nardo69

@Guillaume: I think these walls are JeroniJ's - Seawalls v2 but I am not sure.

Nice update. Now I understand what you once posted (over at ST I think) that in your opinion the ingame trees would fit better that the custom ones - they do fit well in a southern Europe environment presenting the rather small trees there. They would also fit well in a macchia.

What I don't like are these bulps at the beginnings / ends of your bridges and NAM bridges. They are necessary for using the T-onslope pieces but after finishing the bridge works they should be removed IMHO. Try the street-patch-method first, if it doesn't work (happens from time to time) use the mayor mode terrain flattening tool.

Anyway - the atmosphere surely IS french - et ça me fais plaîsir! 

Take care

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Scarton

Great job!. Your CJ is absolutely marvelous! What water mod are you using? (it's really dirty)

Steamrobin

@ Sciurus : Thanks Guillaume. About your question, yes, Bernhard is true, these walls are JeroniJ's - Seawalls v2

@ Bobbi : Merci en core mon ami, ton soutien me fait toujours plaisir ^^

@ Nardo 69 : Thanks for your very authorized encouragements, my friend ^^ About these bulps you are speaking about  I am not sure of what you meant. I know these bridges are not perfect, but I am not sure of what details you are talking. Could you explain  your thought ?

@ citycapitalizer : Thanks for your nice compliment. About water mod, I am not using anyone. It's only the Maxis Water that takes colors of the Missouri Breaks mod I am using. I find it really interesting to keep a good harmony between ground and trees...

gottago

Bonjour Steamrobin

I just came across your CJ and enjoyed looking at your updates very much. You just wrote this:

Quote from: Steamrobin on August 24, 2009, 02:52:43 AM
I find it really interesting to keep a good harmony between ground and trees...

...and it is a very good aesthetic insight, and you have achieved it in your region. Very good work.  &apls

My only comment is that I would avoid using too many retaining walls around highways and rail lines, and work more to model and slope the land to accommodate them "naturally." In real life, retaining walls are very expensive to build, and engineers will instead use earthen embankments in rural areas to save costs. This would also allow you to landscape the embankments with trees and shrubs along their edges. 

...and also, you are right to have a lot of roundabouts for your roads--I never saw as many in my life as I did when I visited this region ;)