• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Beaujolais Valley - Country of The Ten Villages

Started by Steamrobin, July 24, 2009, 05:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sciurus

Hello SteamRobin!

I love the beaujolais (but I don't drink it of course, I cannot $%Grinno$%). So, you come from France, and are you born in the region you're doing? Because it should be very interesting how you reproduce it ;). The region you chose is very nice, I passed there when I went to holidays to Grasse (06).
Very nice region :thumbsup:

Guillaume
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Battlecat

Beautiful job on that map, it looks wonderful!  Can't wait to see how it all begins!

Bobbi

Bonjour Steamrobin,
Bon travail ,l'ami! La carte et le terrain sont beau.
J'aime beaucoup ton MD. :P

-------------
I can't wait to see the next update :)

Keep going!!!

Bobbi :thumbsup:

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Steamrobin

First, some answers :
@ rooker1 : Hihi... I was thinking the same thing about your name ! My Pseudo is made from my first name which is... Robin ^^ Thanks for your compliment !
@ Albus of Garaway : Thank a lot. I did some improvements on the vineyard. Hope you would like them even better when I will publish them...
@ Sciurus : Merci pour tes encouragements. No, I am not from this country. I am from Lille. Quite the opposite... For no-french people, Lille is at the top north of France.
@ Battlecat : Thanks a lot. I hope this update will please to you.
@ Bobbi : Salut mon ami ! I hope you d like this update. Et Mille mercis pour tes encouragements !

Then, the (big) update :

For the next updates, I plan to create more houses and buildings to be able to finish Belleville and start a place with vineyards and small villages (although not yet the "famous ten").
I will surely create some very visual shop signs devoted to this country (wine, restaurants, etc.) and will try to create family props to give some random to the growth or plop of my houses and buildings.
Keep in touch !

Visit my CJ : Beaujolais Valley - Country of The Ten Villages
(A cooperative Rural Country made with the Help of Purple)

Visit my Ruralset Projects
(showcases and discussion about my Bat/lots)

danielcote

Wow thats really awsome!  :) the best thing I can make in bat is a box  &mmm

Sciurus

It's very very beautiful! :o &apls &apls But you should download the european road mod on the LEX, it's better for European cities ;) And your BATs are nice too, I love it &apls. Ah, you also discovered the geoportail, very interesting. I'm inspiring of it to do my imaginary maps. ;)
Me, I come from Lorraine (in the N-E of France)

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture

Steamrobin

@ danielcote : Thanks a lot my friend

@ Sciurus : Merci pour le conseil. I have so many things to handle.
For now, I am fighting with all the versions I found in the Stex and the Lex for the embankments, the roads and the trees. Many are beautiful but not suitable for my needs. Beside, I am not sure to have the good version of this european road mod. Would you be kind enough to give me the link ? Merci d'avance ^^

H72387

Very cool rural area, great job with the maps also.  :thumbsup:
Peter - AZ, USA
Visit Clark County

Bobbi

Bonjour Steamrobin,
La zone rurale est beau. Et ces buildings sont spéciaux... :o

----------------
Keep going &apls

Yan077

C'est superbe l'ami lillois, je n'aime pas le beaujolais (normal je suis bordelais $%Grinno$%) mais j'adore ta ville et surtout tes bats !!
superb my friend ! I  don't like the Beaujolais I prefer wines from bordeaux, but I really like your city, and very nice personnal bats  :thumbsup: will you upload these bats?  I m very very very very interested !!! $%Grinno$%
As Guillaume said you absolutely need the european roads textures   ;)

Battlecat

Wow!  Beautiful work on those new buildings!  You're going to have a very unique region as you work through this! 

Gaston

QuoteAs Guillaume said you absolutely need the european roads textures   

Je suis d'accord avec tout ce.   J'aime les bâtiments.    Ils ressemblent à des photos de la vraie France.    Vous devriez songer à les rendre disponibles sur le LEX.    C'est vraiment une magnifique travail.    Merci de partager avec nous.

I agree with this entirely.    I love the buildings.    They look like the real pictures of France.    You should think about making them available on the LEX.    This is some truely magnificent work.    Thanks for sharing with us.

---Gaston

白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

djvandrake

Very nice!  Your houses look very much like those in the picture.  :thumbsup:  I've never been to Beaujolais and now I want to go even more.   &apls

Steamrobin

@ H72387 : Many thanks !
@ Bobbi : Merci cher ami. En disant "spéciaux", tu veux dire "exceptionnels", n'est ce pas ? Car "spéciaux" pourrait-être un peu péjoratif ! lol ^^
@ Yan077 : Guillaume et toi allez être content : I am installing the good files for the euro road texture. Euh, I hope ^^ So many plugins, so many versions. A game in a game to find the good ones !
@ Battlecat : Many thanks. I hope, effectively, that this Beaujolais Valley will be somewhat unique...
@ Gaston : Of course I will share these Bats and Lots. As soon as I will be completely satisfy by them. So many improvements are yet to do... Thans for your encouragements (and patience...) !
@ djvandrake : May I tell you something really secret ? Me neither I ve never been in Beaujolais ! Happily, my fiancée, Purple, knows it pretty well. And she gives me a lot of help while creating the map but also, some sort of coaching while creating my Bats and lots. In fact, I went neer Beaujolais many times, but each time, I was on the Highway that cross the France from North to "côte d'Azur". For sure, next time I can, I will spent some time there... But, for now, chutttt ! That is a scret between us, ok ?

Now, may I post here some infos relative to the plugins I am using to go further in the discussion we had about euro road textures ?
It was not an easy task to find the good road plugins, nor all the other "good" stuffs around...
Since I am "working" (!) again on SC4 only from a few monthes, I had to check all these new stuffs like plugins and tools to manage or create them.
For my own needs, I use to take screenshots of my SimCity4 StartupManager directories in goal to keep a sort of log of my development profil. In case of the need to recreate one profil after a crash (I had this issue sometime...). Of course, I often backup the SimCity 4 StartupManager.cfg file (at the root of the simcity4 folder).

So, I find it a good to publish here my plugins screenshots, in goal to share our knowledge about the best plugins or to give someone infos about what plugins I am using in my Beaujolais Valley.

Among this, I find it a good way to give tribute to the authors of all these marvelous plugins !

]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/2909/pluginslisting01r1c1.jpg
]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/5141/pluginslisting01r3c1.jpg
]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4838/pluginslisting01r5c1.jpg
]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/2302/pluginslisting01r7c1.jpg
]

PS : I can't publish this entry without paying a tribute to the author of SimCity 4 StartupManager, Jean-Luc Picard. A really usefull tool even if pretty hard to handle at the begining. Actually, I could not work without it and I strongly recommand it ! Below, a screen of this tool while editing the profils.

[img alt=]http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/1595/simcity4startupmanager.jpg[/img]

Feedback are really welcome !

Sciurus

Ohlala!! The number of different plugins! :'( Make folders, beacause when you search something, I understand you don't find $%Grinno$%. So, I adive you to do many folders, and to class your plugins by author, or by thing it is (school, hospital...) ;)
Parce que, quel bordel que c'est! :D Sur ce, je te souhaite bonne chance, et content que tu ais téléchargé la bonne version de l'EuroMod ::)
Ah aussi, si tu as un soucis quelconque, MP moi, je suis là pour ça ;) J'essaye d'aider les gens.
Translation : Because, what a mess!. So, I wish you good luck, and I'm happy you downloaded the good version of the EuroMord ::)
Ah, if you have a problem, PM me, I'm threr for that ;) I try to help people.

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture

Steamrobin

@ Sciurus : lol... If you take a look again on that (not so long) list you will see that almost all the folders are opened. But, in fact, when these folders are closed, it appears that they are classified. Sometime by thematic (Residential, other...) or by team (BSC, Pegasus, etc.). I ve tried lot of classification and ofr now, this one, that mix some logics is the best for my use. But I am really curious to see other's screens. A curiosity that was very strong at the early beginning of my search for plugins...

Bobbi

Salut Steamrobin,
La liste est longe. :o

But there're many useless thing, you can remove them. ;)
------------
Quote@ Bobbi : Merci cher ami. En disant "spéciaux", tu veux dire "exceptionnels", n'est ce pas ? Car "spéciaux" pourrait-être un peu péjoratif ! lol ^^
You know, my words are too poor. :-[
Donc je parle très difficilement et lentement avec Guillaume(Sciurus) . (Maybe there's a grammar mistake &mmm)

------------
And when will your "ruralset v2" update? :)

Steamrobin

@ Bobbi : You french is really not so bad. And best than my Chinese... About my plugins, yes, I have to clean it up. But I am still testing few things like trees for example. I am really not sure to use customed ones even if I must admit that they are really nice. About these trees, I find them to much detailed and often too colored for my need. What I like in Maxis trees is that they are quite discreet, they act on the map like a layer with not to much details to distract the eyes for from the focus we are searching. I find some tree really convenients for maps like 3Rivers but in my case, I like to keep them visibility low. But, as I am not sure yet of my final decision or to have the good ones, I am still trying them and don't remove them from my list...
Baside this, if you notice some other plugins that I could deactivate, tell me. It could be interesting for me to have your advice... PS : longe is the word for a horse furniture, longue is the word you wanted to say I presume ^^

Nardo69

Salu steamrobin!

Je t'ai di dans notre MP que je va vener ... quand j'ai dit a mon ami Dave (tooheys): Le vacance ils sont finis!  :D

Ooookay ... even though the Alsace and therefore the Frensch border isn't far away from here my English is way better then my French ...

Anyway: There's a lot of work and preparation in your MD, even BATs (I never got there ...) and the first pictures look great.

I am patriculary curious about that fort and how you did it as there is almost nothing adequate available for any Kind fortifications younger than Middle Age - be it Vauban Style like e.G. Neuf Brisach be it the masonry or concrete bunkers of e.G. Reims or Verdun.

For the trees I would try Simfox's trees. IMHO they are state of the art at the moment.

Take care!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

djvandrake

@ djvandrake : May I tell you something really secret ? Me neither I ve never been in Beaujolais ! Happily, my fiancée, Purple, knows it pretty well. And she gives me a lot of help while creating the map but also, some sort of coaching while creating my Bats and lots. In fact, I went neer Beaujolais many times, but each time, I was on the Highway that cross the France from North to "côte d'Azur". For sure, next time I can, I will spent some time there... But, for now, chutttt ! That is a scret between us, ok ?

:D  your "secret" is safe with me!  Maybe you've not been to the real life Beaujolais, but the one you're creating is wonderful too.  :thumbsup: