• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VDK Customer Support

Started by vester, March 16, 2007, 04:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vester

Quote from: rjamesp1 on July 15, 2010, 11:44:51 PM
Hello. I downloaded VDK trammod Vol3.
right now the problem is... i dont know how to install only one tram mod in the plug ins.. :\

i installed shmails glr station for my tram system.
another problem was that i dont see any tram in the city :(

when i installed the exe in the plug ins, it showed a file name and a folder containing the images of the trams...

do i have to choose and leave one among the images? can you show me how to choose one tram mod from vdk vol3 and how to install it in the plug ins section? please

()what()

thanks in advance

Not sure I follow you, but here goes:

Click on the plus to unfold:

Then pick the tram you want to install or click all. If you click all you will need to copy one of the files.
EDIT: Was thinking of Vol. 04.

Please DO READ the readme then.

Remember! You can only have one mod installed.

mattheww20650

Hey

Is it possible to shorten the length of the trams??
They get much too long and unrealistic.

Regards,
mattheww20650

TiFlo

I believe the number of cars is based on the amount of commuters, just like trains. The more passengers using your tram network, the longer the tram.

Ottoh11

looks great, but same problems with me as i am using a Mac and File juicer quits working on this one. could you send it (Tram mod vol. 3 & 4) to me per PM as well?

thx in advance

hhf_05

Will the tram included with any lighting system @ night?

kirillv

Hi,

I installed the mod but still have a problem: when I have SBFT stations, I get default and installed trains running through each other. Read the readme, nothing helps. :-/

vester

Haven't seen that, maybe you could post a picture of it ?

Which mod is it you have installed ?

kirillv

Yeah it looks like this:

I have the BSC SFBT GLR Tram Mod and the VDK GLR Train Mods Vol 4

vester

Guess its the way spawning from the SFBT GLR Tram mod works.
What the VDK mod does is just replace the default el-trains.

Andreas

@kirillv: As vester said, the SFBT stations are spawning custom tram automata, which "interfers" like that if you don't use the El-Rail automata blocker (BSC_SFBT_glr_light_rail_no_el-train_automata.dat) that is included in the BSC SFBT GLR Tram Mod (this would block the Maxis automata, or any other tram mod that replaces the Maxis El-Rail automata). But if you want to use vester's excellent trams, simply remove the four "BSC_SFBT_glr_light_rail_automata_*.dat" files from the SFBT folder instead.
Andreas

kirillv

Quote from: Andreas on April 29, 2011, 04:06:41 AM
@kirillv: As vester said, the SFBT stations are spawning custom tram automata, which "interfers" like that if you don't use the El-Rail automata blocker (BSC_SFBT_glr_light_rail_no_el-train_automata.dat) that is included in the BSC SFBT GLR Tram Mod (this would block the Maxis automata, or any other tram mod that replaces the Maxis El-Rail automata). But if you want to use vester's excellent trams, simply remove the four "BSC_SFBT_glr_light_rail_automata_*.dat" files from the SFBT folder instead.

Oh alright thanks.  :thumbsup:

angelos8181

Hi!
First of all, I need to say that i have recently explored this site and feel very grateful for what one can find in here.
Now to my question, I have installed the tram according to the instructions, but my problem is that there is no tram running in the city at all :(
I seem to have all depencies required too.
Is there something I have missed, or something I should think about when installing?
what could otherwise cause that no trains/trams are running in the city?

thank you!

vester

There is a few things you can do:

1. Change the graphic settings inside the game

2. Change or make changes to onehe NAM plug-ins. There is a read me in the NAM folder:
[documents]....\SimCity 4\Plugins\Network Addon Mod\Documentation.

EDIT:
Can't remember which file it is you need to change.
Did a little reading in the 10B.Automata_Plugin_Files.htm. It's the Automata_Plug-in files you need to change.
There 3 standard files to pick from:
"..._Standard"
"..._Automata24_..."
"..._Radical_..."

Did install "NetworkAddonMod_Automata_Plugin_Radical_Automata24.dat" myself, but I need to see some automata to be able to take pictures of the trams.

If you use the route query, do you have any trafic on the glr lines ?

angelos8181

Hi again,

Thanx for your quick reply!

Well, I have found the folder [documents]....\SimCity 4\Plugins\Network Addon Mod\Documentation
and also did a little reading in the 10B.Automata_Plugin_Files.htm

Thing is, where to find the "NetworkAddonMod_Automata_Plugin_Radical_Automata24.dat" ?
I only get the standard automata plugin dat-file, it doesn't seem to be any file in my folder with this name (unless I've overlooked it).
Also what kind of "change" should I do? Should I Download/install this file from somewhere?

I don't get any traffic on the glr lines at all, first I thought that it had to do with the stations, so I put some glr-stations and connected them with roads, to see if it works, but nothing passes from there :(

thanx for your support and Merry Christmas!

p.s: I tried to attach a print screen file (.jpg) inside this message, but couldn't find how to attach.

vester

You could get the file from Network Addon as a zip, just remember to remove the file you already have in your folder.

Think this problem is more a nam-problem than a problem with the automata itself, therefore you should do a post in the NAM forum instead..

The best way to post a picture is to host it on one of the free hosting services around, like images imageshack.us or photobucket.com then copy a link to post with the img tags around it:

[img]link to image[/img]
Click on the icon.

imisssimtropolis

Yes, I have the same problem. I don't know how to choose only one of the tram skins to replace the elevated train. LOL

Could you please instruct me on how to do this? Whenever I install it, I try looking for choices, but none. (I only have the readme and the pictures of all the trains), and it always downloads the DART version 3 tram. If you could please instruct me on how to choose only one tram of my choice, it would be very much appreciated, thank you in advance.

P.S : Superb work on the tram mod! Haha, the work and effort you put into it really shows, and your uploading it onto the LEX did not go in vain. Thank you for letting us be able to use this spectacular texture mod. :D

EDIT: AH, sorry, I thought that the last comment on the first page was the only comment, haha! I've resolved the problem, thank you very much. :D

nruff

Hi there this may seem a really dumb question but i dont have trams where i live and been looking at building up a network round my city but cant work out where people get on and off the trams other than converting the track to an elevated rail and building a station is there something im missing??

jmyers2043

Quote from: nruff on May 26, 2012, 01:52:39 PM
Hi there this may seem a really dumb question but i dont have trams where i live and been looking at building up a network round my city but cant work out where people get on and off the trams other than converting the track to an elevated rail and building a station is there something im missing??

The LEX. Left hand margin. Do a category search for Transportation - Rail.  There are some tram stations you can download.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

nruff

will try now thank u sir!!

jasiekz

Hi,
I've got a different question.
I saw the tram skin for model maked by Vester. It was this tram link on stex
Can I use this model too make my own skin. I fit great for old polish "Konstal 105Na" tram. I've lerned how to reskin model from tutorials on this forum, but modeling in 3d is more difficult :)
PS Sorry for my broken engilsh.