• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Can't Figure out which Dependency I am Missing

Started by CahosRahneVeloza, January 06, 2014, 03:50:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CahosRahneVeloza

I'm having an issue with Deadwoods' Oil Field set.

I've collected every Dependency...

BSC Texture MEGA Pack <- I'm guessing this one's Vol01
BSC Essentials Files
BSC MEGA Props SG Vol 01
BSC Mega Props DAE Vol01
BSC Mega Props JES Vol01
BSC MEGA Props RT Vol 01
BSC MEGA Props GascookerVol01
BSCBATProps RT Minecorp Vol 01 <- Now superseded by BSC Mega Props RT Vol04
DEDWD Aussie Windmill
BSC DAE Dirt Track Texture Pack <- Now also a part of  BSC Textures Vol01

...that were listed on the item's Readme but I still get Brown boxes or in this case the replacement red and green markers from PEG's OPPS Mod as shown by this picture:

And here are screenshots of some of my Plugins:

The main Oil fields folder:

So far my BSC Props folder:

Screencap of a section of the main Plugins folder showing the BSC Essentials files:

And my BSC Textures folder so far:

FrankU

Hi,

It might be possible that you miss the dependencies Buildings as props volumes 1 and 2. These are Maxis files and you can find them here: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?page=6
For most users they are so obvious that they forget to list them as dependencies.

Hope this is of any help.

Frank

CahosRahneVeloza

@FrankU: I do don't have those two Dependencies because I have the "Maxis Prop Names and Query Fix" version instead:

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/22400-maxis-prop-names-and-query-fix/

And just to be sure they aren't what I was missing, I actually downloaded them a while back and the result is still the same.

vortext

Saw you earlier on Simpeg with the same issue. Given frustration ran so high you posted on another forum I decided to do a little investigation.  :D

Turns out the lots all reference the same model * which is conspicuously absent from both the dependencies listed in the Master List and those listed in the Read-Me from the actual download. However, I do know for a fact the oilfields used to work flawless some years ago so it seems something got left out when compiling the Master Dependency List. Or maybe the model got left out when compiling RT vol04. .

Either way, it's easy enough to fix with a small & invisible model which I've attached to this post. It takes care of the flag / brown box and shouldn't interfere with the functionality. Let me know how it works out!

*TGI = 0x5AD0E817,0x8E0A6356,0x00030000. Maybe someone can locate it after all?!
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

CahosRahneVeloza

@vortext: Your fix works for the mean time, but it would really be great if the model could be found.

I've posted the model's reference number on Simpeg and Simtropolis as well.

vortext

Yeah it's puzzling where it went. The set used to work perfect like 3 - 4 years ago and as far as I can tell lots nor dependencies have been updated since. I've been trying to recall what else I may have had in my plugins at the time. . . $%Grinno$%

edit: after a little further digging into the forum threads it turns out you're not the first to run into this problem.

Quote from: BarbyW on June 13, 2010, 07:44:15 AM
Eventually I found that deadwoods had used the invisible building from BSC_Park_BaseSet_commonfiles.dat.

I haven't checked yet, but I suspect it's this download which contains the file BarbyW mentions.
time flies like a bird

CahosRahneVeloza

It worked  &mmm

It's strange though, having a file from a park having been added to an Oil field.

vortext

Deadwoods simply forgot he used an invisible model from another of his lot sets, probably meant it to be a temporary placeholder for initial lot creation.

It's rather annoying the dependencies haven't been updated though, especially since the issue has been known since at least 2010. %wrd
time flies like a bird

CahosRahneVeloza

Or he could have edited the Oil fields set to remove the invisible model.

At least the Park set is a great addition to the game much like his other sets that I use.