• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Missing Texture on BSC/CSX farm

Started by StormVibrations, March 12, 2013, 09:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StormVibrations

http://i.imgur.com/2fwlI9Z.jpg

Hello,

As careful as I tried to be when downloading the CAM starter packs, I apparently lack a texture for the above farm.  I've searched and searched and cannot find a way to even know what to look for.  Originally I posted over at Simtropolis and another person has had the same problem for a long time. 

It is CSX GM Farms - Growtech.  Google is no help, but it does say BSC in the query so I figure it's worth asking you guys about.

If the texture no longer exists, would it be difficult to make it use another texture?  I'm a complete novice but normally I'm able to learn.

jmyers2043

I'm not at my gaming computer at the moment so I can't do a search for you. But I recall that some CSX farm fields used 'invisible' base textures. They will sometimes have the graphic glitch after switching to underground mode to lay some water pipes. Try this - Click to zone view, then click back to normal view. Base textures back yes? no? If yes it is the water bug - if no - you're missing a texture dependency.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Girafe

You have a second solution (a little bit longer),

save & return region and come back it should solve the problem.
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

StormVibrations

Thanks for your replies.  I don't know what the farm is supposed to look like, but what I have when first loading the game is just the regular terrain underneath it.  So I guess it may be a transparent texture?  Anyway, anytime I quit the city (to region or to desktop) and reload the grass is back and the grid is gone.  And going to the zone view does the same thing, so thanks for that.  Unfortunately the solution only lasts for three or four minutes.  I assume there's never been a fix for it?

StormVibrations

The forum won't let me save an edited post for some reason.  I was going to add that the glitch seems to be triggered either by saving the game, but sometimes it happens for no apparent reason.  This is a test city and I haven't laid pipes in it since I started it.  There's nothing underground...no subway or anything.

BarbyW

I tracked down the problem. It is a very old texture -0x1da44005 - that was made by Pegasus and I no longer have it. I could not find it in any of the PegProd texture packs that I have either. It will be possible to replace the texture by another but will take some time as the whole pack will need checking for any similar missing textures as many of the CSX fields were made 8 years ago.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

StormVibrations

Thank you so much for looking into it. 

BarbyW

My good friend geoffhaw has found the texture for you. It is in a Peg file available here:
http://www.simpeg.com/forum/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=76
I will get round to editing Colyn's fields one day but until then you can at least see the proper texture if you download that file.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

StormVibrations

Quote from: BarbyW on March 14, 2013, 04:53:40 PM
My good friend geoffhaw has found the texture for you. It is in a Peg file available here:
http://www.simpeg.com/forum/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=76
I will get round to editing Colyn's fields one day but until then you can at least see the proper texture if you download that file.

Thanks!  You're awesome!  And so is geoffhaw.