• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

peterycristi's Bats

Started by peterycristi, October 23, 2008, 05:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterycristi

Hi folks,

I just started bating these days, so please don't be cruel with me ;) even if my Bat is not perfect. I started to make a building that was located in central america. More I will not tell at this moment ;). Just tell me your comments.

saludos

peterycristi
H I S T O R I S C H E S   B E R L I N

XiahouDun

Off to a good start :thumbsup: The textures repeat a little too much, so you may want to go into a little more work on them. Also I'd give the pillars difference textures from each other. Right now with the same texture it looks a little too repeating. Either way, I'd really like to see how this one turns out. &apls
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

sithlrd98

Peterycristi , man if I could make anything that looked half as good as that on my first , or 100th try , I would be happy! I like how this model has started... keep on it!

Jayson

Dark_horse_spirit

This is a very good beggining, I f I could offer some advice leave the textures as they were downloaded and change the textures by using the omni lighting feature. I have spent hours tweaking this module, some good results and some bad. Your building already looks better than alot who claim to be experts, keep up the good work

DHS

peterycristi

Thanks for all your nice coments! ;) XiahouDun I will see, what i can do with the textures, thank you :). Thanks for the advice spirit.

So a last update for today and another puzzlepiece for you: the building fall down in an earthquake...

saludos

peterycristi

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

tcx

Great start, I know the name of that building but i wont tell anyone  $%Grinno$%

Dark_horse_spirit

After another look at this building front, if you textured the windows frames by using the smoothing feature it might bring out the lighting more during rendering process.

DHS

peterycristi

@ tcx: thanks. A legend has it's comeback soon  ;D.

Thanks to all the others for the nice comments and great advises.

saludos

peterycristi

(Viva chilangolandia! ;))

Fatsuhono

Wow peterycristi-san! Wow! The pillars are wonderful, excellent window frames, awesome balconies and such and such! :thumbsup: I cannot wait to seeing more BATs from you in the future! :)

peterycristi

Hi folks,

thanks for all the very nice comments. I just worked a little bit more on the model and it's getting formed more and more. I'm just ready to start with the mainentrance (texture optimation will follow).

another puzzlepiece for you: the building stood in one of the biggest cities of the world. It's destruction is a symbol of the hardest earthquake which hit the city until now. The quake cost the live of around 45.000 people.

saludos

peterycristi

praiodan

Wow, a very nice start, peterycristi! I knew that building, but it took me a bit until I found out its name; it's the Hotel Regis (Mexico City), isn't it?

peterycristi

HOTEL REGIS - MEXICO D.F.

@praiodan:  &apls you are right, of course it's the Regis. It fall down in the earthquake of 1985 that was around 8,6 on the scale. The quake destroyed some buildings in the hostoric center of mexico-city (like the Regis) and a lot of big apartment houses which were not built after the earthquake restrictions. The mexican government spoke of around 4.000 victims but today we are speaking of a number between 40.000 and 45.000 people that were killed on this day.

Were once stood the Regis is today a greened place called "plaza de la solidaridad" with a memorial for the victims of 1985.

So I decided to give a come back to that legendary hotel, that once was the first adress of DF.

here my update for today:

for the side of the patio, i will need to use my fantasy, cause i didn't find pictures of it :(. If anyone has some, please send me.

saludos

peterycristi

Heblem

A picture of the backside... from a building that doesn't exits anymore... maybe almost impossible to find...  &mmm

It was a hotel building, maybe at back side there was a pool area or something, make another facade at backside (similar or equal as like front facade)  just an idea  ;)

Its great to see you working on Mexican Buildings  ;)

Oh btw, heres a colo picture of the building i found browsing over internet...

peterycristi

@heblem: pst pst... oye! Viva chilangolandia!  :satisfied:

:D

tcx

Now I can say is great you're doing Hotel Regis, it's sad that a lot of people died that day in 1985, and it's nice to see this building coming to life again.  :)

sithlrd98

That is looking great! &apls
Jayson

DebussyMan

Splendid work! Indeed, it is great to see someone is making mexican BATS  ;D

I just wish you could make the original mansard roof version as well

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

peterycristi

Hi folks,

Here the update of the Regis for today. I was just playing around with the textures...

@debussyman: thanks for your comments! I'm really a big fan of your bat's! Concerning the mansard roof i will see, if i can do it later, but like it's my first bat, i think it's just too difficult now ;). But you are right, it would look a lot better with the original roof.

@un1: the roof texture isn't the final one ;). There will be a roof terrace...

saludos

peterycristi

Viva México cabrones!  :D

un1

Nice work!  :thumbsup: Although, I don't like the roof texture that much, it looks like the roof is a little bumpy, but oh well.

Can't wait to see more. ;)

-un1