• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAMeLot Counter and Occupant Groups

Started by RippleJet, August 20, 2007, 04:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HandsOn

:thumbsup: Yep, this does give me the full run down. After Xxdita's response I figured it to be something like that. Still, good to know what causes the effect. The problem of course lies in the differential between LEX & STEX lots - the former can be updated, the later rarely are. And CAM still uses plenty of STEX stuff. Maybe one day someone will replace the lots over which nobody has any influence..  :P

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

RippleJet

Quote from: HandsOn on May 19, 2008, 04:36:27 AM
And how is this going to work for rural communities & CAM farms? Since low education is a prerequisite (according to RJ) for farms to continue to grow & maintain a workforce, higher stages are nigh impossible, at least in terms of census count.

You should have separate cities in your region for farms and for ordinary industries.
Since the regional industrial capacity (excluding farms) sets up the thresholds for the farm stages,
you need to have ID, IM and/or IHT develop elsewhere in the region in order to get farms of stages 4-7.

HandsOn

Quote from: RippleJet on May 19, 2008, 05:41:48 AM
You should have separate cities in your region for farms and for ordinary industries.
Since the regional industrial capacity (excluding farms) sets up the thresholds for the farm stages,
you need to have ID, IM and/or IHT develop elsewhere in the region in order to get farms of stages 4-7.
I do that, always have - seems to be the natural order. That said, the "Farm Report" (yours?) always asks for "Bio Industry" thus I have a very small sector of HT (IM & ID are set at a tax rate of 20% thus effectively preventing them). No, I just wondered how a rural zone can get to stages beyond 4/5 since the population never rises that dramatically..

RippleJet

Quote from: HandsOn on May 19, 2008, 05:54:50 AM
No, I just wondered how a rural zone can get to stages beyond 4/5 since the population never rises that dramatically..

Did I explain it that badly? $%Grinno$%

Let me quote from another thread:

Quote from: RippleJet on January 16, 2008, 06:18:09 PM
Agricultural Stage Limits

The threshold values are in all cases the total regional industrial capacity (not workforce): ID + IM + IHT.
Note that IR (agricultural farms) are not included in the regional industrial capacity!

In Rush Hour stage 3 farms took over as soon as the regional industrial capacity grew.
For CAM, the emphasize was simply to get an even distribution of farms of different stages, with the addition of the special stage 6 and 7.

IR 
  Stage 
  Stage 
  Stage 
  Stage 
  Stage 
  Stage 
  Stage 
50 %
30 %
20 %
45 %
28 %
20 %
7 %
40 %
26 %
20 %
14 %
35 %
25 %
20 %
20 %
30 %
23 %
20 %
20 %
7 %
25 %
21 %
20 %
20 %
14 %
20 %
20 %
20 %
20 %
20 %
19 %
19 %
19 %
19 %
19 %
5 %
18 %
19 %
19 %
19 %
19 %
6 %
18 %
18 %
19 %
19 %
19 %
7 %
18 %
18 %
18 %
19 %
19 %
8 %
18 %
18 %
18 %
18 %
19 %
9 %
18 %
18 %
18 %
18 %
18 %
9 %
1 %

In other words...

In order to get stage 4 farms, you need to have a regional industrial (ID+IM+IHT) capacity of 500
In order to get stage 5 farms, you need to have a regional industrial (ID+IM+IHT) capacity of 2,723
In order to get stage 6 farms, you need to have a regional industrial (ID+IM+IHT) capacity of 14,830
In order to get stage 7 farms, you need to have a regional industrial (ID+IM+IHT) capacity of 250,000

Your population can be zero. It won't affect the thresholds at all. :P
Only the regional industrial capacity does!

HandsOn

No, you did not explain that badly at all. I'm just a bit thick when it comes to the mind-boggler that is the SC4 simulator. Wow: zero population and still folks go to work. Wish that worked in RL  :D.
Let me thus quote a previous census (rounded): res. 1,033,000; com. 854,000; ind. 111,000 - all regionally, from the an external regional mod (not yours, sorry). Thus my industrial ought to now be at stage 6, which would explain the limited demand for farms. I guess of my three rural "boroughs" only one may survive, once the 36 cities have all started development. Let's hope that SC5 will really be a regional version of SC4 (doubt it, EA does hardly listen).

Thanks for taking time out for this here old numbskull..

daeley

Quote from: HandsOn on May 19, 2008, 05:54:50 AM
I do that, always have - seems to be the natural order. That said, the "Farm Report" (yours?) always asks for "Bio Industry" thus I have a very small sector of HT (IM & ID are set at a tax rate of 20% thus effectively preventing them). No, I just wondered how a rural zone can get to stages beyond 4/5 since the population never rises that dramatically..

mine ;)

it has been a while since I made that mod and it may need a small rebalancing of factors if used together with CAM. But normally you should be able to reach additional profits easily even without I-HT if everything else is ok.
1. Install SC4+RH
2. Install LEX (CD&DVD helps) and latest NAM + updates
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

HandsOn

Quote from: daeley on May 19, 2008, 07:25:44 AM
mine ;)

it has been a while since I made that mod and it may need a small rebalancing of factors if used together with CAM. But normally you should be able to reach additional profits easily even without I-HT if everything else is ok.
Well, I should be getting the update fast, now that DAMM is done & you practically "live around the corner" here somewhere..  $%Grinno$%

Edit: There's one question about that rep, though: it keeps reporting regional trade as bad despite rail & road & highway connections in all four corners..

Nah, not to worry, the report's fine - I just sometimes take things a bit to literally..

Lowkee33

Amazing... two years later my question fits right in to the conversation.

@Daeley:  Your crazy mod lots on the stex are awesome.  I like the pillar of fire in particular.  The Farm Report is very interesting to me right now.  It appears that you made an OG for the stages of farms.  How did you do this?

It seems that these OGs are rather special as well as the OGs for the CAM counter.  I have been playing around with this ability, but I can not get it to work.  I have a UI whos captionres references this command:

#sc4game.automata.get_source_building_count(hextodec("00011010"))#

Which, to the extent of what I know, should give me the count of R$ buildings.  Alas, it does not (I get a 0, not the caption, and the game has been run for months).

My ultimate task is to get a query that will display the percentages of the different stages in the region.  At this point my best bet is to give a Building Exemplar a certain OG (which as I understand is dangerous).  The XA would count the number of those buildings and times it by the capacity (which I will have to type in myself).  Of course,  this means that every BE needs its own OG and also every lot would have to be the proper stage.

I have a ton of questions that have been talked about on this thread.  How does BSC_Essentials keep track of the CAM OGs?  What does this mean:  #lot8dbb1295_message()#.  What is a TRK type found in Reader?

Thanks all.  Sorry to post an old thread.

RippleJet

Trackable (countable) occupant groups are only those which are listed in the array called track_buildings,
defined within _constants.lua (SimCity_1.dat, TGI 0xCA63E2A3, 0x4A5E8F3F, 0xFFB0A8D0).
Originally that array reads:

track_buildings = {
   hex2dec('0x1305'),            -- passenger rail
   hex2dec('0x1306'),            -- freight rail
   hex2dec('0x150A'),            -- landmark
   hex2dec('0x150F'),            -- schools_k6
   hex2dec('0x13110'),           -- CS1 (CS$)
   hex2dec('0x13120'),           -- CS2 (CS$$)
   hex2dec('0x13130'),           -- CS3 (CS$$$)
   hex2dec('0x1307'),            -- Monorail station
}

That LUA script is modded and included in bsc_Essentials_OG.dat, and in there the array currently reads:

track_buildings = {
   hex2dec('0x1305'),            -- passenger rail
   hex2dec('0x1306'),            -- freight rail
   hex2dec('0x150A'),            -- landmark
   hex2dec('0x150F'),            -- schools_k6
   hex2dec('0x13110'),           -- CS1 (CS$)
   hex2dec('0x13120'),           -- CS2 (CS$$)
   hex2dec('0x13130'),           -- CS3 (CS$$$)
   hex2dec('0x1307'),            -- Monorail station
   hex2dec("0x21000"),
   hex2dec("0x21001"),
   hex2dec("0x21002"),
   hex2dec("0x21003"),
   hex2dec("0x21004"),

}
for i=14,14+hex2dec("0x0FFF") do
track_buildings[i] = 14-i+hex2dec("0xB5C00FFF") --add 0xB5C00### to array
end

Caspervg is currently expanding that array though, so with the next update of BSC Essentials, most Maxis OGs might be trackable... :)

Stewey

I apologise for posting in a topic so old, but I would just like to mention that the included "DTMP Textures.dat" is no longer needed in the installer as "BSC Textures Vol 03.dat" superseeds this file.

I only noticed this when rebuiding my plugins folder from scratch and just thought it might be useful to let you all know.