• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Lot Editor Texture Overlay problem

Started by deanva, March 14, 2015, 08:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanva

When I place a new overlay texture in Lot Editor and save the lot it shows a different texture in the game. Example in a parking lot I want a 4 way intersection overlay and when put in the game it shows as a 90 degree curve piece. This is on a Windows 8.1 64 bit system. Anyone can help with this issue?

mgb204

Sounds to me like either there is a texture ID conflict where two textures have the same ID or the texture used has other wealth textures as part of the same ID-set so the wrong wealth appears.

If you have a conflict, simply find and remove the file containing the conflicting texture, it could be however that there is a problem with the IDs, perhaps two pieces were given the same ID, it would help to know where you got the textures from (assuming they are downloaded).

Are you using the Maxis lot editor or PIM-X, PIM-X shows you wealth families when you select a texture so this would help with tracking down the second possibility?

deanva

I am using Maxis Lot editor how do I get to the texture files to correct the problem? There is a checkered background also which makes seeing the overlay textures impossible to see. I had no problem when using my old XP computer which was having problem befor buying a new one with Windows 8.1.

mgb204

Well if I knew which textures you were using I could take a look at them and see if there was an obvious problem, assuming they are from a texture pack somewhere? The checkered background I think is just how the transparent parts of overlays look before they are selected (I seldom use the Maxis LE these days). The change of O/S shouldn't affect this, perhaps you aren't selecting the correct texture if the overlays aren't showing at all. Perhaps there is some problem with rendering in the LE related to the same Win 8 issues that seem to affect SC4 itself? Have you tried adding the command -d:soft to the shortcut for the LE to force software rendering, more info here?

deanva

I did use the command -d:soft because the lot editor was flickering real fast which solved the flickering, but not the overlay problem. Is there an alternate to Lot Editor?

vortext

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana