• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Lot Editor problem

Started by eugenelavery, August 26, 2013, 08:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankU

Ah, good. And that last remark brings me to a last suggestion. When you finally have made all the clones in a separate DAT file: store this in a safe place and use a copy to make the changes in ModelTweaker. A mistake is easily made. Then you throw the wrong DAT file away and make a new copy of the clean original.

And show us what you have done!

eugenelavery

Here is a picture of what I have achieved so far.

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

eugenelavery

FrankU

Oh, sure. That was worth the effort!  &apls

eugenelavery

Quote from: FrankU on March 08, 2014, 09:27:21 AM
Oh, sure. That was worth the effort!  &apls

Really the only way to get a tightly packed marina.

Sim.Rico

When i have a selected lot loaded in SC4PIM, I select the lot editor popup menu item,  I have the list of shortcut codes and can select 'b' to slide the bldg over to a corner where the edges can be part of a w2w with other w2w lots creating that 'annex' effect.  I am trying to add a second office type bldg that's about 2 or 3 stories high, to this lot in the area shown in the screenshot , resulting in a 'slightly' different building complex plus providing a w2w for the other 2 edges.  I cant get a list of buildings to display when using shortcuts to place Lot Editor into the mode for viewing bldgs.

Its been so long since ive worked with LE,  Can someone give me a step-by-step for adding additional bldgs on an existing lot? 

eugenelavery

As far as I know you can only have one building per lot. You would need to turn the other buildings you have into props. Someone correct me on this if I am wrong however.

FrankU

Yes indeed. You can have only one building per lot. But you can place as many props as you want.

Now you have to know what we mean by "building" in the sentence above. The "building" we are talking about is the core element of a lot. It contains info on the type of lot, amount of jobs etc. It is called the "buidling exemplar" if you want to be correct.
So one of those, and only one, needs to be on every lot. In Sc4-Pim this "building" has a blue rectangle. This rectangle can not extend outside the lot.

Props can be very numerous. I remember I saw 256 somewhere as maximum. Not sure though.
Anyway: a prop has a yellow rectangle in SC4-Pim. It can extend outside the lot by half its width and/or depth. A prop also contains several properties, but that was not the issue here. A prop can look like a "building": meaning it can look like house, an industrial construction, a commercial edifice.... Take a look in the props list in SC4-Pim or LE.

So you can place your building on the edge of your lot and add a prop next to it. I guess that is what you want to do.
Am I right?