• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Cities of the world that influence SC4

Started by jigsaw, September 05, 2010, 12:32:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jigsaw

im keen to gather data from all community members of which cities around the world that influence SC4 more than all others. when i mean influence, i mean in terms of content, and CJ/MD styles we commonly see.

so far i have come up with this shortlist, but looking for others:
Hong Kong                   - thanks to HKABT's great work
Paris                           - some of the first W2W sets ever made
New York                     - Home of the grid, the skyscraper, and brown brick terraces
London                        - i think mainly for transport, and historical buildings
Amsterdam                   - Haarlemmergold and Vanderaap's works, and a notable home of Canals.
Tokyo
Warsaw

other notable influences:
Mediterranean Rural
American Rural

IMO when it comes to community members MD's, there are generally only about a dozen different types of region/city being built, but for the sake of overall influences, im eager to see what ppl think is the top 10 Real world influences of our game.

thanks,

jigsaw

insert signature here

MandelSoft

Well, add Amsterdam to the list. I see quite a lot of MD's with canals and typical Dutch buildings. Myself use beside a lot of Parisian Buildings and the standard American buildings a lot of Dutch buildings.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

jigsaw

amsterdam/ dutch sets.... how could of i have missed them  :satisfied:

added to the list. thanks mate!  :thumbsup:
insert signature here

zero7

I think you'd need to include Tokyo, which is the counterpart of Hong Kong in defining people's perception of the hyper-dense Asian city and also inspires the huge appetite within the SC4 community for Japanese content.  The shinkansen is also the definitive model for high-speed rail in the game.
Call me Richard

kbieniu7

I'll also add Warsaw, which has a lot of W2W and other buildings batted, as well as polish cities. They all are used in polish, and also eastern european MDs  ;)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Ciuu96

Well, i guess that gray, depressing soviet style is quite popular too, there are few CJs/MDs about it, and many buildings also exist.
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

travismking

theres a fair number of baltimore and D.C. BAT's, and i use its influences a lot, probably because thats where I live.  and all the baltimore BATs seem to be by marcszar so maybe he just likes the city :)

editfish

I think to the 'rural' sublist you could also include Middle Eastern.