• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC - VIP team - Girafe's skills on the BAT

Started by Girafe, July 22, 2009, 01:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTeaCat

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

mgb204

Girafe making new flora = a good thing  :D.

I second TheTeaCat, I could easily make use of both of them, there simply is no thing as too much flora in SC4.

Badsim

Quote from: mgb204 on October 18, 2015, 07:25:16 PM
Girafe making new flora = a good thing  :D.

I second TheTeaCat, I could easily make use of both of them, there simply is no thing as too much flora in SC4.

I second that ...

Quote from: TheTeaCat on October 18, 2015, 03:36:38 PM
Could we have both? Please.

... and triple that !  :P

Great to see that a so talented and self-demanding BATer like you can't be satisfied with low poly or even medium ones . $%Grinno$%

See you soon my friend , most probably in November : so long absence so much things to discuss about with you but for now  , so much broken wires to reconnect ...  :-[

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

FrankU

Quote from: Badsim on October 19, 2015, 07:36:20 AM

Quote from: TheTeaCat on October 18, 2015, 03:36:38 PM
Could we have both? Please.

... and triple that !  :P

And... quadruple that!
Just, maybe then it would be better if the colouring was just slightly more obvious: a bit more colour would be better in my opinion.

Girafe

Thanks a lot for your comments.  ;)

@ Cedric, hope to see you soon  :)

Coming soon

I am still digging in my folders.

I could continue these Rowan trees  :-\ :

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

vortext

Quote from: Girafe on November 03, 2015, 10:50:37 AM
I could continue these Rowan trees  :-\

Please do! &apls

While you're digging, what happened to the poplars? ;)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Simmer2

Those Rowan trees are fantastic!!  &apls &apls
Can't wait to use them!
________________________________________________________________________________

mgb204

I really like the look of the blooms/flowering on those rowan trees, fantastic stuff.

gutterclub

Absolutely love the Rowan Trees...would there ever be any scope for you to create some wonderful Pohutakawa Trees, native to New Zealand, or some Jacaranda Trees?

love your work be it Flora or Skyscrapers!

Fasan

Wow, these trees and these Flora!
I am always happy when you show new works.
I like their work so much!  :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to integrate them in my Landscape.  ;)

noahclem

Beautiful trees my friend!!! Please continue  &apls

Bipin

romualdillo

Please, continue with your great work!!!  &apls

belfastsocrates

Those Rowan trees are absolutely superb! The colour of the berries are subtle but still come through and look very nice indeed.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

c.p.

Kergelen

New flora by Girafe! Always welcome   :thumbsup:

On a side note, I suggest you to link your signature with this topic ;)

Links to SC4 websites

manga rivotra

I just discovered what is a rowan tree thanks to you ; and I must say that your reproduction is absolutely perfect!  &apls &apls &apls
I agree with gutterclub, some ornamental trees (jacaranda trees, cherry trees, magnolias, paulownia ......) would also be a great addition.

Girafe

So many comments, thank you so much  &apls &apls &apls

A real motivation to continue.

I was disappointed by the lack of use of my flora for LOTing, I think that one of the main reason is that the MMP flora is a little bit bigger than the flora used on the LOTs.

Thus, I decided to keep relatively small size for the Rowan trees (up to 18m). Integration in urban landscapes is better and LOD conflict is avoided.

I went for reddish autumnal liveries. What do you think?

@ Vortext:

This is the last update I have with the poplars, I don t like  ()sad()

@ Kergelen

I tried but it s not working  &mmm

Regarding Jacarandas, I have worked on this species upon the request for the university of Mexico (UNAM) released on ST.
However result was not good and we gave up this species.
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

SuperMessi

Girafe I find it also quite striking that in so many City Journals or Lots users do not try to integrate your trees! Well, it is a matter of taste, and other trees from other users are also quite nice. But since I personally prefer yours, I do try to integrate them in urban landscapes. And they look good.

But there is a problem with the MMP's item, and that may be the cause of what you are saying: if you click two times, for example, the trees ocupy more than one tile, thus making it more difficult to integrate them in an urban landscape since the tiles are most of the times occupied.

Hence, I would suggest (and do not take this as stupid criticism) that you would make the MMP's plop just a single tree. For example, your "oaks", if you click the second time on the same tile, you will have I think three trees, whereas it would be better, in my opinion, if you had the second model ploped when you click the second time. In this way, we could choose a particular oak, in this case, in a way that it would only occupy one tile.

I am not sure if I was clear, and it is just a suggestion. At the end of the day, you have the right to decide and, as I have said, I will use your trees anyway since I like them (and other MMP's that you have made also :D).

The new trees look awesome, it is a standard by you.

Oh another suggestion: is it possible that you make some cherry blossoms? Or try to paint one of your pre existing models into pink (i can think of the norway mapples, for example), and make them into a new MMP? I think people like me, who try to do japanese MD and CJ, would like them.

Keep it up!