• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC - VIP team - Girafe's skills on the BAT

Started by Girafe, July 22, 2009, 01:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vortext

Quote from: Shark7 on November 07, 2013, 10:48:35 AM
However, I seem to have found an issue with the seasaonl vines MMP set.  Whenever I use them, if I happen to try to plop them onto the occupied space around another MMP, or try to plop an MMP near the space of the seasonal vines, I get a CTD.  I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, so it could just be me having issues with SC4 again.  &mmm

I've been able to reproduce the problem though I didn't get a full blown CTD. Instead the game froze and became unresponsive and I had to close it in the Task Manager.

The issue seems to be the mmp is looped. That is, the second (and last) flora item points back to the first via 'Flora Cluster Type'. While this allows for seemingly endless cycling, it is not recommended to create a closed flora loop precisely because it may cause the game to freeze. I ran into this exact same issue when experimenting with the tree controllers.

It's probably because of the small footprint of the vines the problem hasn't surfaced sooner. One has to place another mmp practically on top of the vines for it to occur.

The solution would be to add a number of flora items so the mmp has, for instance, 8 plops. And secondly, make the last item a 'ghost' prop as Cédric explained recently.

btw, thanks for the Honey Locust trees!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Girafe

The infinite cycles are indeed not stable. But I though it was ok as Cédric played a lot with it without problems. I was indeed able to reproduce the CTD. Vortext is right in his words, and it's the only solution available.

You can now find on the LEX a corrected version :)

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Shark7

Good to hear it was something easily fixable.  I'll be downloading the updated version immediately.  :)

Gobias

Noticed an issue with the Honey Locusts on the LEX - I think your seasonal MM resource key for the summer models are pointed to the Chestnut models instead of the Honey Locusts?  I came across this when I was changing the menu order on the Locusts and got brown boxes (only on the summer model, I think the winter/fall are correct) when I tested the plugin.  When I looked at the resource ID for the chestnuts it appears to be the ID that is in the Locust exemplars.

Gobias

... oh and I should add, that issue aside they are AMAZING as always.  Great work!  Also noticed VIP is taking on a street-side mod which I'm quite interested in.  I had posted some images of a work-in-progress of my own street-side mod using VIP flora though I will admit the going is very slow.  Since I'm not much of a prop-batter - and would have to direct users to a wide variety of prop-packs for dependencies, some HD, some SD - I think in the end it would be much preferrable and more efficient to have a street-side mod from VIP.

As usual, fantastic work from VIP team  &apls

Girafe

Thanks for reporting Gobias.

There were indeed mistakes on the summer version of the seasonal MMP. Sry  &mmm

There were a problem with the names of the packs too. I was surely tired when I did this and checked it  &ops

All has been fixed, corrected version are now on the LEX

Regarding the street side mod. You did amazing work and you are more advanced than us. As you were not so active since your last update, I believed you were off. If you read carefully the posts above, you can notice we have difficulties with modding. Moreover I only write over Jeronij work and it's tinkering. For time, I wait for R6's props, so we didn't go further (I only did all the markings available in France). It maybe would be good to work together to get something nice   :) 
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

noahclem

QuoteIt maybe would be good to work together to get something nice   :) 

Now that would be exciting! Not that either of the two mods wasn't exciting on it's own  :D

Gobias

Quote from: Girafe on November 10, 2013, 05:38:12 AM
Regarding the street side mod. You did amazing work and you are more advanced than us. As you were not so active since your last update, I believed you were off. If you read carefully the posts above, you can notice we have difficulties with modding. Moreover I only write over Jeronij work and it's tinkering. For time, I wait for R6's props, so we didn't go further (I only did all the markings available in France). It maybe would be good to work together to get something nice   :)

I'd be quite happy to work together on the mod.  I'm have very little experience batting props, so the difficulty I had was finding decent props that already existed to use in the mod.  I wound up with a large list of dependencies and certain props (like offset avenue medians and planters) I just couldn't find good quality replacements to the MAXIS versions.  So my mod was becoming a little messy.  The Nams prop packs were very helpful but there were too many items I was still missing good replacements for.

Other than that the T21 modding was coming along.  I started working through avenues and roads first and completed everything except the diagonals.  The streets and NAM components I hadn't gotten to yet.  When I started on the streets I realized I just stink at batting even the simplest parking bay props.  That's around where I hit the dreaded wall-of-low-motivation and set the whole thing aside for a while ;)

I'd be more than happy to work on the T21 modding whether it's contributing to what you've already started or working from any of my material.  I'm pretty much open to anything.  I'm also pretty proficient with multiple-configuration installers too if that becomes necessary.  If you're interested PM me and we can discuss.

Swordmaster

If you guys need any transit type of support, feel free to draw me in cause this sure is an interesting collaboration! Though I'm sure Gobias knows more about T21ing than I do :D

Cheers
Willy

Swordmaster

Antoine, I think you accidentally merged the flora exemplars both evergreen and seasonal into the MM prop pack in your updated version.

Cheers
Willy

Girafe

Thanks Willy for your proposition with the modding of T21. We will see where we come up with Gobias and if needed we will ask you :)

About the last pack, yes I have seen that. It was not an accident but I don't remember why I did this... maybe for reducing the number of files. What is strange is that I always save a back up of the non-merged files and I have no back up for this package so I can't get back  &mmm

The Floraler

Swordmaster

All your other flora has separate files, since many people don't need both evergreen and seasonal; I'd keep that practice here.

To remake those files, you can easily cut-n-paste them from the merged file if you filter just PNG, Ltext and Exemplar in reader.

Cheers
Willy

Girafe

Thanks a lot for the files. I will correct the package tonight  ;)
The Floraler

Gobias

One other small issue to report:  the LE Ash plugin has a few prop exemplars pointing to the wrong models.  The Ash_C summer/evergreen model looks to actually go with the Ash_D autumn/winter models.  And by the same token the Ash_D summer/evergreen model belongs with the Ash_C autumn/winter.

Girafe

Thanks Gobias.

In fact, the C evergreen / summer models were switched with D evergreen / summer models. Fixed now.

ps: sorry I didn't launch the topic about the street side mod in our pivate part, I hadn't the time &ops

The Floraler

Gobias

Quote from: Girafe on November 18, 2013, 11:11:05 AM
ps: sorry I didn't launch the topic about the street side mod in our pivate part, I hadn't the time &ops
Oh, that's certainly not a problem.  I have trouble finding modding time in my own schedule so it's nice to know I'm not the only one  :thumbsup:  Whenever you get around to it is fine.

BATs in progress look great, by the way!

noahclem

kelis

Totally agree, what a fantastic job with this strange building !!
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

art128

They still have money in Moscow to finish their projects??!

Good job, Antoine! ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Shark7

That is one twisted building.  :o

Good work on the model though, will be another nice addition to my plugins folder when it is done.  :thumbsup: