• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC - VIP team - Girafe's skills on the BAT

Started by Girafe, July 22, 2009, 01:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weixc812

Nice done, Antoine   :thumbsup: A sidewalk by you is really worth expecting.
Hope all the skyscrapers are going on well  ;D
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

APSMS

This'll be good. May I request? Include some VW beetles (classic ones)...I know it's not realistic, but this is SC4, after all. At any rate, it'll be nice to have a street-side seasonal mod with your fantastic trees.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

FrankU

Quote from: Girafe on October 21, 2013, 01:53:29 PM

A streetside mod, seasonal and HD? Great! That will change the game another time!
Pity that it will not be possible to avoid taxis being parked in front of the garage exit!

Frank

Vlasky

I'm very happy to see this mod in development! I've been waiting and wanting this for so long... Great job!
My Thread - Vlasky going global BATs - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15573.0

Girafe

Thanks for your kind comments  ;)

It's indeed a huge mod. Don't know if it will see the light.

For time I only worked on R low density $ but I already face to problems. The game displays it's own T21, cars, trees and light poles. Is there a possibility to remove them or to change them and how?

Here is an example with the car in the red circle

Moreover I imagined bicycle way but with this "native T21", it's not so realistic :/

We have many ideas in VIP team for decorating rhe sidewalk, but don't know if they are all working.
For time I wait for Ben / R6, who is helping me with props creation :)

I go forward a little bit with the honey locust trees:

Something at early stage of development:

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Swordmaster

What you need to include in any T21 mod is files that override the Maxis T21s with blank T21s (unless your files already do that, but I assume you're using new IIDs).

That would be a bit of work of course, but I remember having done this before: see attachment. Please let me know if that works--I made this many months ago.

Cheers
Willy

Girafe

Thanks Willy.

In fact I am just overwritting Jeronij old street side mod. The file you sent me doesn't work :/
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

swordstalker2008

The Honey Locust look great! Very common around my neck of the woods.  Bit of a invasive tree really.

noahclem

Those honey locusts should fill a big niche for me--and help to characterize the flora of something I'm working on ;)  Great start on the new building and I wish you the best of luck on the T21s. A VIP/girafe sidestreet mod would be a truly massive advance for the community.

mgarcia

&apls  I agree.  A street side mod from you would be amazing! :o

nbvc

epicblunder

Howdy girafe,

I'm starting work on a new tree controller, and for my planning purposes i was just wondering if you were planning on making any new large conifers in the next say 3 months.

Whatever you do i can always change things up on the fly pretty simply, so i'm just curious, really.   ;)

Girafe

Thanks for your kind comments  ::)

@epicblunder:

I am not planning to do large conifers. At first I have done a lot of conifers / pines and I have no idea about a new species. Secondly, I did many things these last weeks / months and want to take a break. If I develop something new on this side, I will let you know, be sure.
For your tree controller, don't use the TGI of the beeches, I don't like the summer version, and will rework them. They are locked on the LEX. Good luck with your mod.

I am finishing the honey locust pack. I considered them as ornamental trees, so they are like the chestnuts only by one model per stage.

Played a little bit with evolution tower:

North / south sides are full glass, as west and east side have white stripes. Something I didn't notice from the renders :/

The Floraler

epicblunder

Thanks for the info.   ;D

Quote from: Girafe on October 31, 2013, 05:46:58 PM
For your tree controller, don't use the TGI of the beeches, I don't like the summer version, and will rework them. They are locked on the LEX. Good luck with your mod.

That's good to know.  After looking at the new chestnuts, i've decided to use those in place of where i was planning to use the beeches.

c.p.

The honey locusts look great, as do the chestnuts.  Even though there is only one tree per model, these should still work well in god mode, because the largest trees are quite large, (and are much larger than the small ones.)

noahclem

The locusts are beautiful Antoine, even by your standards  :thumbsup:  I don't mind the one model per stage thing at all. Having the last stage a single model is very useful to say the least.

Shark7

First, I'd like to say that the MMPs are great, and some of my most used models in game.  I build entire dense forests with your MMPs.  :thumbsup:

However, I seem to have found an issue with the seasaonl vines MMP set.  Whenever I use them, if I happen to try to plop them onto the occupied space around another MMP, or try to plop an MMP near the space of the seasonal vines, I get a CTD.  I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, so it could just be me having issues with SC4 again.  &mmm 

Kergelen

Quote from: Shark7 on November 07, 2013, 10:48:35 AM
However, I seem to have found an issue with the seasaonl vines MMP set.  Whenever I use them, if I happen to try to plop them onto the occupied space around another MMP, or try to plop an MMP near the space of the seasonal vines, I get a CTD.  I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, so it could just be me having issues with SC4 again.  &mmm

It never has happened to me.

Links to SC4 websites

Shark7

Quote from: Kergelen on November 07, 2013, 11:43:30 AM
Quote from: Shark7 on November 07, 2013, 10:48:35 AM

It never has happened to me.

Well I always have been special.  :P  Any ideas as to what may be causing it?  It would seem to be some type of conflict to me, but I have no idea where to even start.

Vlasky

Love the trees as usual. And that twisted tower is so interesting and well done!
My Thread - Vlasky going global BATs - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15573.0