• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC - VIP team - Girafe's skills on the BAT

Started by Girafe, July 22, 2009, 01:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Girafe

Thanks a lot for the 66.000 views & your nice comments :) it's appreciated and is a source of motivation.

Happy new year as in Paris we reached 00.00h even if I consider that it's a day like the others   ::)

@Swordmaster, I understand what you mean. In fact it depends on the species of the tree but indeed thin and compact trees are less present in my collection. I will take your comment in account, and will try to do poplars for a future pack  ;)

@ Noah, Thanks for your really nice comment :)

@David, thanks for the nice comment and the point  :) Hope you had a good Xmas with your family and I am so glad you came back among us

I spent 14,4 h last day under 3dsmax and exported more than 45 models for the linden. I am ok with the autumn livery and have still indecisiveness regarding summer tints  %wrd

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Swordmaster

Am I correct in saying there's some trouble with the shadows? Other than that, great colors. I think they'll match the ashes quite well due to their dimensions.

I grew up in a garden with two giant linden trees; easily the biggest trees for miles around. Apart from their giant dimensions, I remember they had quite a light green summer tint compared to the oaks and birches around. Maybe this was caused or exacerbated by their much bigger leaves.

Cheers
Willy

Girafe

Yep, shadow troubles are due to the slope.

I finalized the summer tints

and did the 6 props models (seasonal & non seasonal) for LOTers

Coming soon on the LEX:

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Simcoug

I'm always excited to see new trees from you!  I'll be looking forward to their release.

vortext

The new trees are excellent!  &apls

I'll keep an eye out on the LEX for sure!  :thumbsup:

Well, that was a short waiting period!! Thanks so much once again, your trees are the best! Though perhaps you could also make some more bushes? Especially more taller ones which reach approximately to the lowest tree branches. Or maybe some ground cover, like the ALN wildflowers someday? I feel both categories are still a bit lacking. Either way, I'm sure whatever you do next will turn out great!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

noahclem

Beautiful Lindens  &apls &apls

Also, a very Happy New Year to you Antoine, even if it's just another day  :D

epicblunder

Another excellent girafe tree set!  Your work is always greatly appreciated.    &apls    ;D

I would like to echo vortext's suggestion:  there are far too few wildflowers.  If you would consider making something like lupines or indian paintrush i'm sure it would be really enjoyed by the community.  Especially lupines   :thumbsup:

Swordmaster

Great release! I love how they turned out what I was hoping for, somewhat lighter summer colors to produce contrast with the existing sets. The work very well with the ashes, too.

Cheers
Willy

weixc812

Wonderful release of lindens   &apls &apls
I didn't use your trees recently since I just don't know which to use. They are coming so fast, faster than I can stay quiet and enjoy the masterpieces.  ;D
Anyway, I'll put good use of them, Antoine :D
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

Aaron Graham

Great work on the trees and the upload, I want to see more trees from you, keep it pumping. :D
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

rambuckel

Great release!!!! I already tried them ... they look great both in summer as in autumn!
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

Girafe

Thanks a lot for your nice comments  :)

Quote from: vortext on January 04, 2013, 05:11:12 AM
Though perhaps you could also make some more bushes? Especially more taller ones which reach approximately to the lowest tree branches. Or maybe some ground cover, like the ALN wildflowers someday? I feel both categories are still a bit lacking. Either way, I'm sure whatever you do next will turn out great!  :thumbsup:

Indeed HD small flora is lacking since Chris's items. It's complex to deal with tiny plants more than the larger. I made researches on grass but nothing good, so you have never see something...

Nonetheless I tried lupins  ::)

The Floraler

Kergelen

wow! more flowers &apls

Thanks for the last releases. I think the last trees you made have the best of Girafe trees and the best of CP's. So are more than excellent :)

Links to SC4 websites

noahclem

Awesome flowers  :o  I can't wait to see more and eventually get my hands on them  ;)

vortext

Quote from: Girafe on January 06, 2013, 05:25:49 PM
It's complex to deal with tiny plants more than the larger. I made researches on grass but nothing good, so you have never see something...

For some odd reason small flora is more troublesome than larger models indeed, I have similar experiences with the tree controller. In any case, the lupines look promising! Did you make them just now or previously but never showed us?! And of course now we actually want to see those experimental results as well (or at least I do . . ;D).
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

nbvc

Simcoug

Seasonal flowering plants would be a much welcome addition indeed.  Especially coming from the floral master  :thumbsup:

epicblunder

Lupines!  They are excellent Girafe, i hope you release them.   :thumbsup:

What i could do with those.   %BUd%

Earwhyckque

@epicblunder: you could do almost anything with those!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLkhx0eqK5w&t=4m03s

OT: the flowers look great though, they blend in very well with the trees! Great job!

epicblunder

@earwhyckque:  Hahaha!  Although i was thinking more along the lines of doing a recreation of Mt. Rainier...