• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC - VIP team - Girafe's skills on the BAT

Started by Girafe, July 22, 2009, 01:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vortext

It's that easy huh?   :D

A subtle change you've made but in effect the tree looks more yellow/warm and thus more chestnutty, at least to me (got a lot of those around in my neighbourhood). Well done.
Under the assumption these will be seasonal as well I hope you don't mind me asking whether an autumn sneak peek is avaible.  ;)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Girafe

Thanks for your comments.

At first some explanations:

This picture gathers 3 versions of chestnuts, the color it's the same but the reflexion is different.

A is the greener
C is the less green
and B is an in-between

The version A is the first try I did before the comment of Vortext and C is the version I presented here in a grey background.

However I am afraid of the fact that A is too green for fitting with others sets of trees, particulary Oaks and Birches (they are too bright but they are done for months  &mmm).

Thus I present 2 type of mix:

1st with maples where version A & B are nice:

and a version with oaks and birches and in this case A doesn't fit so well:

For this reason I would choice B, but our opinions are welcomed. Moreover you can see how I do and understand that working on flora is not an easy job ::) More I get trees more it's complex to have harmonious forest mixes.

@ Vortext and the others

Yes there will be a seasonal version and for this reason post the colors you would like for the autumn  :)

CB21 is close to be yours  ;)

The Floraler.
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Orange_o_

:D

They are all so beautiful that I do not understand why, you shall not upload them all?

Since we must choose, I say A

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

Sciurus

I think it should Brigitte Bardot (BB... be B... yes I know, it's bad $%Grinno$% ) :thumbsup:
Trees are wonderful and the tower Gan too! &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Badsim

LOL David , that's a good one !  :D

A-bsolutely ( for the choice ... )  :thumbsup:

Cédric .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

vester

A-bsolutely B-eautiful

Sorry can't make up my mind.

io_bg

Fantastic work here! The CB21 is something I'll certainly use, the same goes for the trees and that orthodox cathedral, it'll be great to finally have such one in SC4!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

noahclem

vortext

Maybe no surprise I like A the best. Imho it doesn't stand out too much, after all some trees are just greener than others  :)

As for the autumn colours, again they tend to be quite bright. Starting out reddish orange in early fall, they'll sometimes become completely yellow (though obviously not as saturated as this first pic). 

Quote from: Girafe on November 22, 2011, 03:07:34 PM
Moreover you can see how I do and understand that working on flora is not an easy job ::) More I get trees more it's complex to have harmonious forest mixes.
I guess me being ironic got lost in translation, be sure your efforts are well appreciated. :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird

Girafe

Thanks for your feedbacks,

I didn't decide which version will be the final. Think I need time to do my choice.

I tested something new for the autumn version, it's not bad but didn't test it in game  &Thk/(

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Orange_o_

you have too much zoom? otherwise we see too the diamonds.

i like serious the colours of foliage.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

vortext

time flies like a bird

Aaron Graham

Looks great. :D I still want you to finish teaching me on make great looking trees. :P
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

noahclem

Very nice colors on the tree in the new picture. It's a nice "early autumn" look.

Silur

Well, excellent tree ...
THANK YOU !!! &hlp &hlp &hlp

Shadow

The Cathedral is very beautiful !  :thumbsup:
Reminds me of my trip to Russia.  :)

Girafe

Thanks all for your enthusiasm and visits!

around 1300 persons came in this topic just last week  &apls &apls &apls &apls

it was time to thank all followers of my work and globally the work of guinea fowls from VIP Team.

;)
The Floraler

Ol.S / Benoit

Long time I didn't comment here, my bad :(

I'll stay tunned for the Gan tower which looks really good ingame :)
Also the orthodox Cathedral & trees looks great so far.

Certainly the best team work these days ! :)
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

supremec

Another amazing tree I can't wait to plant it on my landscapes  ;D
Click on the banner to see my BATs