• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Urland - a (mostly) rural Coastline

Started by Nardo69, March 24, 2007, 12:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nedalezz

My deepest and most profound apologies and condolences to your loss. Its the toughest type of pain to deal with, and all I can say is time will inevitably heal all wounds.

From my experience, I found that the little things that entertain us (for me, it was playing cards with some relatives every night, as well as getting lost in Football Manager and SimCity) tend to help with the healing process. So here's hoping we get to see some of your awesomeness continue :)

Battlecat

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.  I hope your family is doing well. 

On a separate note, I quite like the details in today's post. 

WC_EEND

I am very sorry to hear about your loss Bernhard, my condolences to you and your family.

I do really like your new update, the more urban setting worked out very well in my opinion.

PS: %ban% for old time's sake

PPS: thanks to metarvo's post we've got a banning loop :P

Xander
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

lak47

Very nice MD this :) So much to learn, and very pleasing on the eye with all the greenery  :)

Keep it up  &apls

ps: Sorry to hear about your loss, may you'll have the strength in these tough times.

TheTeaCat

Bernhard

My deepest condolences to you and your family at this sad time. You are in my thoughts my friend.

Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Reikhardt

Bernhard, so sorry to hear of your loss.

Falls a little to the wayside I guess at a time like this but a fantastic little update all the same.

Richard

Tomas Neto

Bernhard, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss, my condolences to you and your family too.

And very nice update my friend!!!

ricardomiranda

I'm sorry for the loss of his father. Keep doing your journal, you have an amazing talent!

Nexis4Jersey

Sorry About your lose , keep up with the good work and stay strong :)

kwakelaar

Great work Bernhard, and you have given the Carolath palace a perfect spot, the summer time river looks very good indeed. Well done :thumbsup:
Sorry to hear about your father. I can relate as my father died just before Christmas 2010. It is difficult if you are not close by your family when these things happen. I am at the moment still thinking I should be back home in Norway to take care of the ones that are left behind. Not sure if the situation is the same for you.
Gjermund

Nardo69

Hello at All!

It has been a while since I posted, partially due to really bad RLS, partially because I haven't played the game for a while. and I must confess I miss the pervious post editor ...  :(

Anyway before we start the new update there are some Answers&Replies left to do:

@metarvo: Thanks for your condolences my friend! :)
Like its RL inspiration Neuenbürg is a small town in a hilly environments so yes, both rural and urban aspects are there. And of cause the powerplant is hydroelectric. ;)
And for the sake of the good ol' times: You're banned  %ban% for posting here!  :D

@nedalezz: Thanks for your condolences my friend! :)
Yes, but for some things at least I need some quiet moments and these are rare these days ...

@Battlecat: Thanks for your condolences my friend! :)
And I'm glad you liked the update!

@lak47: Thanks for your condolences my friend! :)

TheTeaCat: Thanks for your condolences, Derry! :)
Hope you're better now, too. Maybe we can meet again on MSN?

@Reikhardt: Thanks for your condolences my friend! :)

@Tomas Neto: Thanks for your condolences my friend! :)

@ricardomiranda: Thanks for your condolences my friend! :)

@Nexis4Jersey: Thanks for your condolences my friend! :)

@kwakelaar: Thanks for your condolences Gjermund! :)
My situation, well, kind of. Now I am separated from my wife and children again due to immigration and visa problems ... it stays difficult...
Actually from the very first moment I saw the Carolath palace I had such a purpose in my mind - needed just to find a suitable spot for it.
I just should have relotted it - IMHO the entrance of it is on the back side ...  :D

So, without any further Ados:

Update 29: Hauereichen

Hauereichen is a small suburb of my small megalopis. It has some nice villas, some prefab blocks, not much commerce, a little bit of industry and farming and lots of woods. Actually the woods braught me back to game - I just had to try out the new HD seasonal trees by Girafe (even though I used the evergreen ones - I am still the same slow, stubborn oldfashioned donkey that needs its time for new tricks ...)

The "urban" part of the map. The Glr-in-Ave separates prefabs from the villa. You can also see the CBD and industrial area.

From an different Angle. It took some time to get the prefabs grown as I wished but it was worth it!

The "CBD". The main funtion of Hauereichen is Residential - a typical bedroom community at the edge of town.

That was kind of a hard NAM jigsaw. All Glr-in-Ave and TuLEP pieces are somehow glued together, remove one and the whole intersection will be gone. In addition to this the GLR station was the reason for some CTDs: it is modded for draggable GLR but here the short distance only allowed GLR puzzle pieces ...

Usually something like that would have been my "after" - picture. But the whole quarter here is rather new - somewhere in the middle of 20th century - so the old buildings didn't fit.

And this is usually the "before" - situation... But together with the industrial area on the other side of the avenue these buildings just do better.
(and yes, that corner building could have been replace, too, but I just like it).

I just love how that school and the profab com together!  :wub:

OK, Journey meant the sun in their rock classic - but somehow the line just fir.  :golly:

Here you can see the woods that I created mostly with the new trees from Girafe - to the left all new trees (that are available evergreen and seasonal) and at the top and to the left combined with his old pine trees and cp.s pine trees.
Incredible but unlike Simfox's trees you can create a rather dense woods only with Girafe's maple without all props becoming one monotone mesh!

All kind of forrests. The edges of the forests still are the domain for Simfox's trees as you can place them more exactly than Girafe's ones.

That's my belated easter present for you - hope you liked it.

Have fun!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

bat

Great work on update 29 & 28!
Two really nice cities... ;)

noahclem

Great work Nardo! I like the little town and the way you've done that GLR/TuLEPs intersection. It's funny how something that looks so simple like that can be such a hassle to implement  :D  Speaking of that area, nice stairs!

And of course the woods look nice, I've been enjoying playing with Girafe's new trees as well though I agree with you that precision placing of them is a pain.

Glad to see you back  :thumbsup:

Terring7

Welcome back Bernhard :)
This town is really nice, a mix between naturalism and urbanism.I really like the tram stations, especially the diagonal one.
Keep it up &apls
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

supremec

I love the part where there are wind turbines  &apls  &apls  &apls
Click on the banner to see my BATs

peter007

Great rural area.
The forest looks beautiful surrounded with farms

-Ernst

canyonjumper

Great update Bernhard! I love the NAM jigsaw, I know how hard those are to pull off. The girafe forests are well done as well ;D

Your friend,
                                 Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Reikhardt

Good work Uncle Nardo! Great small town shots!

RickD

Welcome back. Always good to see a new Urland update.  :)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

kelis

Great shots in this update, Keep up
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||