• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starfinder9659

JoeST

Quote from: woodb3kmaster on June 02, 2010, 12:26:22 AM
Look at the middle lane's path in the intersection. It's reversed relative to the rest of the ARD-3.
Its true, but it doesnt really matter. If anything it should be both-way but it still doesnt matter, the vehicles from the stem of the T can still access both lanes as soon as they are off the junction.
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Tarkus

Quote from: starfinder9659 on June 02, 2010, 02:01:27 AM
I just wanted to let the nwm team know about this missing texture here - http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/2551/nwmbug.jpg

That's not a "missing texture", but actually too much of a texture there--the black area's supposed to be transparent.

-Alex

starfinder9659

but it only happenens at certain zoom levels, but when you zoom close again, the texture comes back

Blue Lightning

That's because every zoom is a different texture technically. So if an alpha map fails in one zoom, it doesn't affect the others.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

starfinder9659

j-dub

You know the funny thing is, I tried to replicate this and instead I end up coming to an intersection where there is another problem. I managed to now spot a regular Maxis one way road T's at an ASR, only to find the T flipped around and the texture for the one way facing the wrong way. Unfortunately the game did not really save my pictures to the album folder. Oh well.

johnandrew

Why is it that my NWM is not functioning?  ()what()  :bomb:  :'(

Truly need an answer to this.  ()stsfd()

MandelSoft

^^ The answer can be found on page 71:
Quote from: Tarkus on May 29, 2010, 01:59:34 PM
It sounds like you've got some sort of conflicting plugin (outdated NAM version or something of the sort) sitting in your Plugins folder, and it's causing your NWM not to function.  See NAM FAQ Item #1 for more info--while you may not be running into the "red arrow", there's a similar process belying your issue.
Try to read topics better in the future. It's quite possible you can find you answer there.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Twinsfan14

Will there be bridges added for NWM networks?

MOREOPTIONS

Good day everyone,  SOrry to ask this, I am sure it's somewhere in here,. but for the life of me i cant see it..  the arrows on the streets your seing in the pic's when people are showing the trafic pats..  well.. I cant seem to see them in my SC...  can some one point me to a thread a video or something that will let me see how i can have them, as i would like to be able to also see where my trafic is going, rather than simple all green/yellow and red coverings on my networks....By the way.. still un able to make tunnels. and all the video i see people making tunnels. but nothing showing the puzle peaces there using...   I was able to make all the water go away and i can draw the subway tunnel with or without water,. but i cant seem to get anything to let me plop in the area where the water would be.. am I missing something?   Thank you so very much.  God Bless

Thank you sim-al2 .  Thats the ones.  and thank you for the directions.  will give that a try..

Thank you jdenm8 ,  am sure am trying to use the FLups.  will have to keep trying.   if your knowing anything of the big tunnel in Dubia,. you may get what am trying to do.  Thank you for your reply...

sim-al2

You mean these arrows?

You need to download SC4 Extra Cheats here. Then open the cheat box (Ctrl+X) and hit F1. Scroll down to DrawPaths, click that and hit enter. If you want to remove them, open the list again and choose HidePaths.
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

jdenm8

@ MOREOPTIONS, you need to use the FLUP tunnels without a texture. They're at the end of the FLUP. Personally, I use the custom surface ones.
If you're thinking of dragging subway, You might be thinking of the Big Dig set which is different.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

j-dub

@MoreOptions, furthering Jdenm8, you do NOT use subway in association with FLUPs, you press tab and go to the tiles that only have the tiny rectangles on the edges, and you put those pieces together so the line connects to each other. You said you had a way to make water go away, which is a good time to build when there is nothing blocking your view. The tiles with the tiny rectangles on the edges, whether they have surfaces or are without a texture, should be able to plop, and should not be prevented by the water since those are underground pieces.

As for the Big Dig set, those are traffic enabled lot transitions that do NOT come with the NAM by default. The Big Dig oneway road to subway tunnel entrances should either be on the LEX or STEX exchanges. Big Dig uses subways to connect car traffic, FLUPs just uses puzzle pieces, no subway is needed. MoreOptions, if you find and get the Big Dig set, you will only find the tunnels from the Big Dig set under the bus icon (Misc Transit) button when you first click on the road icon button.

Hopefully we explained it for you, good luck building.

RebaLynnTS

Any chance of the Big Dig ever being compatible with FLUPS?
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

sim-al2

Well the problem is that the Big Dig converts traffic to subway (so only cars will work) and puzzle pieces can't actually convert traffic. Having the Big Dig pieces as puzzle piece ramps would be cool though, but someone would have to make them.
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

Bartol

Welcome, I have one little question: It's possible to completly reduced one way arrow on One-Way Roads?

j-dub

QuoteHaving the Big Dig pieces as puzzle piece ramps would be cool though, but someone would have to make them.
About the Big Dig: The problem is, I think Bhlady (can't remember how to spell) would have to give consent or want to be doing the remodding for that to happen, because if it would be revisited, RHW and OWR-3 seemed like good candidates to have versions of Big Dig, and then maybe later versions of stuff in the NWM could of benefitted. The good thing is now you can just rotate to the OWR tunnels in FLUPs, which I admit did do well to replace where road to sub underpass below the highway in one of my cities used to be, the FLUPs from this year allowed OWR connections underneath, and could turn, but I still use Big Dig because how detailed it looks, personally this method is easier for me when going underwater then piece by piece. The torture for me is, I have just one never before released diagonal Bhlady Big Dig entrance ramp modeled, texture mapped, lotted, network enabled, and in game, but its not like its going to go anywhere, years ago, I posted a picture of it on this forum in show us your tunnels, or whatever. If Big Dig was revisited, I would of liked to see those ramps in association with the Real Highways, but there are some new NWM opportunities where they also would of made sense.

Bartol, glad you joined SC4D. About the arrows. I tried using the full One Way arrow reduction plugin with the NWM before, and I could not see what was going on without it,  so I don't know if that is the best idea. I don't know if that is the case for you, but I have used the OWR reduction plugin that comes with the NAM, I don't know if you saw it.

smileymk

Pardon my interruption, but I believe I've made a little discovery that greatly improves the potential of the NWM:

Enjoy...

Realistic Cities for Dummies
Step-by-step tutorials on every single aspect of realistic city-building.

FacebookYouTube

Rady

AHa ... and what exactly would that be? What are we supposed to discover here ..?  ()what() ()what() ()what()
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps