• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j-dub

As for the place I described, the area is now experiencing road work, so there is a light. There are actually mess of temporary lights now in the area. Whats not so funny is, they had put up a temporary traffic light, and as I went across, I don't know what happened but the lights' wire snapped off, and fell into traffic, and it was raining. I probably shouldn't show a picture of that. They still were working though. :angrymore: I mean I guess LED lights are nice and bright plus less power for traffic signals. @Pat, I don't think those can get replicated in game, at least not easily, because they are very tiny in reality, the concept of the stopsign for ingame doing that light effect would have to be above standard dimensions. I have seen stopsigns in reality that are 10x bigger than normal in the country that their as wide as the front of a standard car, wish I had some pictures for proof.  I have also seen those tiny lights on curve signs as well. Other times, the flashing yellow light or red light may be above signs as well. I think its a lot harder drilling holes in the sign, and then seperate wiring the electricity through them for the tiny LEDs. 

Ryan B.

Someone said something about new traffic signals?

Kitsune

Those signals remind of the style Calgary Uses - Two Sideways, and one vertically on the pole. I'm guessing its a just test setup as you ussually wouldnt find a traffic light in the middle of the centre lane....
~ NAM Team Member

Ryan B.

j-dub

@burgsabre87 Yeah Man!  :thumbsup: You finally have it in game to show off! It looks awesome! Can't wait to see those on the yellow line more, so the car doesn't hit it. I'm sure some people will want these if you'll share, but are you going to remove the regular in game stoplights?

However, I h8 traffic cams! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :angrymore: :o You may too, because they are growing more and more.

Ryan B.

Here's another picture of what I'm trying to emulate . . . . at least for the avenue / one way road intersections:

Pat

I think it looks dead on for what you are trying to do burgs...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Crissa

Well, the lowest one is a speed/red light cam (still pictures only), the higher white ones are intersection traffic flow watch cams (generally live feed to central location) and the tiny ones are traffic density/emergency signal sensors, which aren't really cameras, but sense light frequency/brightness/direction for controlling the lights at a further range than the ground sensors.

Whew, that's alot, though.  Somewhere near there should also be a vertical cylindrical object, which would be the wLAN uplink to the microwave network that sends the pictures back home ^-^

Anyhow... Pretty awesome.  I prefer the simpler non-truss lights, tho.

-Crissa

Tarkus

Proof the TLA Project is not dead . . . I know these textures look like something the cat drug in (they're a mish-mash of unmatched old early prototypes I had laying around), but I have proof the diagonals are working. :)

This means that all of the RUL code I wrote for the MIS in RHW v20 can be re-used for the TLA-3. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

BigSlark

Alex,

Great progress! I can only image the road widen that's going to go in SimSuburbia around the globe when this is released...

Cheers,
Kevin

thundercrack83

This means that all of the RUL code I wrote for the MIS in RHW v20 can be re-used for the TLA-3. Wink

Wonderful news, my friend! This should make your job much easier! I'll be looking forward to seeing more progress on this front!

pilotdaryl

Well, Ryan, may I remind you that it's two red lights, not two green lights.  The signals look great!  :thumbsup:

Pat

LoL Alex that is does look like something the cat drug in but dannnnnnng its good to know that codeing is going to rather simple then...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Nexis4Jersey

Tarkus

Well, it's been awhile since I've had anything to report here--the RHW had been taking up my time, but I needed a little break from it, so I'm back working on the TLAs some more.

This isn't finished yet, but I'm working on getting the intersections RULed such that turn lanes (besides the center turn lane) will pop up at certain intersections:

More to come . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)

JoeST

thats NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *salivates*

I might even use this after its finished, not a fan of centre turn lanes, I haven't seen them in England, but perfection such as this isn't not used
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Tarkus

Thanks, Joe.  I'm glad you like it. :)

By the way, there's more now . . .

I made the diagonal prototype a bit less icky-looking (though stuff still isn't perfect by any means).

And I've also fixed the intersection I showed in my last development update 1.5 hours ago, and just for the heck of it, I copied a couple T21s over from the old NAM Road Turning Lanes (RTL) Plugin . . .

(don't mind the fact that the signals are stuck on green--that's because there aren't valid path files in yet for the intersection)

I also have the T-Intersection RULed. :D

Enjoy . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)

Andreas

Most likely, I won't use those "suicide lanes", but they look very nice so far! And the first pic of your last posting definitely needs a smooth curve puzzle piece (not sure if such a curve can be made draggable, but if, we should investigate how to do that). :)
Andreas

toxicpiano

Awesome! So does it get easier for you from here ? :D
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.