• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your . . . . current projects

Started by keithsed, February 08, 2007, 07:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

Quote from: Fatsuhono on October 23, 2011, 10:19:55 PM
That looks unbelievable Bipin! Where did you get all the junk under the overpass at the right of the picture?

The junk underpass are from thhe SFBT set available here: CLICK ME!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Bipin

Also, the area with the maintenance vehicle and anywhere you see green/grey foliage is either custom lotted or MMP'ed.

jordanfrew1994

This is an image from my Bergerland region, it is a 17th/18th century star fortress in the west end of my city lillefell.  It's not finished yet but I'd really appreciate some feedback.

Risu

Risu

Necroposting is FUN! $%Grinno$%

Suburbian precinct based on the fused grid model. I plan to encircle with GLR-in-AVE.

Jaris

I'm sure it is by accident only, but your street/zone -layout reminds me somehow of the symbol used by the germans in ww2.  &Thk/(  ::)

art128

But it's also the symbol of Swastika, which means the perpetual movement, very used in Asian countries. It also refers to the divinity Ganesha in the Hinduism religion.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Risu

I recall reading somewhere that Hitler once owned a ranch in Colorado. During which time, he saw that symbol painted all along the walls inside a Navajo cave. Then he went back to germany and started a revalution.

Evillions8

Pretty huge, so I suggest clicking on the link.  ;)

j-dub

Quote from: Risu on December 08, 2011, 01:11:42 PM
I recall reading somewhere that Hitler once owned a ranch in Colorado. During which time, he saw that symbol painted all along the walls inside a Navajo cave. Then he went back to germany and started a revalution.

At one time there was a Hitler Rd in my state. If a different farmer lived on that property the name of the road may have been something else instead.

RickD

Risu: Excellent SC4 implementation of the fused grid model.  :thumbsup: I am curious if it works in the game. I tried it myself but it resulted in massive abandonment.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Risu

Quote from: RickD on December 09, 2011, 02:03:27 AMRisu: Excellent SC4 implementation of the fused grid model.  :thumbsup: I am curious if it works in the game. I tried it myself but it resulted in massive abandonment.
I haven't unpaused the sim-ulator yet, so I dunno either. However, I provided them with mass-transit in the form of GLR and bus routes. Of course, I'll also expand and connect to other tiles, so the sims aren't stuck in a petri dish forever. :P

mike3775

I've done that type before, and it lasted about 20 years then they kept complaining saying things like "full employment without enjoyment" and crap like that. 

Kitsune

Quote from: Risu on December 08, 2011, 07:42:32 AM
Necroposting is FUN! $%Grinno$%

Suburbian precinct based on the fused grid model. I plan to encircle with GLR-in-AVE.

I do my res like that all the time... except I do it 1x1 lots centered in either a 25x25 or 51x51 square and with a lot more dead ends. Often I'll only have two roads and have 2x1 com lined up on it... while having one of the roads intersect with a highway that leads to downtown. I never had a problem, although I do use demand boosters.
~ NAM Team Member

Jayster

I've found, for me at least, any attempt to use real world styles of zoning in SimCity always fails for me. But once and awhile something surprises me.

Jayster

mike3775

Quote from: Jayster on December 12, 2011, 07:42:57 PM
I've found, for me at least, any attempt to use real world styles of zoning in SimCity always fails for me. But once and awhile something surprises me.

Jayster

Its because the game wants you to keep zoning and zoning more density.  I hate that if I try and make a large city tile I get the advisor popping up every 10 minutes telling me about trouble ahead because I have only zones low density(1x1,2x1,2x2,3x3 lots) and keeps telling me to zone medium and high density tiles

Terring7

Quote from: mike3775 on December 14, 2011, 04:56:19 AMI get the advisor popping up every 10 minutes telling me about trouble ahead because I have only zones low density(1x1,2x1,2x2,3x3 lots) and keeps telling me to zone medium and high density tiles

Ignore him ;)
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

mike3775

Quote from: Terring7 on December 14, 2011, 09:16:14 AM
Quote from: mike3775 on December 14, 2011, 04:56:19 AMI get the advisor popping up every 10 minutes telling me about trouble ahead because I have only zones low density(1x1,2x1,2x2,3x3 lots) and keeps telling me to zone medium and high density tiles

Ignore him ;)

I do, but he still keeps popping up all the time.  He reminds me alot of one of my kids who still thinks if he nags me enough over time, I will acquiesce and do what he wants me to do  lol

I love building a low density large city tile, and I may actually do a 1x1 low density city on a large city tile to see how it turns out.  I just need to decide whether I want to do it with 1 main Avenue top to bottom(or Left to Right) or have multiple city length avenues for the roads to connect to

j-dub

Yeah. That guy. He keeps on complaining roads rule, but streets endangered. Whatever. I guess just start off with one main avenue, and save money and land, for future road widening if need be later.

Gurning_Chimp

Quote from: j-dub on December 14, 2011, 01:52:09 PM
Yeah. That guy. He keeps on complaining roads rule, but streets endangered. Whatever. I guess just start off with one main avenue, and save money and land, for future road widening if need be later.

Turn him off. That's what I do. Goodbye advisors!