• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your . . . . current projects

Started by keithsed, February 08, 2007, 07:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samerton

@ Nexis4Jersey: nice start! I like the field north of the roundabout.

netmod

Working on some Nuclear Forestry

(note: All the trees were mayor mode plops so it took me a while)
mooooooooooooooooo...

mightygoose

early days.....

...... in the complaints department.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

marsh

Mighty goose! Finally coming back from the dead eh' ? Looks awesome

,marsh  :thumbsup:

Terring7

I'm working on Memories of the Colonists and on Eden: The New Frontier. See my signature for more informations. However I'm also working on upgrading all the Maxis towns. Yes, this is Spandau!

It's still under development and i have plenty of work to do. More images are coming soon :)
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Risu

I've been waiting for this thread to be revived. :-[

Terring, that's actually a really good idea. Gives me the inspiration to do the same.... :thumbsup:

Terring7

Spandau is ready! This town was made by the Maxis team and it was too sloppy and plain. Now it's a cool, futuristic mini metropolis. Enjoy ()stsfd()

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

jaatt

Some really great ideas and creations here. For myself I am taking a great idea and pushing it forward. Some great modelers in the past were able to take our Automata to new heights and give us a larger variety in automation thus inspiring others to step further. Cop car creator Nerdly_dood has blessed us with many choices to help weed out the Maxis version "Ugh!" His "slick top" release (and some others) helped me to look into providing myself even more law enfoecement options to help clean up the streets of SC4.
Below are all original creations from Nerdly_dood that found their way into my chop shop. I reskinned his early car releases into my own, making a Boston police car and Mass state trooper which you can see here as dispatches 6 and 25 up front. After the "slick top" release I again reskinned one into a state trooper (dispatch 26) as this release offered the ability to play the game with two police cars at once. This was a major breakthrough for me as I had been waiting for this since the first cop car mod so long ago. Tinkering with the DAT files in reader I was able to manipulate the "slicktop" TGI's so I could have all colors from that release in the game at once. But I relented to one color, in this case maroon, and then set forth to see if I could mod the files so I could have any cop car in the game at once. As you can see below I have 4 police cruisers that are fully automated and UDI enabled.

In addition, the same tinkering resulted in putting the FBI suburban from SIMFANATIK in the same city for riot control giving me 5. And Gwail's and Swampers fire trucks as well. All vehicles are UDI playable and chosen randomly by the game.

Again... these are only reskins of Nerdly's cars, I just meddled with the TGI's. The suburban I left alone as it suited my needs as is.

cammo2003

Custom region I'm in the process of finalising. It's heavily based upon part of Marathon County (and is centred on the county seat, Wausau) in Wisconsin, although I wouldn't call it an accurate terrain at all as I've changed the lakes a little as well as the alignment of the creeks and such.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

(if you've checked the filename, Ashfield is the name of the fictional region I'm going to build on the thing). You can probably tell that this is post tree-ification. I use the contours view to apply trees above a certain terrain height. Anywhere else I tree as needed.

Thinking of a release on the STEX if anyone's interested, it's pretty much ready to package up now.

Risu

That's really good!

I'm making a suburbian farmtown....

...With nimby's across the river.

Aliktren

Been playing since I picked the game up in the steam sale at Christmas for the price of a starbuxcks, best few quid I spent last year :D

This is my amatuerish first attempt at redoing a region based on the berlin map from Maxis with some re-terraforming, opted for Berlin as I wanted a European zone so it seemed like a good inspiration

Still lots of work to do on the river but it is coming, are there any tutorials on creating mountains spanning more than one map, the flat area upper right was the aborted result of me trying and failing :D

Comments welcome as I am still struggling with the basics, but this is what I am up to, the town of Orthanc is the first map I am working on, no closeups yet!

io_bg

^ You have to use the [img*]http://image link[/img] code (without the *) ;) Also convert your pictures to jpg before uploading them.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Aliktren

ok, half way there then, will convert them ASAP! - at least I got the links working! - thanks

Dark_Jedi06

Currently working on this region that blade2k5 kindly made for me. :)

Here's my rendered version:

And I've started working on the rural areas in the foothills:

...this space to be filled soon...

jmyers2043

hello Dark_Jedi06

That map will keep you busy for sure. Good Luck with the project.

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

SCWTC4

this is my current project, the Auburn Dam.

the dam sits in the mountains south of the city of Easton and once completed will become the primary source of water and electricity for the growing metropolis.

there is a LOT of work to be done, for an easier understanding i've higlited the future reservoir's edge, the Dam itself and the Foresthill bridge that will cross the lake

maybe someone from california will notice that the Auburn Foresthill bridge really exist, i've take both the names from a never-built dam and the bridge that was built to cross the reservoir.
obviously my dam and my bridge both differs from the original.

sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foresthill_Bridge
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auburn_Dam
me and my (clever) friend..
f: "everytime i play SC4 riots erupts, they even blow up a bridge"
m: "do you ever consider the possibility of putting around some police stations?" (joking)
f: "you're right..."
m:

Risu

LoL, "Easton". ;) Jhipolito made a heck of a useful region.

I love this thread, and seeing everyone's awesome stuff.

Cali

really nice . How long is the dam anyways?
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

SCWTC4

Quote from: Cali on February 04, 2011, 05:42:55 PM
really nice . How long is the dam anyways?
a little less than 1.500 m i think, i will measure it accurately today, anyway despite it's only 45-50 meters tall she still manages to create a huge reservoir spanning 5 large city titles  ;D

edit: the dam is exactly 1.538 m long

edit2:
i have some little news for all you guys, the project i basically completed.. and here comes the pictures.

the spillway:

dam overview:

maybe i need a different type of wall set to recreate the dam (something more "concrete" looking), all those trees popping out from the dam foundations looks a bit out of place.

a larger overview featuring a bridge crossing the valley:

and a region view of the whole reservoir!:

me and my (clever) friend..
f: "everytime i play SC4 riots erupts, they even blow up a bridge"
m: "do you ever consider the possibility of putting around some police stations?" (joking)
f: "you're right..."
m:

Risu