• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tientsin - Fort Bayard : a Chinese Special Administrative Region

Started by nova vesfalo, December 06, 2007, 06:25:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suplado!

Filasimo

i must say thats a great start nova  :thumbsup:, im curious where u got that covered walkway the white and glass covered one.  ()what()
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Shadow Assassin

Funny, I thought I posted here.

Well, I like how the teaser's going, and good choice of location for the city, by the way.

Still having one or two problems with your plugins folder, or did you forget to get a dependency - there's a huge box just below the 'e' in French Town.

But I love how that covered walkway fits in between the buildings.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

kwakelaar

Like I said before, Nova Westfalo was a great MD and a pitty you had to stop.Still I am very happy to see you begin something new, and this is new one is off to an interesting start. Look forward to see what you will be doing here.

sauron620

nova vesfalo

Pat : thanks, it's just so comfy to get a game that bugged less :)
oldrogue: thanks
bat : thanks, it didn't go as speed as I want since I have to get that "Asian feeling" with a touch of Europe.
Une_ame: merci beaucoup !
suplado! : thank you , this region (by SA) is wonderful !
Filasimo ! thanks. For the covered walkway, I've found it on a japanese website (I've search it again and again, the only thing I'm sure fo i that it's on Snoreli's japanses websites list), it's called Arcade.
Shadow Assassin : thanks !! (I had some problems (hte St panras station, when Simtropolis wasn't working, no it's repair) Your map is awesome, just enought big and full of possibility !!
kwakelaar : It needed something more challenging, something fresh, and I think recreation of a former chiniese concession was a great thing to do
: sauron620: thanks

So like the previous updates, the city isn"t enough advanced to get a proper updates. Let's start with a map of Tientsi-Ile

This map shows the 4 administrative divisions of the Municipality of Tientsin (the municipality is a part of Tientsin SAR) and the highway and railway system.

Transportation System : The Island of Tientsin is quite higly iragted by public transportation with metro , el-rail and tramway lines. The regional Railway system has 6 stations on the island. The Motorway system is not well developed on the Island, due to the prescence of a lot of large roads. Highways are free

In blue, Fort Bayart-Tientsin's District is the what we called the "Old Town", It hosts the Tientsin-Ile Town Hall, St George Cathedral, the Tientsin SAR Parliament and most of the embassy.

In Orange, Kennedy-Baoshan District is mostly a residential district with a lot of "à la Hong Kong" public housings.

In Yellow, Tai Po-Shai Pek District was a rural area until the construction of Lafayette boulevard in the 20s. Today it's the hearth of Tai Po Buissness Developement Zone (TPBDZ), the burstling new downtown of Tientsin.

In Green, is the less populous part of Tientsin(s Island. It's protected space. It hosts the Sainte Geneviève University.

Actual developement of the region:

As usual a little picture:

This picture is located in The Frech Town, on Boulevard Saint George ( a prespective connecting the Cathedral and the banks)

warconstruct

Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

Yoman

Everything in your picture fits flawlessly, a really excellent piece of work there!

sauron620

Strechnitz

Most wonderful update Nova,

Would you mind if I place the invitation for the queen of Nova Vesfalo in here? since that MD is completed?

In other words, you are cordially invited instead :)

Strech.
Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.

bat

Great update there! And wonderful region overview and picture, too! Nice area of your city! :thumbsup:

nova vesfalo

warconstruct: thanks !!!
Yoman: merci :), happy to see it looks a but "asian"
sauron620: merci :)
Strechnitz: Thanks ! Sure the Prefect-Governor would be very pleased to attend to the mid winter ball
bat:Thanks, hope to show more area soon
pipisphere: I' have the same "fresh start" than when I've staerted nova vesfalo !

Quick History Facts

The territory of Tientsin was ceded to France in 1830, when the Monarchy has been re-established. When France took the soverignity in Tientsin, François, last of child of the Duke of Nemours and exil compagnion of Louis Philippe, was apointed to be the Duke-Governor of Tientsin, He was the First Duke of Fort Bayart.

Franois, Duc de Fort Bayart
[/i]

In 1875, Charles Duke of Fort Boyart is deposed, he still the Duke of Tientsin, but the Governor-power is transfered to Prefect-Governor named byt the President of the French Republic.

Even if the Duke has no more political power, he still a strong personality in Tientsin.

No pic sorry !

MOD EDIT: Fixed the commenters' names, you had them down as image links, but I think you meant to have them italicised. - Fred

bokrif

Great now I see pictures of this new CJ. It will be surely nice, as I really liked Nova Vesfalo!

TopCliff

This looks spectacular! I like the layout, not so much winding roads everywhere but people planned for the cities to grow. I like it. Say, where'd you get those big silver arches on the first page? Thanks. Later.
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

Giligone

Looking good so far. I really like that last close-up shot. There's lots of nice colourful trees. :satisfied:

KACP3R

kwakelaar

That is a nice looking avenue you have made. I see there is still a lot to develop on the island before it will be anything like a real city. Will you be developing the mainland as well?

nova vesfalo

Hello,
Thanks you very much for the comments !! TOday it's time to look at Saint George Avenue, the central promenade of the french Town.

Avenue Saint George was the fashionable promedanade for bourgeoise people back in the XIXth Century. Now Saint George Avenue resumes quite clearly was the french town is now : a pot pouris of old and low-quality buildings. A major restructuration plan is curruntly in porject at the Town Hall to requalify the "Place Saint George" in front of the Cathedral.

In the 90s, a unused park on Avenue Saint George has been open to construction. The Duc de Nemours tower has been errected. It's the highest point of the french town. Many people called it the "90s Mistake". It shows how the city has been managed from the 80s to 90s at the begining of the Economic Boom.

Behind Saint George Cathedral, starts Louis Philippe Park with a statue of the french monark.

Next time the banks of Saint George...

oldrogue

looking very good....and love the care you take with your fotos.....great job
Sometimes I go into my own little world....but it's ok, they know me there.