• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Brixham Boatyard....Something new from the Cave.

Started by callagrafx, October 04, 2009, 01:54:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

callagrafx

Been a while since I did anything constructive for the game, thanks to a combination of work, children and other hobbies.  Anyway, ever since I did the boats, I've wanted to do this... A small(ish) boatyard.

This building is near completion, but there will be other ancillary buildings and loads of props to make, including boat lifts, part-built boats, fencing, base textures and a quayside.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

SimNation

The level of detail on this building is stunning. Is this the start of a new series from you?

zero7

That looks great - especially the roof texture.  I hope that you'll release each thing you make for the boatyard individually even if there's a full boatyard lot with everything at the end, just in case you don't complete the project as a whole.
Call me Richard

Silur

Excellent work - I'm crazy with this. I like rural SC4 lines and Your object is fantastic ...
Thank You ...

callagrafx

The construction shed is finished:

Now working on the bakehouse....
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

TheTeaCat

Thats just superb Lee  &apls &apls
The most amazing textures and details - its just amazing

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

dedgren

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

callagrafx

Simnation: Not the start of a new series, just something I've wanted to do for a long time. 

Zero7: Richard, if I don't complete, I'll release the models and props as a dependency pack.  Chances are I will complete, but timescales are a bit vague.

Silur: Many thanks

Derry:  Cheers....coffee, white with two please  :thumbsup: :D

David: Thanks David, it's nice to see you around as always.

Started work on the ancillary buildings.  Here's the "oven" where the boats are "cooked".....

Diggis

Quote from: callagrafx on October 05, 2009, 01:50:41 AM
Started work on the ancillary buildings.  Here's the "oven" where the boats are "cooked".....

I'll take mine medium rare please.

Whats at the top of the stairs?  Looks like a series of windows.

adroman

Looks absolutely brilliant!
It'd look good in every waterfront/harbor area.

Keep up the great work!  :thumbsup:
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

callagrafx

Quote from: Diggis on October 05, 2009, 02:03:17 AM
I'll take mine medium rare please.

Whats at the top of the stairs?  Looks like a series of windows.

Air handling heat recovery units  :thumbsup:  Take the hot air and reprocesses it and pumps it back in...energy efficiency

callagrafx

Changed the pipework at the suggestion of others and added some more detail...

Orange_o_

The textures you used are great, and they give all their charm to the buildings

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

joelyboy911

Callagrafx: Wow!

I honestly can say that on the day you release this - I will download it, and put it in my city and take a picture. These are some of the best BATs I have seen lately. 

On a side note, the buildings, with their doors shut (or you could make a version without boats), would look great as industrial growables.

Keep it up!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

callagrafx

Quote from: joelyboy911 on October 08, 2009, 02:31:42 AM
On a side note, the buildings, with their doors shut (or you could make a version without boats), would look great as industrial growables.

That is feasible....I was probably going to do it with doors closed for a timed prop, so after night falls the boatyard shuts down.  Need to speak to my Master Modder nicely  :D  The buildings/props will be released as a pack with the LOT, I don't intend to release them separately.  However, if it looks like something may prevent my completing this, I will upload what I have got completed.

callagrafx

joelyboy911

SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

callagrafx

Just discovered why....the wood panelling texture had a slight reflectivity to it, and it was reflecting the black background....This any better?

joelyboy911

SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Pat

Quote from: callagrafx on October 05, 2009, 05:11:27 AM
Air handling heat recovery units  :thumbsup:  Take the hot air and reprocesses it and pumps it back in...energy efficiency

In other words GREEN... YaY my sims can have another green industry around!!!

Lee when I first saw your thread here I had to do a double take and make sure someone wasnt bumping a old thread lol.... OMG the details are just stunning here on what you are doing for the boatyard and fast too!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie