• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

When reality and fantasy converge....

Started by callagrafx, July 20, 2008, 03:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

callagrafx

Some of you may know I 3D model commercially for a number of different types of clients, the main one being an airhandling manufacturer who commission me to create models of their products and show them in virtual situations...  The latest one is a newbuild hospital:

Whether this becomes a game asset I don't know, as for it to work it would have to be one very big LOT...
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

freedo50

Wow, I would love to be able to have the dedication and skill to make something like this. I would definitely be interested in seeing it in-game.

Fred

CasperVg

I can only echo what Freedo said, it looks really nice; and, if placed in game, would be the most realistic hospital to date.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

wouanagaine

This is a great model and will certainly be a great CC for SC4 as an suburbian clinic ! :thumbsup:

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Diggis

that really looks fantastic.  Great work mate.

jacqulina

hiya lee hows you,this is a fantastic project  &apls &apls

superhands

a new hospital is just what the community needs :thumbsup:

callagrafx

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

toxicpiano

I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

FrankU

Wow, I myself, as an architect, have been playing around with 3D applications to model designs. But this is far beyond my scope! Great work.

Shadow Assassin

Quote from: callagrafx on July 23, 2008, 01:30:14 AM
It had one not long ago  :thumbsup:

http://www.sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1676

But a more 'rural' styled complex would be excellent to use in those low-density areas, you know. :p
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

callagrafx

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on July 25, 2008, 06:04:30 AM
But a more 'rural' styled complex would be excellent to use in those low-density areas, you know. :p

I know, but couldn't resist the shameless plug  :D :D

callagrafx

Been flat out on this for nearly 2 months now....the exterior shots came out quite well

Quite pleased with the interiors too...

As for turning this into a BAT, the footprint would be huge.  When I have some actual free time I'll look to see if I can re-orient it for the game.

Diggis

Not enough roof junk.  And table junk.  When did you last see a desk that clean... Come on!  Not very realistic Lee.  :D

And you should so have SC4D on that PC Screen.

callagrafx

Quote from: Diggis on August 14, 2008, 06:28:21 AM
Not enough roof junk.  And table junk.  When did you last see a desk that clean... Come on!  Not very realistic Lee.  :D

And you should so have SC4D on that PC Screen.

That's the whole point...the company do ventilation systems that do not need to be open to the elements, And the NHS have a tidy desk policy  :P   :D :D

Diggis

Quote from: callagrafx on August 15, 2008, 12:46:25 AM
And the NHS have a tidy desk policy  :P   :D :D

Ahh, yes.  The tidy desk policy... otherwise known as the file everything in the rubbish bin policy.  Explains a lot about the NHS.

jacqulina

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Shadow Assassin

OK, that's just ridiculous.

It'd be great to see that building in-game, but texture tiling would need to be eliminated on the roofs. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!