• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Holiday Inn on the Canal

Started by callagrafx, June 14, 2008, 09:36:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

callagrafx

During some discussions with Barby who said this apartment building (coming soon)

would make a good hotel.  So, I made it into one, and as a little twist, made it for my retextured CAL/SG Canal set.

Just needs scrutineering and then it'll be good to go.  It'll be a plop with jobs.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Godzillaman

Heh...That's pretty cool...but I'd have to extent my canal system...which would be a pain...:P
"With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound he pulls the spitting high-tension wires down..."

threestooges

Nice work with that. Will the reflection in the water be a part of it too or is that just a photoshop trick? The only thing I find slightly strange with the setup (but then again, I like the overall look) is that it doesn't seem to take advantage of the potential water view off the back. Very few windows facing out the back. However, that's a rather small thing. I'm looking forward to this release.
-Matt

The_Hutt

Wow, that looks pretty sweet. The only thing I really see missing is an overhang for the front entrance. Other than that it looks great.

callagrafx

I BATed the canal with the hotel in place for the very reason to get the reflection...As for not taking advantage, I sort of agree but the building model was simply an adaptation, plus this is a Holiday Inn Express, where the rooms are cheap and cheerful  :thumbsup:

On a side note, I was playing with the water texture a bit and came up with this...

This is the original (retextured) version.

The problem is I'd need to re-render all the pieces again and the models would need to overwrite the previous release.  A lot of work.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

sithlrd98

I really like it! I love the reflection!  &apls

Alfred.Jones

That is beautiful Lee! I love the reflection in the water $%Grinno$% and the small garden with the seat on the canal. Simply gorgeous  :)

Sim City 4 Devotion

girlfromverona

Awesome! I'm so glad you're still making pieces for your canal set, as I've just started using it in my city!  &apls

callagrafx

@sithlrd98:  Thanks! Although 3DSMax does all the real work  :thumbsup: Although the new water texture is all mine.  Still debating whether to do a replacement set.

@Alfred:  The LOTing is 100% Barby.  I suck at LOTing like you wouldn't believe.

@Girlfromverona: This was a spur of the moment idea, but I am thinking I should really expand the set somewhat in the near future  :thumbsup:

Alfred.Jones

Quote from: callagrafx on June 15, 2008, 12:54:52 AM
I am thinking I should really expand the set somewhat in the near future  :thumbsup:

Really?? Awesome!! I love your new canal set but it lacks the addon pieces that the original does. It is still awesome though ;)

The LOTing is 100% Barby.  I suck at LOTing like you wouldn't believe.

That makes two of us ()stsfd()

Sim City 4 Devotion

girlfromverona

Quote from: callagrafx on June 15, 2008, 12:54:52 AMThis was a spur of the moment idea, but I am thinking I should really expand the set somewhat in the near future

I hope you do. I really love the colour and texture of your canals, and the reflections are just superb.  ;D

jacqulina

beautifull work lee and barby &apls &apls

Pat

Lee that is simply sweet!!! Barby did a bang up job on the lotting to!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

callagrafx

Thank you all...it's now available on the LEX here http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1668

Swamper added a spawning Holiday Inn minibus to it, just to make it a tad more interesting...

Bobbo

what a fantastic job callagrafx!  I'll definately download it!

Alfred.Jones

Thank for that Lee :thumbsup: I was just building a canal system in my city so now I have more to add ()stsfd()

Sim City 4 Devotion

Swamper77

Quote from: callagrafx on June 19, 2008, 02:34:52 PM
Swamper added a spawning Holiday Inn minibus to it, just to make it a tad more interesting...

You can call it a "minibus", but it is a repainted Ford Econoline Van from the 80's. I know what I steal for projects :P

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

jacqulina

TheTeaCat

definitely worth a

A wonderful creation  &apls &apls

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Swesim

Quote from: callagrafx on June 19, 2008, 02:34:52 PM
Thank you all...it's now available on the LEX here http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1668

And interestingly enough it appears in the middle of the canal for some reason...
Apart from that small detail which I can live with I love your canal set.

@Girlfromverona: This was a spur of the moment idea, but I am thinking I should really expand the set somewhat in the near future  :thumbsup:
That sounds wonderful, May I be so bold as to request a functional raising bridge PEG style?
The problem now as I see it is that You updated SGs small coalwharf, but the barge would have a difficult time to pass under Your "modular" bridges...

Thanks for Your contributions anyhow!