• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Sydney Opera House - For one night only!

Started by callagrafx, January 25, 2013, 02:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

callagrafx

Circumstances in my life (the addition of children mainly) meant I had to hang up my BAT cape and fade into the background, where I have lurked, but still watching.... However, recent discussions elsewhere about the LEX and custom content made me remember there was always one BAT I wanted to do, but never got around to... So for one last time, I suit up....

A start...

And a little more context...

Can you tell what it is yet?
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

dragonshardz

Either a theatre of some sort, a cruise ship port, a mall, or a museum.

Jack_wilds

%confuso  the base to the Sydney Opera House  ()what()  ???

metarvo

SC4 is a game, and RL takes precedence, so it's understandable that you wouldn't have time to BAT very much.  With that being said, I'm glad you've decided to do just one more.  I'm guessing it's an office building?
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Swordmaster

"The addition of children" is usually one of the best things in life, so we can hardly complain. When on top of that you start BATting the Opera house, we can complain even less!

Cheers
Willy

callagrafx

And the winner is....

the man in the hat!!!  Well done Jack.

Those were renders as of 6 hours ago... Here's where it's at now.  Didn't want to reveal too much all in one go  :thumbsup:

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

MTT9

You can call me Matt

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

dobdriver

I see the second facade in the background, it should arriving shortly yes.

M4346

'Tis a good day indeed when a legend rises from the shadows and then shows us this masterpiece!  Yay! ;D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

callagrafx

Quick update...  Finished the front window.

fafalone

It's always a shame to see such talented BATers leave the game. Good luck with everything, maybe one day your kids will find an interest in the game and you can pass on the joys of making new content :)

Serkanner

On the brink of a new Simcity we see another great building arise for the classic SC4 ... I am looking forwrd to see it in-game. Children do grow up, so Cal will be back one day.  :P

rooker1

A legend back making a legendary BAT what more could we ask for.   &apls
Great to see you around again Cal! Good luck with life and the children.  I know how much of a handful children can be, but one day you'll find time again for yourself.  Mine are all watching cartoons right now....so I have about 20 minutes to myself. $%#Ninj2

Robin :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Andreas

Wow. The Sydney Opera House has been on the top position of my "BAT Wanted" list since the release of SC4 Vanilla. I dropped a few hints here and there over the years, and it looks like someone finally picked up my dream. Nevertheless, spend as much time with your kids as possible, since kids are the greatest gift that life brings to you. :)
Andreas

Delecto

Very brave choice, it will give a beautiful BAT undoubtedly.  :thumbsup:

Good start.

noahclem

A beautiful start to a beautiful building  &apls  We're all very lucky you've decided to have a last "hurrah"!

vortext

Looks great!  :thumbsup:

Are you also gonna BAT the waterside? Well, not the water but the surrounding harbor walls? Looking at pictures I noticed they've the same color and structure as the base of the building, hence why I ask.  :)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

mave94

It's great seeing you batting again. And, wow, the Sydney Opera House, it's a nice building in real life. You've made a fantastic start with this great building. I'm eager to see how this will evolve.

-Matthijs