• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New canals? Surely you can't be serious?

Started by callagrafx, April 27, 2010, 03:40:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

callagrafx

I've had to shelve any new developments for a while, as work once again takes over. 
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

rooker1

I wouldn't worry too much Cal....you have given us more than enough to play with for the next while. ;)
Thanks again.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

deadwoods

Magnificent set as usual (based on the pics in the thread). That ferry terminal is one ugly building, but the detailing and texturing is, as expected, amazing.
David, aka deadwoods

greenbelt

&apls  definitely going to use these!!

Just a clarification on the bridges.  The network enable set only allow automata across (i.e. basically eye-candy)  The other bridges set behaves like a real bridge?

iskrem

Any plans for making diagonal pieces?
Would be great ;D

joker09

Hi I have a clean install on my sc4 and install only yours canals and NAM.
but I having ptoblems in bridges network enable. All roads, streets are grey, like concret. I will get a screenshot and put here soon.

any help?

joker09

same error than MAS71  on post 129. My textures stay that way.

C.Scott

Callagrafx would it be possible to upload the model for your Ferry terminal to make it
available to lotters. 
CS

catty

Hi joker09 and C.Scott

This topic was last active back in June 2010 with the last post from someone in Dec 2010, I'm not saying you won't get a reply to your posts, but it is extremely unlikely.

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

gutterclub

Quote from: zero7 on April 29, 2010, 11:57:17 AM
I'm using 2009 Design, so that would be fine for me.  Thanks for letting me know about the issue with lower water - it saves me trying to update my last set using your water settings and finding I'm wasting my time.  From what you say it would appear that any deeper canal set would need to be separately developed this time rather than an extension set.

I was actually thinking in terms of extending your set with some footbridges and canalside buildings when I asked the question, so was more interested in matching the pieces you're currently working on.

Hi Lee, great to see you back in action.

Did you end up posting the Mat Settings and Max file anywhere? I'm really keen on making some additional models / boats out on your Canal water, for personal use and if any good and with your permission, for release. I use Max 2010 and the latest BAT4MAX :)

callagrafx

Quote from: gutterclub on April 07, 2020, 09:23:31 PM

Hi Lee, great to see you back in action.

Did you end up posting the Mat Settings and Max file anywhere? I'm really keen on making some additional models / boats out on your Canal water, for personal use and if any good and with your permission, for release. I use Max 2010 and the latest BAT4MAX :)

I'm afraid those files are long gone...
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Girafe

I don't have the .3ds however I found a .mat in my archives that could be the one used by Lee

https://www.dropbox.com/s/txazko94i5t6s9j/canal_water.rar?dl=0

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

gutterclub

Perfect, this is the one. Thanks so much  :bnn:

matias93

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

gutterclub

That was the older Canal, the one Girafe posed was the Material for the newer Stone Canals that Lee did, with the bridges, Marina, Rowing club etc :)